Author Topic: Question For Russel Seat Owners  (Read 1222 times)

Offline eng943

Question For Russel Seat Owners
« on: October 26, 2017, 04:56:33 AM »
My experience with aftermarket seats has shown me that a Russel works best for me for comfort. However, I really need all the rise and pull back I can get out of raising the bars.

My question for Russel seat owners is how noticeable was the additional height of the Russel?

How did it affect the comfort of the relationship of reach and height to the bars?

Any negatives you've noticed with the Russel? I had bought a used one from a forum member on my last C14 and was constantly sliding forward.

2017 C14 - AST Risers / Peg Lowering kit / mccruise /Garmin 595/Shoodaben MR / Area P / Kawi Touring Seat.
Second Bike 2017 BMW R12R

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Question For Russel Seat Owners
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 06:23:56 AM »
It affected reach to the bars, reach to the ground, proximity to the tank, and tilt of my body in relation to the bars.   Russell has certain parameters that they can adjust within reason when you get your seat done.  If you have concerns over any parameter of the seat you should review that with Russell.   Also, after some years go by you may want to get it redone again due to foam or changes in your body (gaining or losing weight for example).
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.