Author Topic: Ivans reflash for the Concours 14  (Read 24185 times)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
Re: Ivans reflash for the Concours 14
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2017, 01:49:28 PM »
  And how do you know he's even a guy....?   

As far as Marty goes, well let's just say that I have seen the way he 'hugs' some women in greeting and it IS rather unusual. So watch out for that guy [person].

Sorta puts a whole new spin on things, doesn't it?  :banana

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2017, 02:30:09 PM »
Yeah, I have noticed this too. Not sure why but it does seem like some of the older, well- known folks are fading away and the place is losing that familiarity that really helps prevent friction.

Oh well.....

Brian

I'm not going anywhere, even if I bought another bike.   Whoa there!  I did buy another bike with heated grips and seat (leather you know), cruise control, stereo blue tooth entertainment.   I could go on, but I won't.  Well maybe I will.   I don't have any other outlets to torture people so that's another reason I'm staying.  :P

BTW, Max is a guy and is quite nice.  I've met up with him a few times, though not on a bike.  :thumbs:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2017, 03:00:17 PM »
BTW, Max is a guy and is quite nice.  I've met up with him a few times, though not on a bike.  :thumbs:

They weren't talking about me, but about Marty.  But thanks :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline jerdurr

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2017, 03:13:24 PM »
Touché! Yeah, you got me.
 I had to look it up (HVMP) and then I thought I'd do a maxtog impression, and show you what I found in a little too smart ass of way. Apologies, and glad you took it well.

Yeah, I took it well buddy, I know we are all in here joint together by a wonderful passion which is motorcycling, and doing so on the best saddle available, the Connie! So yeah, I appreciate the apology still, but no offense taken! Here's to more knowledge sharing and I hope I can help you out in the near future with anything really!  :grouphug: :chugbeer:

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2017, 08:10:53 AM »
BTW, Max is a guy and is quite nice.

They weren't talking about me, but about Marty.  But thanks :)

The fact that he dragged you into it max', means he has repressed doubts. Welcome to the club.  :-*

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2017, 09:59:33 PM »
The fact that he dragged you into it max', means he has repressed doubts. Welcome to the club.  :-*

We are all starting to sound like a bunch of old dykes on bikes on a future Discovery channel program.. ::)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2017, 03:46:01 AM »
We are all starting to sound like a bunch of old dykes on bikes on a future Discovery channel program.. ::)
For the right money I'll let my armpit hair grow...

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2017, 07:44:47 AM »

Hee, hee,hee, and buy an old ratty panhead right away with a pink seat and bar streamers.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2017, 07:30:26 PM »
Sort of implies that you currently are shaving it??? 😮🤔
A bodybuilder....or?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2017, 03:42:34 AM »
A gentleman never tells.

Offline maverick9611

• "tryin not to get old"
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2021, 06:40:22 AM »
i'm a north georgia, north carolina, tennessee mountain rider with ivans reflash on a 08 connie. made a world of difference and no more heat on my legs. another plus, he rides a concours. you can tell when talking to him he really has a passion for this. his website shows all dyno results and is nicely done. i get 46 mpg. no emails allowed, he wants to talk to you by phone. nice

Offline sao5fogw

« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2021, 11:12:37 PM »
Hi,

I've got Ivan's ECU flash installed and adjusted idle speed to approx. 1200 rpm as he specified in the instruction that came back with the ECU. Now I've noticed that when I start the bike the idle speed starts at just over 1000 rpm. Then after a few seconds it jumps to well over 2000 rpm and stays there for about a couple of minutes or so. After that it finally drops to 1200 rpm. Is this normal or do I need to adjust something?

no emails allowed, he wants to talk to you by phone
I hate phones and usually do not do business with companies that ask me to call them. It's 2021 after all and there are a lot of great ways to communicate. I do not understand why people still use phone calls as if we are stuck in the 19th century. I've made an exception for Ivan because I saw a lot of praises for his ECU flash.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2021, 05:25:30 AM »
I've got Ivan's ECU flash installed and adjusted idle speed to approx. 1200 rpm as he specified in the instruction that came back with the ECU. Now I've noticed that when I start the bike the idle speed starts at just over 1000 rpm. Then after a few seconds it jumps to well over 2000 rpm and stays there for about a couple of minutes or so. After that it finally drops to 1200 rpm. Is this normal or do I need to adjust something?

