Author Topic: Can anyone use my old keyfob spare keys?  (Read 630 times)

Offline tjhess74

Can anyone use my old keyfob spare keys?
« on: July 13, 2020, 11:59:17 AM »
I don't know if Kawi duplicated some of the key cut codes throughout our bikes lifespan, but if they have, and you have the matching code, I will send you the key for free. To prevent confusion, I'm referring to the plastic head key that slides into the keyfob, not the actual fob itself (I'm not that generous! ;D )

My ignition has been changed twice and one of the saddlebag latches was replaced years go, so I had no less than 4 key combinations to access my bike (one for each saddlebag, one for the helmet lock/gascap, and the stove top key).  Today, I changed all of that. I took every key cylinder, including the saddlebag cylinders (which required a complete tear down of the latch assembly and drilling rivets), and I am happy to say that one key will do everything I need. It was not a fun job, but I'm glad I did it.

I have two different fob spare keys, one is A132443 and the other is A124322. If you have a match, let me know.  If Kawi gave each bike unique key codes, then please let me know that too and I will toss the keys.  Thank you and good luck!

EDIT: My bike is an '08. The key part number changed in '10, but I don't know what actually changed. I will defer that knowledge to the C14 masters in this group.
'08 C14 Steve's Flash Rocks!!!

The 'other' forum evicted me!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Can anyone use my old keyfob spare keys?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 03:26:48 PM »
Just to clarify, he is referring to the active fob spare key and not the passive fob spare key, since those are different (the passive fob key is all metal).

Mine start with a "B", oh well :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc