Author Topic: ZG1000 intake camshaft  (Read 2474 times)

Offline John Mc

ZG1000 intake camshaft
« on: November 23, 2017, 08:11:36 AM »
Hi all,
I am preparing my bike for sale and think I need to replace the intake camshaft due to pitting on one lobe.  If I were keeping the bike, I would not bother.  However, I want to make sure the bike is as good as it can be for whomever buys it.  Does anyone have a good intake camshaft for sale?  Thanks
John Mc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: ZG1000 intake camshaft
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 06:11:30 PM »
Hi all,
I am preparing my bike for sale and think I need to replace the intake camshaft due to pitting on one lobe.  If I were keeping the bike, I would not bother.  However, I want to make sure the bike is as good as it can be for whomever buys it.  Does anyone have a good intake camshaft for sale?  Thanks
John Mc

what year, and what mileage on bike?
show us a picture of the pitting, if it's only on one lobe, and minimal, which I'm going to assume as you only mention one lobe, it's a safe assumption it is nothing to freak out about... and it will endure 100,000 miles without any failure..
it's a common problem, and only when they all have SEVERE (i.e. across the complete face), does it become a replacement problem.
There are literally thousands of Concours running around, with no issue, with the pitting.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline John Mc

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 07:29:18 AM »
I'll send picture later today.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 08:43:12 AM »
If you're still looking, I have intake and exhaust from an '87 in great shape.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline John Mc

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 09:16:10 AM »
Thank you, but I have one now.