Author Topic: KTRC Error  (Read 10087 times)

Offline wb57

Re: KTRC Error
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2017, 07:54:39 AM »
It has to be something to do with either the wiring to or the sensor itself or even the connectors.   I was wondering if the manual had any checks on that.   

I'd agree.  Basically, I've just looked at the sensors so far.  There was some road grime on one sensor and a decent amount of corrosion on the rotor portion on the other wheel.  Cleaned those up and I didn't see an error for a couple days or so.  But it reappeared the other night.  I'll run through the entire list I've got as soon as I've got the time.
There are no specific tests/checks in the manual for this.  Trickier when it's sporadic.
2010 Concours
2015 FJ-09
Turning paychecks into spent fossil fuels.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2017, 08:55:13 AM »
The gap between the face of the sensor and the wheel is pretty critical and cannot exceed a very small amount (cannot remember what that is thouhg). You might want to check that the front and rear sensors have the same gap, as well as both sensors being square (perpendicular) to the wheel. Also, the ideally, the sensor should be centered very closely in the slots in the wheels (not higher or lower than the center of the slot path).

We have seen this kind of failure before with a sensor not mounted quite right due to a bent or misaligned bracket.

Brian

I'd agree.  Basically, I've just looked at the sensors so far.  There was some road grime on one sensor and a decent amount of corrosion on the rotor portion on the other wheel.  Cleaned those up and I didn't see an error for a couple days or so.  But it reappeared the other night.  I'll run through the entire list I've got as soon as I've got the time.
There are no specific tests/checks in the manual for this.  Trickier when it's sporadic.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline wb57

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2017, 12:57:16 PM »
The gap between the face of the sensor and the wheel is pretty critical and cannot exceed a very small amount (cannot remember what that is thouhg). You might want to check that the front and rear sensors have the same gap, as well as both sensors being square (perpendicular) to the wheel. Also, the ideally, the sensor should be centered very closely in the slots in the wheels (not higher or lower than the center of the slot path).

We have seen this kind of failure before with a sensor not mounted quite right due to a bent or misaligned bracket.

Brian

I did check the gap when I had them out the other day.  They were right at .7mm.  Spec is .7-.9mm.  I did not check for them being square and/or centered.  Assumed there wasn't much of a chance for it to be otherwise.
2010 Concours
2015 FJ-09

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2017, 01:26:25 PM »

exactly what year manual are you consulting?

I ask, as I have an 08-09 book, and of course it wouldnt show the process, but for those years all the ABS and related testing is shown in depth.. you have a 2010 and up manual? It should show all of this.. I have to dig up the '10 and up book now... but I have to think the process is in there.

I do know that the ABS/speed sensors and rings and computer box ARE different after '09, and not interchangable, just relating that until
 I get my later manual found...

ok, I found the book.... consult section 17, extremely filled with everything related to diagnostics....

also, note:
that sensor gap value should be 0.4 to 1.6mm (.015 to .063 inch)( oh, the manual is wrong when reading the inch values....they forgot the decimal point...heheheheh)...
so even though you are in the zone... it could be closer....
but as you replaced rotors back in time, I can't comment further...
it also shows the "B" codes relating to Ktrac/Kact errors, which can be invoked to further sift down the variables in the faults...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 03:01:41 PM by MAN OF BLUES »

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline wb57

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2017, 02:21:48 PM »
I thought mine was the current manual, but it appears it's for an '08, although this is on the cover:
1400GTR
CONCOURS 14 ABS
CONCOURS 14

2010 Concours
2015 FJ-09

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2017, 02:39:45 PM »
I thought mine was the current manual, but it appears it's for an '08, although this is on the cover:
1400GTR
CONCOURS 14 ABS
CONCOURS 14

I guessed that by the gap measurement you noted.....

pretty good catch eh?  8)   :rotflmao: :thumbs:

hang tight, I have something to post, if I can get it to work....

here

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2017, 02:56:48 PM »
one more
should be all ya need with the rest,

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2017, 02:59:22 PM »
I guessed that by the gap measurement you noted.....

pretty good catch eh?  8)   :rotflmao: :thumbs:

That was, indeed, a good catch.

The factory manual COVER for the 2nd gen looks the same as the 1st gen (with a different photo, since the bikes look different), but the SPINE will have years, something like "2010 - 2012" or later years.  The ABS system in the 2nd gen is considerably different than the 1st gen.... probably one of the biggest differences other than cosmetics (mirrors, fairings, covers, windscreen, etc).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2017, 03:11:28 PM »
yeah, the photo gives it away...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2017, 04:15:32 PM »
Gee, I'm glad you aren't banned here... :rotflmao:   Thanks, Rich. :thumbs:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2017, 04:40:31 PM »
Gee, I'm glad you aren't banned here... :rotflmao:   Thanks, Rich. :thumbs:

yeah, I'm opening shop here for the next 3 months...giving viable tech for free.... I don't foresee getting banned here,  :battle:  over trivial b/s by someone who hasn't made a contribution to tech even tho it was their job   :hail: :nuts: :nuts: :doh:  ...., or some snowflakes that say I'm a rude bastiche...  :grouphug: :grouphug: :_shudder_Emoticon  because you all already know I'm rude... and a curmudgeon...
 :hitfan:

the Dude abides...
 :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2017, 05:27:45 PM »
Most excellent!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2017, 06:50:17 PM »
yeah, I'm opening shop here for the next 3 months...giving viable tech for free.... I don't foresee getting banned here,  :battle:  over trivial b/s by someone who hasn't made a contribution to tech even tho it was their job   :hail: :nuts: :nuts: :doh:  ...., or some snowflakes that say I'm a rude bastiche...  :grouphug: :grouphug: :_shudder_Emoticon  because you all already know I'm rude... and a curmudgeon...

the Dude abides...

...and get off my lawn!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2017, 07:13:09 PM »
 :rotflmao:  And that's why I love this place..

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2017, 05:24:12 AM »
Hey, it works for me. And I think you are right, you are not nearly abrasive enough to get banned here. Almost no- one is IME. But your real trouble is angering the GOOROOS and their mob of torch and pitchfork bearing packs, and as far as I know, there is none of that here.

Personally, I hope your health recovers sufficiently so that we may get, at least occasionally, some more of those alcohol induced, late- night, badly spelled and wrong- word using (who am I kidding- they were not even words) posts (kinda' like slurring the printed word) rambling on about stuff. I kinda' liked some of those. Really. But mostly, I do hope you health stabilizes and improves even without those fun posts.

And the dues here are pretty low- but combined with the lack of abuse, it is kind of a wash- out I guess.  :rotflmao:

Curmudgeon on old man..... :chugbeer:

Brian

the Dude abides...
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com