Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 852337 times)

Offline texrider

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1260 on: May 20, 2015, 04:35:05 AM »
What did I do to my C14 today?  Quite a bit of "pruning".  Removed almost all of the farkles that I've added over the years, as tomorrow I say goodbye to it.

Kinda sad, it took weeks to install this stuff, but only about 2 hours to take everything off...

I'll be posting stuff for sale soon :-)

-UD

Making a move into different bike?
2014 Valkyrie

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1261 on: May 22, 2015, 01:14:31 PM »
I scored a V-Stream windshield for $151 delivered. With any luck, I should get it before my next trip.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

sailor_chic

« Reply #1262 on: May 22, 2015, 02:54:30 PM »
I scored a V-Stream windshield for $151 delivered. With any luck, I should get it before my next trip.

And next trip is to where?

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1263 on: May 22, 2015, 03:56:14 PM »
Not exactly sure.  Leaving next Friday morning, gonna slide out to Pasadena, hook up with the boys and head out somewhere. Any day on the road is better than working....
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1264 on: May 22, 2015, 04:37:14 PM »
 :thumbs:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1265 on: May 22, 2015, 08:33:01 PM »
What did I do to my C14 today?  Quite a bit of "pruning".  Removed almost all of the farkles that I've added over the years, as tomorrow I say goodbye to it.

Kinda sad, it took weeks to install this stuff, but only about 2 hours to take everything off...

I'll be posting stuff for sale soon :-)

-UD

:-\  well sry to hear that. What are you replacing it with, cruiser, dual purpose, crouch rocket, scooter( ;D ), corvette, viper??

sailor_chic

« Reply #1266 on: May 23, 2015, 06:00:54 AM »
Mine got a bath,  and polishing. Plugged into a battery tender while parked next to its Lil brother, Mr. Vmax. All tucked away for 3 weeks while I go back to work and fill the bank back up.
On the horizon is a trip around Lake Superior.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #1267 on: May 23, 2015, 06:03:38 PM »
Went north a little from here and through the Mindoro Cut. Great weather today. :banana :banana :banana
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline AZ-ZG

« Reply #1268 on: May 23, 2015, 06:33:18 PM »
Gave a female co-worker a ride home.  ;)

Have a closet full of swag I bought for my ex, so I was able to outfit her properly. ATGATT!   :P

Got a hug and "That was Fun!"   8)

I live. I ride. I am. ZG14 
IBA#53928

Offline JerBear

« Reply #1269 on: May 24, 2015, 04:59:50 PM »
Replaced the fuel filter. My hat goes off  :salute: to the people that had the courage to tear theirs apart and post it online for schmucks like me.  With their help it was a very easy job and I now know just about to the vapors what my tank holds after the low fuel light comes on!  :banana  At 27K the screen was really black and had pieces of debris everywhere.
2008 C14 Non-ABS

Offline Gigantor

• I often regretted my speech, but never my silence.
« Reply #1270 on: May 26, 2015, 06:08:58 AM »
We rode out to Renovo PA to see Mt Hyner. Roads 144, 196,120, and 44 are to die for.

I changed the oil when I got back home with 1400 miles on the clock. I am
still using dino oil, and will change to synthetic at 2500 miles.

2014 Concours 14 ABS Metallic Spark Black
 Xpel Custom Bra kit, SOCALMOTOGEAR HID system, Philip Luggage Rack, Projekt D Radiator Guard, Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger, Mini Euro Sport Shield, Kaw Tour Seat, HF80/2 Horn, RG Frame Sliders, PR4

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1271 on: May 26, 2015, 07:16:22 AM »
Dropped it off to get my second set of PR4GT's installed.  Just shy of 12 000km on them. Probably could of rode for another 4 or 5 hundred km but kept checking the back tire at ever stop for cords.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1272 on: May 26, 2015, 07:21:19 AM »
Got the rear part of the bike back together.  Bled the rear brakes.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1273 on: May 26, 2015, 11:48:57 AM »
Scored a virtually new fuel tank on eBay for $85 delivered! Woo hoo!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1274 on: May 26, 2015, 12:52:05 PM »
spare or problem with yours?

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1275 on: May 26, 2015, 01:12:17 PM »
Sort of a spare. I've been contemplating paint and I think I'll start amassing parts and pieces.

I also scored a top tripple clamp. The handlebar project will begin in ernest when that is on my bench. I have lots of ideas, one or two may even be good ones.  8)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1276 on: May 26, 2015, 01:44:37 PM »
Sort of a spare. I've been contemplating paint and I think I'll start amassing parts and pieces.

I also scored a top tripple clamp. The handlebar project will begin in ernest when that is on my bench. I have lots of ideas, one or two may even be good ones.  8)
:popcorn:

Offline tomp

« Reply #1277 on: May 26, 2015, 02:38:55 PM »
Rode yesterday, before the rain.  So much flooding here this AM, that the bike remained in the garage.  Need to get the dead bugs off the windshield....tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline gggGary

• Wisconsin heart of the great white north
« Reply #1278 on: May 26, 2015, 03:28:15 PM »
Not a dang blamed thing.  It's kinda deep in the shed even.
This week the XS's got the lions share.  Returned a long ignored garage queen to the road, about filled a 8.5 x 11 detailing the wake up drill.  But she runs great.  The shakedown cruise was 40 miles, and it purred. 

Then the nephew's ninja 500 got tires chain and sprockets. It got a carb go through 2 weeks ago.  The Roadstar got it's badly needed rear tire.  Next up a fresh final drive into the K1200LT.  Then it's into the K bike brakes to find the source of the fluid pouring out of the tupperware. I did ride the C14 one time last week!

08B 73.5K miles

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1279 on: May 26, 2015, 03:51:24 PM »
Washed the Concours on Sunday!  Then went out for a ride with a friend and a friend of a friend (foaf).  The foaf was riding some dual-sport thing (Honda) with a seat height a few inches ABOVE  my belly button and knobby tires.  He claims he lowered the bike!  I think it was a thumper (inline 2 cyl).  He was pulling wheelies half the time- I think it must be easy on a very tall, light, narrow wheelbase bike like that.

Anyway, it was a nice ride.  Tried out my new tinted face shield, too. 

Oh, and I flipped 15K miles on the trip.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc