Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 455812 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1880 on: January 19, 2019, 05:07:48 PM »
I've been trying, and truthfully any improvement is good..
I just had to laugh thinking about Braveheart...

Not safe for work...don't click the link, if an "R" rated word is an issue to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49V1zgQTEO4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRaDhX9PbvQ

the older I get, the more I try to be patient and understanding....

someday, peace and love will be a normality on earth, I don't think humans and any quadrapeds will be alive then, but the common roach may prevail. At least that is a hope.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1881 on: January 19, 2019, 05:47:00 PM »
Cockroaches need love too.

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #1882 on: January 23, 2019, 07:37:20 AM »
People driving around without their headlights on at dusk and even after total dark.  It seems to be an epidemic around here lately.  I've read it's partly because instrument panels are lit all the time now, so there is no easy indicator that you are driving in the dark.  Use the automatic lights on feature people!

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1883 on: January 23, 2019, 08:57:02 AM »
OMG it has gotten really bad
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1884 on: January 23, 2019, 03:33:17 PM »
People driving around without their headlights on at dusk and even after total dark.  It seems to be an epidemic around here lately.  I've read it's partly because instrument panels are lit all the time now, so there is no easy indicator that you are driving in the dark.  Use the automatic lights on feature people!

That is exactly why it happens.   My car does it too... but I use "auto" so it is never a problem.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1885 on: January 23, 2019, 03:37:47 PM »
That's ok as it's a tip off to be pulled over for dui..  Same morons driving grey vehicles in pouring rain with no lights on.  They don't have a fn clue.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1886 on: January 23, 2019, 04:15:37 PM »
Same morons driving grey vehicles in pouring rain with no lights on.  They don't have a fn clue.

That is actually one BAD side effect of automatic lights.  They work on brightness only, not rain.  So while it might be raining, if it is not dark enough for lights, they don't come on when it is raining and visibility might be poor.  When people start using the fancy "auto" mode, many of those people stop worrying about/thinking about the lights completely.  It is another good illustration of the "law of unintended consequences."
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #1887 on: January 23, 2019, 06:28:18 PM »
My Accord's auto lights are pretty good. They come on with a full overcast so I've not been playing too close attention to them, especially at dusk. It's a pretty trustworthy system.

About a month ago I took it to the dealer for regular service (paid for by Honda). Later that evening I'm driving to a friend's and get to an area with few street lights. It's almost dark & I realized my lights aren't on.  ??? :o The dealer turned them off during the service & I didn't notice. Lesson learned. Be careful out there.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1888 on: January 24, 2019, 03:44:52 AM »
That is actually one BAD side effect of automatic lights.  They work on brightness only, not rain.  So while it might be raining, if it is not dark enough for lights, they don't come on when it is raining and visibility might be poor.  When people start using the fancy "auto" mode, many of those people stop worrying about/thinking about the lights completely.  It is another good illustration of the "law of unintended consequences."

More like drivers being too stupid to pay attention to what's going on around them. So stupid that they don't even notice that everyone else around them has their lights on.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #1889 on: January 24, 2019, 06:37:03 AM »
More like drivers being too stupid to pay attention to what's going on around them. So stupid that they don't even notice that everyone else around them has their lights on.

Exactly. And they have come so dependent on the vehicle taking care of everything that they don't think about anything.
I used to be able to flash my lights at some idiot driving in the rain/etc w/o lights on and most would take some action and turn on the lights. Now mostly, no one pays any attention and just keep on driving in their clueless state of "bliss".
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1890 on: January 24, 2019, 04:00:27 PM »
Exactly. And they have come so dependent on the vehicle taking care of everything that they don't think about anything.

And next up.... the "proximity" lights on the mirrors.  People will rely on those and not manually check their blind spots.  When those fail or fail to work as expected, people will be even more likely to just drive right into another car in the adjacent lane.

Again, the law of unintended consequences.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1891 on: January 25, 2019, 07:11:42 AM »
And next up.... the "proximity" lights on the mirrors.  People will rely on those and not manually check their blind spots.  When those fail or fail to work as expected, people will be even more likely to just drive right into another car in the adjacent lane.

Again, the law of unintended consequences.

You're assuming that these folks even bother checking their mirrors...

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1892 on: January 25, 2019, 04:45:21 PM »
really annoying.....

