Author Topic: Got the Steve flash  (Read 3207 times)

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
Got the Steve flash
« on: March 14, 2018, 05:55:37 PM »
I rode down to Steve's place last week and got flashed. It was a great experience. Steve is a cool guy. He also programmed two passive fobs for me.  The used C14 I bought last year came with only one fob, I ordered two from Partzilla for about $50. I don't have much faith in my local dealer so I was very happy to kill two birds with one stone. And very happily surprised that Steve did not even charge for the programming.

I am very happy with the flash. Driveability is definetely improved, smooth takeoffs and shifts are easier, mid corner transitions are smoother. The flash is going to pay for itself with improved MPG. The dash MPG readouts were hard to believe on the zoom back to Ocala on I-75 and I was a little dubious. However two full tank calcualtions verify at least 5 mpg increase. From 35 to 40 for city and 40 to 45 highway. I can now pass cars going 65 mph in 6th where I used to downbshift to 5th. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 07:04:29 AM by lather »
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline bowtie39

Re: Got the flash
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 07:35:31 PM »
Hope you mention which flash...... ;)
'16 Moondust Gray....gone  2001....the keeper

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Got the flash
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 03:51:44 AM »
Yep, my mileage increased as well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
Re: Got the Steve flash
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 07:06:23 AM »
Hope you mention which flash...... ;)
I mentioned Steve twice in my message but now I have added his name to the subject line

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 07:08:05 AM »
I mentioned Steve twice in my message but now I have added his name to the subject line

Steve has or had several named versions of the flash, too...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 09:03:45 AM »
Steve has or had several named versions of the flash, too...

Posting for clarification - Lather has the Mountain Runner Flash. And after spending some time with him, he's not just a casual rider / c-14 owner. this is his 3rd c-14, and he had logged somewhere north of 135,000 miles on his previous bike, if I recall. Steve

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 10:06:36 AM »
Posting for clarification - Lather has the Mountain Runner Flash. And after spending some time with him, he's not just a casual rider / c-14 owner. this is his 3rd c-14, and he had logged somewhere north of 135,000 miles on his previous bike, if I recall. Steve
190,000+ on all three combined. 8)

Offline bowtie39

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 01:40:18 PM »
Thank you for the clarification.  I'm old and need all the clarification I can get ;)
'16 Moondust Gray....gone  2001....the keeper

Offline eng943

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 04:50:08 AM »
Looking forward to getting this done, but it will need to wait. This winter has been seat, windshield, risers, foot pegs lowered, backrest for wife, and MC Cruise. All of these were a must to get the bike to a distance worthy state for me.

Flash, GPS, then new tires, and then she'll be good! 
2017 C14 - AST Risers / Peg Lowering kit / mccruise /Garmin 595/Shoodaben MR / Area P / Kawi Touring Seat.
Second Bike 2017 BMW R12R

Offline WallySpeed

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 02:38:25 PM »
FWIW, I did the Area P full reflash June 2017 to a 2015 C-14...  SHAZAM!

Very happy with both Steve’s reflash and the Area P exhaust.  Bike is a dream to drive, just wish I lived in milder climes to take advantage year-round.   ;)
2015 C-14: Area P full exhaust, Shoodaben flash, PDM60
2016 KLR650

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 11:17:01 PM »
I was glad I waited for SISF to keep evolving his ECU flashes because I'm one of the guys who heads for the hills every chance I get. The Mountain Runner flash has made an improvement on low end torque and I am able to do 4th gear now (instead of 3rd) running up the mountains and twisties. The engine braking is maintained, 8). Also noticed an improvement for shooting around traffic when lane splitting in Ca. traffic jams. MPG went from 42.5 to 49.3 on the way home. ;D. I am re-naming my 2009 C-14 'Black Betty' because now she's always ready, and really fiesty for an old lady with 85,600 trouble free miles.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 09:36:44 AM »
I gave my Mountain Runner flash a spirited ride this weekend in the Arkansas Mountains/etc .
    {we were at Cliff's "Horseshoe Mountain Rendezvous"}..
Normally I do a more casual ride. This was the first time I hammered it in the twisties.

All I can say is,,, "wow",,, I'm still grinning!!!   :thumbs: :thumbs:

Ride safe, Ted

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 03:23:21 PM »
Reflashing the C14 nets a huge improvement in several critical ways.  It is the best money anyone can spend on the bike.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2018, 06:20:31 PM »
Reflashing the C14 nets a huge improvement in several critical ways.  It is the best money anyone can spend on the bike.
This means you, Mikey!   ;)
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.