Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 478962 times)

Offline Conniesaki

Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1640 on: October 10, 2017, 09:04:41 PM »
A somewhat related annoyance to the above.

Coming up to a 4 way stop and there's a car stopped at the cross intersection. Instead of stopping and then proceeding the car at the cross intersection waits for you to stop (even though he/she is clear to go) before proceeding. As a result you must stop and wait for him/her instead of a token 'stop', also known as a rolling stop.

I believe the 'rolling stop' is illegal. And I for one would never, ever, ever break the law.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1641 on: October 11, 2017, 04:54:47 AM »
I believe the 'rolling stop' is illegal. And I for one would never, ever, ever break the law.

In the event of a rolling stop, I always stop twice at the next stop sign to even it out.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 03:08:44 PM by Conrad »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1642 on: October 11, 2017, 07:05:44 AM »
 :thumbs:   Good luck with that explanation in court... :rotflmao:

Washing the bike (the Indian, not the C14), and letting the hose (easy boys) drop to the pavement......................it always falls on the handle and sprays me with water.  This makes me crazy and annoyed (2fr - washing a bike and getting wet in the process).
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1643 on: October 11, 2017, 07:20:08 AM »
Wouldn't wash the Kaw but washes the Injun.....hmmm....not sure what to think about that.

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #1644 on: October 11, 2017, 07:55:56 AM »
Have you ever come up to a traffic light and the car in front of you is more than one car length behind the one in front of it?  And then it gradually the gap a few feet at a time until the light changes?

When on the bike, I've been known to help myself to that space.  Hopefully it makes them crazy and annoyed.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1645 on: October 11, 2017, 09:27:41 AM »
Wouldn't wash the Kaw but washes the Injun.....hmmm....not sure what to think about that.

Quite a turn around, isn't it?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1646 on: October 11, 2017, 02:51:06 PM »
Quite a turn around, isn't it?

Yeah, but not quite in the right direction --> 🙃

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1647 on: October 11, 2017, 03:12:20 PM »

Washing the bike (the Indian, not the C14), and letting the hose (easy boys) drop to the pavement......................it always falls on the handle and sprays me with water.  This makes me crazy and annoyed (2fr - washing a bike and getting wet in the process).

This is one of the unwritten rules of the universe and the chances of this happening increase exponentially if you're wearing glasses, especially if you just cleaned them.   

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1648 on: October 11, 2017, 04:05:24 PM »
This is one of the unwritten rules of the universe and the chances of this happening increase exponentially if you're wearing glasses, especially if you just cleaned them.   

One of Murphy's many corollaries.

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #1649 on: October 28, 2017, 11:24:01 AM »
Working on a Saturday, when I've got so much @#$# to do at home.

Fourteen hours - got here at a little after 0500 and won't escape until 1930 or so. I may duck out for a meal, but dayum.....
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1650 on: October 31, 2017, 06:12:20 AM »
Election ads on TV, mail, and telephone.  I stop watching non-recorded tv as I can't stand the ads.   Turns me off on the whole process, it does.  Telephone is going berserk but I have it set for one ring and then it goes to vm.   No one leaves messages so it must be crap or robots calling.  I used to like robots, but not so much anymore.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1651 on: October 31, 2017, 11:18:50 AM »
We should get together Jim 'cause I am having the opposite problem: after a big storm Sunday, no power at my house, and no power to COX cable so no cable TV, no telephone (landline) and no internet.

Brian

Election ads on TV, mail, and telephone.  I stop watching non-recorded tv as I can't stand the ads.   Turns me off on the whole process, it does.  Telephone is going berserk but I have it set for one ring and then it goes to vm.   No one leaves messages so it must be crap or robots calling.  I used to like robots, but not so much anymore.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1652 on: November 01, 2017, 07:19:02 AM »
Hope you get power back soon, Brian.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #1653 on: November 01, 2017, 09:08:11 AM »

Surely* this is not a public comment on erectile dysfunction.

* Shirley?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1654 on: November 01, 2017, 09:31:26 AM »
And don't call me Shirley!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1655 on: November 01, 2017, 10:32:52 AM »
And don't call me Shirley!

Didn't we reference that in another thread recently?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1656 on: November 01, 2017, 10:54:05 AM »
That's possible but it can't be reiterated enough.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1657 on: November 01, 2017, 01:09:08 PM »
Thanks Jim. Got power back yesterday, apparently at 4:00 PM and COX is again sending debris down the proverbial 'wire', which also apparently re-started also at around 4:00 PM. I think their local hub is powered by the same transfer station that powers my area and so we were all down at the same time (Easy Boys!).

No bid deal though- I have a generator that is large enough to allow us to live more or less normally (such as we ever approach 'normal' anyway    ;D ). 5000 watts, enough to run the house, both poles (230 Volts), the coffee maker, one burner on the electric stove, the microwave, etc. but only one of those high powered items at a time, along with the normal 'house stuff': refrigerator, boiler as well as lights as desired (we can walk around turning lights on and off normally) as well as the TV, computers, etc. The only thing that gets shaky is the electric clothes dryer; the generator runs it seemingly OK but when it is on, all the tungsten lights in the house drop to 1/2 output and are orange- not good. So no clothes drying during a blackout.

The generator normally sits for long periods of time (multiple years) without any attention until needed. I know I should not do that but I do so there we are. Anyway, it lit right up after a few pulls but then puked gasoline all over the place.... not good. Found the float stuck in the carburetor, fixed that and all was well except it would not run without about 1/4 choke. Turn the choke off and it would immediately die. So now it will get the maintenance it should have gotten over the last several years.  :-[ :-\

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1658 on: November 02, 2017, 03:54:42 AM »
Glad you got powered back up Brian!

You had better start giving that genset a lil TLC from now on. I run mine for an hour or so once a month with a mild load, just to keep it ready...

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #1659 on: November 04, 2017, 12:59:54 PM »
Having to work weekends, determined at the last f'n minute.

:banghead: :battle:
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90