Lightbulbs.

simple light bulbs....
Incandescent... great///

Energy miser flouro-ballest style.... P>O>S

I just bought a 10 pack of "rough duty" 5000 hour 100W incandescent bulbs, for $3.50 at Dollar General to replace all the "energy efficient" ones my wife bought a year ago, which had a "life rating" of 1100 hrs.,  because 3 of those, crapped out, within one week...and I installed them just a year ago.... like they had a built in timer....
my wife insisted "you cant buy old style bulbs anymore, they don't make them..." .... Haaaa... well, I just broke that cycle, as $3 a piece for those tree hugger bulbs ain't happening again....

let there be light.....

back in time, around 1980... I was an engineer for GE, and developed the "first" in home use Halogen Arc Lightbulbs... I designed the mechanical "package" of the base, which contained the circuit board, the lamp shape, and multiple aspects of the assembly..
It was to be marketed under the name
"Halarc 150", but ended up being packaged as "First Light" in the promo boxes...
I still have one, in the box, from the initial design... it's a cool thing.
It never reached the market until years later,and under a new name, because selling a lightbulb for $6 was insane,(they realized rapidly that it had to sell for $15 a pop...) when we had just gone thru a complete incandescent manufacturing upgrade, which produced 3000 lamps, an HOUR...( those bulbs actually cost $0.12 each, to produce)

this is a proto lamp, I have one of these also...

https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=1144&pos=2&pid=32378

this is interesting, I'd like to meet and speak with this fellow, as some of his description is erroneous, I can dispute, as I actually had hands on of this products development....
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/inventor-prototype-ge-electronic-1843328514

now, thinking back, I am a bit amazed at what I actually did to make this lamp "happen"; as a major part of my efforts, besides the "physical" design of the components, was the design of the machinery to accurately and precisely control all of the bending and forming of the internal structure of the lamp itself...
all of those support "wire" parts, to hold the arc tube, the shroud, the "getter" (the little tab up top that absorbs moisture) the cathode, and anode, and the filament that provided light during the ballast warmup, required some pretty complex automated bending of wires on the fragile glass "stem" assembly, before the good parts were added, and inserted into "the bulb" where it was sealed...

all in all, it is cool to have these, and have documentation and stuff from the time I spent on it...
the biggest issue it had, was that it had to be used vertically, in a lamp, and due to the ballast circuits in the base, if it was used in a horizontal manner, the internal fuse would overheat, and pop. I have extra fuses also... hahahah.. but its a pain to cut apart the base, to remove the board and re solder them in...
the only ones that actually made it to market were packaged like this

and I doubt many were actually sold.
The ones I have ought to be worth some $$$$ now, especially in the first box,
which I am very sure NOBODY has, as it was never issued for sale, in the "First Light" or "Halarc 150" boxes... The boxes, plastic innerds, and instruction sheets lived in my office, and there were only 500 of each...  8)

« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 05:49:26 PM by MAN OF BLUES »

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #1893 on: February 05, 2019, 03:21:32 PM »

… people who carry on too much luggage on an airplane.   

They take way more than their share of storage space that has to be shared with everyone else on the flight. 

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1894 on: February 05, 2019, 04:59:28 PM »
… people who carry on too much luggage on an airplane.    They take way more than their share of storage space that has to be shared with everyone else on the flight.

In fairness- the main problem is that the rules are ambiguous/misleading.  Some people, like me, want to check no luggage (and deal with the mistreatment of the bag, loss, recovery time, etc) and are perfectly fine with a regulation carry-on bag and [regulation sized] personal item bag.  The problem is that many of the planes were not designed such that everyone can carry that approved combination.  So it is somewhat of a surprise when you are faced with "you will have to check that here, since there is no space left".  At least when that happens, you KNOW it will get on the correct plane, and they return it to you immediately on exit (well, at least that has been my experience).

At least the luggage problem is easily dealt with.  Unlike:

1) The obese person seated next to you, invading your space.
2) The smelly person near you, invading your nose with perfume or BO.
3) The kid behind you kicking your seat.
4) The loud person near you (although earplugs are a must for me, and work well).
5) The never-ending delays.
6) The ridiculous "security theater" (in all its glorious manifestations)

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #1895 on: February 27, 2019, 07:22:33 AM »
Brexit, Trump, Idiots, drivers who are too  :censored: lazy to use their turn signals, drivers who drive too close to the car in front and then brake constantly, and sooooooooo many more things!!  :banghead: :loco: :doh: :yikes:
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1896 on: February 28, 2019, 05:10:23 AM »
Idiot pedestrians.  Nearly took one out the other day in Fredericksburg.  I was making a right on a Yield.  If I had been a second or two slower, I would have slammed into him.  The right sidewalk is blind as there is a brick wall there (ironically hiding a cemetery).  He was running full tilt without even thinking of stopping and looking.  I had slowed but not enough to not hit him if the timing had been right.  He was also wearing ear buds.  You know, I look for pedestrians as Fredericksburg is a pedestrian friendly town but they have to take some responsibility in making themselves visible to drivers.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1897 on: February 28, 2019, 05:43:17 AM »
Idiot pedestrians.  Nearly took one out the other day in Fredericksburg.

It is more often idiot pedestrians walking into traffic while looking down at their damn phones.  Probably the same people who then get into a car and do the same thing.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1898 on: February 28, 2019, 07:04:45 AM »
Brexit, Trump Idiots, drivers who are too  :censored: lazy to use their turn signals, drivers who drive too close to the car in front and then brake constantly, and sooooooooo many more things!!  :banghead: :loco: :doh: :yikes:

:-X

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1899 on: February 28, 2019, 01:55:25 PM »
Locking threads.. >:(