Author Topic: OH, The Horror  (Read 645 times)

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
OH, The Horror
« on: July 17, 2020, 05:49:10 PM »
Long time no post I know.  That's because no news is good news, and this is mostly not good.

I managed to lose focus and gravity did me a favor in early April.  Yep, I dropped the old girl on her left side.   And, no, I do not have cages.  Broke some stuff.

Flash forward to Now and I am still waiting for material to complete the repair.  This is a common complaint nowadays I know.

The latest status for the very last piece of plastic that I need to make it street legal just got updated! Yay! The status changed from a projected delivery date of 23 July to "Backordered".  Nooooooooooo!!!!!! This is for the LS Middle fairing piece with the turn signal.

There is some good news.  Since my commuter was OOC I had to get another, and I found something.  My local dealer had a 2012 BMW GTL 1600 Premium with 31K miles.  I had to get it because, well...  Reasons.  It's fun and awesome, yes.  But it does not compare to what the Connie can do and has become my commuter out of necessity.

I guess I have something that can be called Cadillac Problem.  Right?

Now, how does that mask fit under the helmet again?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 08:34:34 PM by Tree »

Offline Freddy

Re: OH, The Horror
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 06:40:01 PM »
 :yikes:  Keep watch for that next bolt of lightning - it might be directed at you.   :rotflmao:    :chugbeer:
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline Tree

• 21 Year Submarine Veteran - GO NAVY!
Re: OH, The Horror
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 08:29:14 PM »
:yikes:  Keep watch for that next bolt of lightning - it might be directed at you.   :rotflmao:    :chugbeer:

I think my Aluminum hat would deflect the strike.  At least buy me some time.  Like a picosecond or two.