Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 430886 times)

Offline connie_rider

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #2895 on: November 13, 2017, 07:35:13 am »
I recently installed a C-14 shock and Norm Soucy Lowering rocker on my C-10.
Yesterday, I removed the Progressive springs, reinstalled the original fork spring's, and set spring sag on both ends of the bike.

Ride safe, Ted

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 11:40:15 am by connie_rider »

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2896 on: November 13, 2017, 10:38:18 am »
Commuted 20+ miles to work. Somewhat brisk at 43 F., but doable.  :D

The grip warmers worked very well.
2012 Connie Arabian Candy Red.

Offline maxtog

• 2011 Silver
« Reply #2897 on: November 13, 2017, 03:57:44 pm »
Commuted 20+ miles to work. Somewhat brisk at 43 F., but doable.  :D

I have to use large windscreen with topper, chaps, jacket liner, and heated vest for those temps.  Low 40's is about as low as I can go and get any kind of comfort with the gear I have.  30's sucks :)  My legs start to freeze.

The grip warmers worked very well.

Indeed they do
Guhl ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, HID, helmet locks, Garmin Zumo 450, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,  Tourmaster Flex II

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2898 on: November 14, 2017, 03:50:02 am »
I already had my bike 'put up' for the winter when I decided to remove the battery so that I could bring it inside the house.

I'm really glad that I did because that was a HUGE mouse nest behind the battery. The lil bugger had a very good supply of what looked like bird seed and a nice nest made from my garage insulation. No longer. Instead it will find a block of poison where it's nest used to be. Bon Appétit!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 07:56:17 am by Conrad »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• 2011 Silver
« Reply #2899 on: November 14, 2017, 05:52:21 am »
Poor mousey :(
Guhl ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, HID, helmet locks, Garmin Zumo 450, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,  Tourmaster Flex II

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2900 on: November 14, 2017, 07:58:12 am »
I know Max. I really hate using poison, as opposed to traps, but I can't have mice chewing up my vehicles.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2901 on: November 14, 2017, 09:08:38 am »
Poor mousey :(

Maybe mousey going to mouse heaven. The big cheese in the sky. But the truth is I don't care. If I had a mouse problem anywhere in the vicinity of my bikes, I would eliminate them in the most efficient manner possible!

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2902 on: November 14, 2017, 10:56:31 am »
I have to use large windscreen with topper, chaps, jacket liner, and heated vest for those temps.  Low 40's is about as low as I can go and get any kind of comfort with the gear I have.  30's sucks :)  My legs start to freeze.

Indeed they do

Rode again this morning. Temps a couple degrees cooler, but still OK.

I remember riding to work in SLC on my Honda 919 (no windscreen or fairing) at about 35 F and that was, as they say, "somewhat brisk."
2012 Connie Arabian Candy Red.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • Wilco.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #2903 on: November 14, 2017, 04:16:05 pm »
I already had my bike 'put up' for the winter when I decided to remove the battery so that I could bring it inside the house.

I'm really glad that I did because that was a HUGE mouse nest behind the battery. The lil bugger had a very good supply of what looked like bird seed and a nice nest made from my garage insulation. No longer. Instead it will find a block of poison where it's nest used to be. Bon Appétit!

WELL... go a little further and do some more examining...
I've never had a nest in the battery cave, but I have had them 3 different times, up on top of the engine, around the throttle position indicator... they love that spot, probably because it is soo much work to get to... and when they chew up the harness to the TPS, its a royal p.i.t.a. to re tape and insulate that wire bundle... buried deep inside, and attached to the sensor, which requires major work to remove it...
also, look under the seat, in the back, behind the relay box.... in that cave back there... they love that spot also... and chew the bejesus out of that harness when they nest there... I had to repair 15 wires in those harness...

Luckily in every event, I had taken the time to pre-examine those areas, prior to spring "startup", after finding the first nest during a winter service years ago... having not done the nest removal could have resulted in a catastrophic fire and meltdown, on a "first ride" scenario, with the nesting material blowing around and landing down inside the fairing on the header area...

all the "mouse prevention lore" is just useless... peppermint oil, mothballs, dryer sheets, etc... are worthless.. simply don't work... I hate Meeces to Pieces....
I poison them with bait traps, and trap them in "drowning buckets"..

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline maxtog

• 2011 Silver
« Reply #2904 on: November 14, 2017, 04:31:22 pm »
>"I hate Meeces to Pieces...."

LOL!  :rotflmao:

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • Wilco.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #2905 on: November 14, 2017, 05:02:36 pm »
>"I hate Meeces to Pieces...."

LOL!  :rotflmao:

yeah, I'm old.... I KNOW who Jinks the Cat really is... and it ain't meet the Fockers... 8)

http://youtu.be/pqSw5KQme1g

ahh yes...

30 YEARS OF KAW.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2906 on: November 14, 2017, 08:35:16 pm »
yeah, I'm old.... I KNOW who Jinks the Cat really is... and it ain't meet the Fockers... 8)

ahh yes...

I feel your oldness...
  "LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology.  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2907 on: November 15, 2017, 04:06:27 am »
WELL... go a little further and do some more examining...
I've never had a nest in the battery cave, but I have had them 3 different times, up on top of the engine, around the throttle position indicator... they love that spot, probably because it is soo much work to get to... and when they chew up the harness to the TPS, its a royal p.i.t.a. to re tape and insulate that wire bundle... buried deep inside, and attached to the sensor, which requires major work to remove it...
also, look under the seat, in the back, behind the relay box.... in that cave back there... they love that spot also... and chew the bejesus out of that harness when they nest there... I had to repair 15 wires in those harness...

Luckily in every event, I had taken the time to pre-examine those areas, prior to spring "startup", after finding the first nest during a winter service years ago... having not done the nest removal could have resulted in a catastrophic fire and meltdown, on a "first ride" scenario, with the nesting material blowing around and landing down inside the fairing on the header area...

all the "mouse prevention lore" is just useless... peppermint oil, mothballs, dryer sheets, etc... are worthless.. simply don't work... I hate Meeces to Pieces....

Thanks Rich. I did a thorough exam of my bike last week and the nest in the battery compartment was the only one. This is the second time since 2009 that I've found a nest in that location but no others. It's a great place really. If you pull the battery you'll see the nice lil area right there. I have no idea how long the nest has been there but I've been riding regularly up until last week. The first time that I found a nest there the only chewing done was to the tray that the battery sits on.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #2908 on: November 15, 2017, 09:28:15 am »
I use poison and drowning buckets also. Our home is surrounded by tall grass so mice are a real problem, especially in the fall. I think the key is to never run out of poison. If you lapse for a while you will have a lot more mice to deal with. The drowning traps are pretty handy to. I use RV antifreeze in mine and have also found if you have a layer of sawdust they cannot get out either Use in area I dont want pets exposed to antifreeze.
Wayne.

[quote author=MAN OF BLUES

[/quote]
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2909 on: November 15, 2017, 09:51:56 am »
Yeah, me too: I can use traps to kill them but I cannot poison them, drown them or catch them in those sticky traps. So I just use snap- traps, and more of them. Also have lately found pistachio nuts to be excellent bait instead of peanut butter, but the pistachios only work for a few days (the scent must fade).

Brian

I know Max. I really hate using poison, as opposed to traps, but I can't have mice chewing up my vehicles.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com