Author Topic: Idle adjuster?  (Read 698 times)

Offline Zachariah311

Idle adjuster?
« on: April 08, 2021, 06:40:08 PM »
Trying to raise the idle speed on my bike and can't seem to find it. Finally found a decent description digging through threads and I'm starting to think mine is missing. Clipped to the drain line is what looks like another drain but I'm guessing it's suppose to have a knob on the end or am I just missing it???

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Idle adjuster?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 07:25:42 PM »
I had the same problem.  Mine was buried under the plastics at some point.  It is easy for it to accidentally get behind one of the panels when doing service.  I had to go in and fish it out.  But it is there.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Zachariah311

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 07:32:07 PM »
So there's supposed to be two drains and the adjuster is probably behind the panel then?

Thank you very much for the reply. This has been driving me nuts all afternoon as I haven't had time to pull the panel.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 09:38:16 PM »
So there's supposed to be two drains and the adjuster is probably behind the panel then?

Yes, they are low on the left side, in front of the shifter, by default.  But it could be in other places, if it were routed that way.  I think I was able to retrieve mine by looking under, without pulling a panel, and route it through the rubber opening where I suppose it was supposed to live.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Zachariah311

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 06:25:41 PM »
Thank you again for the reply. Don't have the air filter yet so I didn't want to pull the left fairing just yet but since you were able to fish yours out I figured I'd try again. After poking around and finding the softest spot in the rubber I was able to fish out a random fairly rigid hose that ended up having a silver knob on it. Now just to wait until I can get her warmed up when it's not raining.

Offline Zachariah311

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 06:37:15 PM »
Incase anyone else runs across this looking for where the adjustment knob should be, I've attached pictures.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 09:57:40 PM »
Thank you again for the reply. Don't have the air filter yet so I didn't want to pull the left fairing just yet but since you were able to fish yours out I figured I'd try again. After poking around and finding the softest spot in the rubber I was able to fish out a random fairly rigid hose that ended up having a silver knob on it.

Yay!  That was almost exactly my experience.