I think mine does take a second before it goes into higher idle when cold, but not terribly long.  Idle adjustment is normally specified and performed while engine is warm.  You will probably want to supply the group lots more info in any case:

Year of bike, miles, did it do that before flash when cold, how long have you ridden it, what was ambient temp, when/what were last services, what type/age gas, is throttle action smooth, how many is a few seconds, what does it do when started again warm?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline PH14

« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2021, 11:53:20 AM »
Hi,

I hate phones and usually do not do business with companies that ask me to call them. It's 2021 after all and there are a lot of great ways to communicate. I do not understand why people still use phone calls as if we are stuck in the 19th century. I've made an exception for Ivan because I saw a lot of praises for his ECU flash.

The great thing about a phone call, is you would have already had the issue resolved had you called instead of emailed. Sometimes speaking directly is the better option. Its faster, though I too like email. The phone gives you the ability to ask instantaneous follow up questions, and troubleshoot quicker and more effectively.

Offline sao5fogw

« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2021, 03:34:07 PM »
I think mine does take a second before it goes into higher idle when cold, but not terribly long.  Idle adjustment is normally specified and performed while engine is warm.  You will probably want to supply the group lots more info in any case:

Year of bike, miles, did it do that before flash when cold, how long have you ridden it, what was ambient temp, when/what were last services, what type/age gas, is throttle action smooth, how many is a few seconds, what does it do when started again warm?
Thank you for your reply. Strange, but today I was not able to reproduce that behavior. Two things happened to my bike recently:
  • I've just had a first (kind of) long trip (about 100 miles);
  • I've refueled it for the first time since I took it from the dealership.
I do not know what gas they've put into the tank in the dealership, but I've used 91 octane Chevron with Techron. I think it's most likely the gas change that fixed the problem. Alternatively (but that's just my guess), maybe the ECU needed to collect some sensor data and after it collected enough from that trip it changed the start up behavior.

Anyway, if that happens again I'll make another post with answers to all your questions about the bike and maybe even I could include a link to a video.

Offline sao5fogw

« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2021, 03:43:34 PM »
The great thing about a phone call, is you would have already had the issue resolved had you called instead of emailed. Sometimes speaking directly is the better option. Its faster, though I too like email. The phone gives you the ability to ask instantaneous follow up questions, and troubleshoot quicker and more effectively.
The same is also true for (in alphabetical order):
  • Cisco WebEx
  • Microsoft Teams
  • Skype (also Microsoft)
  • Zoom
and those are just the ones I've used a lot. There are many others that I did not use that much or do not even know about. The great thing about all those tools is that you can see the person you are talking to. I hate it when I can hear someone's voice but I can't see the person. Did I mention that we live in the 21st century, not in the 19th? :)

Offline PH14

« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2021, 07:31:28 PM »
The same is also true for (in alphabetical order):
  • Cisco WebEx
  • Microsoft Teams
  • Skype (also Microsoft)
  • Zoom
and those are just the ones I've used a lot. There are many others that I did not use that much or do not even know about. The great thing about all those tools is that you can see the person you are talking to. I hate it when I can hear someone's voice but I can't see the person. Did I mention that we live in the 21st century, not in the 19th? :)

It isn't as easy at times in a shop to use those things, but you can have a headset on hooked to bluetooth. Technology for the sake of technology is pointless. All you need in this case is audio, not video. I love technology and was building computers 30 years ago, and began working with computers on a TRS-80. Get over yourself, people are trying to help.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2021, 04:46:42 AM »
Hi,

I don't think that's normal.  On my 08, it would start a bit high and when warmed up the idle would go to about 1200.  I don't think it went as high as 2000 though.  I had Steve's flash on it and it didn't affect the idle at all from what I recall.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline blue72beetle

« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2021, 06:49:39 PM »
Mine does the same thing. I just figured it's a high warm up idle to get it up to operating temp quicker. Doesn't bother me.

Offline sao5fogw

« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2021, 05:32:13 PM »
Mine does the same thing. I just figured it's a high warm up idle to get it up to operating temp quicker. Doesn't bother me.
Thank you for your reply. I was actually able to reproduce that only twice since my last post. The thing that I've noticed was in common is that both those times the outside temperature was in mid-50-ies. So I suspect that is not an issue but the bike was intentionally programmed to do that in low temperatures.

It's my first Connie, so if it is not mentioned somewhere in the MOM I have no way to know if it's a bug or a feature.