Author Topic: New Owner in Michigan  (Read 7666 times)

Offline dave3223

New Owner in Michigan
« on: May 18, 2014, 11:42:44 AM »
Hello,
I picked up a blue 2010 Concours with 6000 miles a couple days ago after selling my Suzuki B-King.  First impressions are it feels like the bike fits me much better.45 degrees used to be my cut off as temps go, not anymore! I'm 6'4, and the bike is much more comfortable. The PO added a number of extras including audiovox cruise, GPS, Starcom, a Givi trunk, cee bailey screen, lowered pegs, front sliders, and a couple others.

I am impressed by the bike. I really did like my B-King, but I plan on doing distance rides and it was kind of hard to justify having two bikes. I have been riding for 8 years, having previously owned a Suzuki Savage (1 Season), 95 ZX11 (1 Season), 2001 FZ1 (6 seasons), and the B-King (6 months).

After adding a new front tire (still has the stock), I plan on adding a dark windscreen, a slip on exhaust (probably a Two Brothers Black Series CF), rear fender eliminator, Tech Spec tank pads, Guhls reflash, canyon cages, corbin seat, and probably more. I will probably look at getting those DVDs to help with mods and maintenance.

Glad to be here, this board had a good reputation.

jirod

Re: New Owner in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 12:44:43 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Dave. Being 6-4, do you get any buffeting with the Cee-Baley screen?. I am 6-1 and if I raise the stock screen to get wind protection the turbulence gets bad, so I prefer riding with the  screen all the way down and take the wind.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 01:36:19 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Dave. With a first name like that, you can't be all bad.
Glad to be here, this board had a good reputation.
Your judgment may be a bit skewed, though. Although you did say 'had'.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 01:39:41 PM »
We're not supposed to have a good reputation.  Who said we had a good reputation?  If we did at some point, we had to have lost it somewhere.  I'll take a look and see if I can find it after my martinis tonight.  I'll let you know the progress, assuming I remember what I was doing.

By the way, welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2014, 03:33:08 PM »
Grats n welcome Big D.  :chugbeer:

Offline dave3223

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2014, 03:46:54 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Dave. Being 6-4, do you get any buffeting with the Cee-Baley screen?. I am 6-1 and if I raise the stock screen to get wind protection the turbulence gets bad, so I prefer riding with the  screen all the way down and take the wind.

I am not sure of the exact length of my screen, but I was much more comfortable with the screen all the way down. I tried it all the way up and the buffeting was pushing the top of my helmet forward. The PO provided the original, I might try it, maybe even trying the tint spray. I didn't see much in the way of tinted screens  on ebay.

And forgive me, the board DOES have a good rep, lol.

I'm sure some might find it silly to make this great touring bike more sporty, but I sold my b-king and bought the kawasaki to be a do-all kind of bike. I decided on it vs keeping the king and buying a cheaper fjr/concours because I think it can do everything I want it to, with a little modification of course :)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 06:42:26 PM »

And forgive me, the board DOES have a good rep, lol.

:doh: Forgiven.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 07:42:00 PM »
+1 :chugbeer:
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline warjarrett

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 11:05:23 AM »
Hello Dave, I would like to read more about your change from B-king to C14. Do you miss the 30-or-so more horsepower and top speed? Have you taken longer trips? Is there a big difference in comfort, for a more than 1 hour ride?

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2016, 02:37:33 PM »
Welcome to the forum!
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2016, 10:29:16 PM »
Welcome and enjoy
Might want to do a little reading about this flash as well. http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=20654.msg256039#msg256039

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2016, 02:22:14 AM »
Welcome mate!!  :) :)