Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 852335 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1320 on: June 16, 2015, 03:56:11 AM »
I agree there.  By early 70's was married and in retail mgt, so had to pay attention.  All things within limits by then.   Half way into my 7th decade (65) now, and to me, the 70's decade was the best for me.

I enjoyed the 70's as well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1321 on: June 16, 2015, 05:22:00 AM »
I enjoyed the 70's as well.

Yep- elementary school was fun...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #1322 on: June 16, 2015, 07:18:41 AM »
No riding for a while.  Tropical storm hitting, and 100% chance of storms.  Will be driving to work n back... A great day to all.
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1323 on: June 17, 2015, 07:16:47 AM »
No riding for a while.  Tropical storm hitting, and 100% chance of storms.  Will be driving to work n back... A great day to all.

Looks like you got slammed yesterday. Had some rain but mostly missed Austin.

Offline tomp

« Reply #1324 on: June 17, 2015, 09:52:04 AM »
Looks like you got slammed yesterday. Had some rain but mostly missed Austin.
The continual rain is upon us today.  What a waste of a day off.  NCIS reruns on USA, all day. 

Looks like the rain is well east of you, enjoy the dry day. 

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1325 on: June 17, 2015, 05:22:33 PM »
The continual rain is upon us today.  What a waste of a day off.  NCIS reruns on USA, all day. 

Looks like the rain is well east of you, enjoy the dry day.

Last night I was nailed by a freak storm that was not predicted and came suddenly.  It was 9pm and I was headed back home, dressed for the 94F weather at the earlier 7pm (T-shirt, mesh jacket, light gloves).  Hit freaking unexpected construction on 64 (although I suppose I should ALWAYS expect that) and was stopped, then crawling for miles.  Then the lightening started.  Then a downpour like no other.  Temp plummeted to 72F and I was soaked and shivering.  Look down at my right foot on the pavement and there is almost 2" of standing water that has nowhere to go.  Visibility is a joke.  Traffic still stop and go, crawl and stop, then starts moving.  I put up with this for almost 30 minutes.  Of course, my offramp exit was also closed, so I had to take a multi-mile detour.

I can say the PR4-GT's handle the rain very well.  I have ridden many a time in rain, but nothing like that.  Almost 24 hours later and my boots are still completely water-logged, even with a fan blowing into them the entire time.  I am afraid they will turn into a biology experiment.

Yeesh.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #1326 on: June 17, 2015, 07:03:59 PM »
Just one more of the many joys of motorcycle riding... Throw them in the dryer, and turn up the rock n roll really loud.... tp :D

Offline gggGary

• Wisconsin heart of the great white north
« Reply #1327 on: June 17, 2015, 07:15:42 PM »
That didn't sound the least bit enjoyable! 
08B 73.5K miles

sailor_chic

« Reply #1328 on: June 18, 2015, 06:54:15 PM »
I put a 1000 miles on mine today.  That storm slowed me down, so I'm in a hotel 100 South of indy. Like Max said, the PR4GT are really great in the rain.  Come to think of it, they compliment an awesome bike!!

Offline tomp

« Reply #1329 on: June 18, 2015, 07:13:16 PM »
I put a 1000 miles on mine today.  That storm slowed me down, so I'm in a hotel 100 South of indy. Like Max said, the PR4GT are really great in the rain.  Come to think of it, they compliment an awesome bike!!
Good to hear from you.   Have a safe time getting home.   How about a rider report.  If so, post the link here.  tomp

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1330 on: June 18, 2015, 08:16:47 PM »

Agreed!

My boots have finally dried out.  I then put them in a container with a powerful ozone generator for an hour to zap anything and then Lexol'ed them to death.  If I was doing any REAL riding like you are doing, I would have to get something more water friendly than traditional, heavy leather boots.  I would not want to be caught with this situation far from home.

sailor_chic

« Reply #1331 on: June 21, 2015, 07:28:58 AM »
Three days in the road now, and have 1700 more miles on the clock.
I stopped in Chicago (NW burbs)  to see my dad.  Much to my surprise, 7 others showed up that evening at my hotel. We enjoyed some fine stories and few cocktails.
Stayed in Cecil WI last night. I stopped by the cottage that my grandparents built on Legend Lake. The new owners let me in and we're gracious hosts. Controlling my emotions was not so easy.
Sun is out and time to ride....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1332 on: June 21, 2015, 07:43:42 AM »
The emotions get more intense as time progresses, at least that is what I have found.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1333 on: June 21, 2015, 08:33:53 AM »
Three days in the road now, and have 1700 more miles on the clock.
I stopped in Chicago (NW burbs)  to see my dad.  Much to my surprise, 7 others showed up that evening at my hotel. We enjoyed some fine stories and few cocktails.
Stayed in Cecil WI last night. I stopped by the cottage that my grandparents built on Legend Lake. The new owners let me in and we're gracious hosts. Controlling my emotions was not so easy.
Sun is out and time to ride....

You didn't het rained on yesterday (Saturday)? It rained buckets here! (~60 miles west of Chicago)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1334 on: June 21, 2015, 10:08:04 AM »
I've had to pump five inches of water out of the pool over the past five days.

sailor_chic

« Reply #1335 on: June 21, 2015, 12:53:56 PM »
You didn't het rained on yesterday (Saturday)? It rained buckets here! (~60 miles west of Chicago)

Nope, great riding yesterday. Light rain once I reached Shawano WI, but nothing worth talking about.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1336 on: June 21, 2015, 02:24:15 PM »
I think 714 was an interesting number to explore :cool:

we always laughed out loud as that was Joe Friday's badge number on Dragnet.....
coincidence?

http://youtu.be/cqsPNVFKVK0

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline tomp

« Reply #1337 on: June 21, 2015, 03:34:28 PM »
Nope, great riding yesterday. Light rain once I reached Shawano WI, but nothing worth talking about.
Hope the rest of the ride is safe and fun.  Looking forward to seeing the new states colored in on your map, soon.   tomp

Offline tomp

« Reply #1338 on: June 21, 2015, 04:25:47 PM »
Spent the day riding around Galveston and surrounding areas.  Dropped the bike for the first time.  Had my friend's 16 yoa son on the back.  Pulling out of a slanted parking lot, the engine died and when I put my foot down, there was no pavement there.  With the additional weight, no way I could keep it up.  I was able to right it by myself, which I couldn't believe, and there wasn't a scratch on it, which I couldn't believe, either.  After that, was more conscious of where I stopped, making sure that the road was flat, at least flatter than where it went down. 

Other than that one embarrassing event, it was a great ride, hot and humid, but a great ride, none the less. The C14 is a terrific motorcycle. . . tp

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1339 on: June 21, 2015, 05:14:43 PM »
Spent the day riding around Galveston and surrounding areas.  Dropped the bike for the first time.

:(  Sorry to hear that, but it has to happen eventually.  Welcome to the club.

and there wasn't a scratch on it, which I couldn't believe, either.

You are lucky!  Just don't look TOO closely, 'cause I bet you can find SOMETHING!  The one and only time I dropped the C14, I was stopped.  Even then, and with the canyons/cages,  there was still a little touch damage on one point of the very bottom of the matte black fairing (probably because my bike is lowered).  Not counting the two touch points on the cages, of course...