Author Topic: Concours 14 Passive FOB replacement from locksmith  (Read 20084 times)

Offline MtnRider

Re: Concours 14 Passive FOB replacement from locksmith
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2018, 02:45:49 PM »
Well, if the locator is small enough and it is PERMANENTLY ATTACHED to the keys (fob, remote control, etc. ad nauseum), then it would be useful IMO, depending on the range at which it could be detected. And of course a useful range does not have to be 20 miles but 100 feet would be nice, 100 yards would be really nice. That would actually allow one to find something that fell out of a pocket while riding a motorcycle by driving the same route again.... instead of trying to walk slowly on the side of the highway looking for what amounts to a piece of fly $hit in a pile of pepper.

Brian

Phone app based finder: https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Tracker-Anti-Lost-Bidirectional-Reminder/dp/B07FN246FT/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1541799695&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=key+finder+smart+tracker&psc=1
"Bidirectional Alarm
Kids love to run out of your sight.Don’t worry! Nut knows where your little angels are .When Nut is disconnected with the phone, they will both beep to alarm you. And you will find the location from App."

Just one example, lots of other on Amazon.

Offline Gabriel

• Near Galveston
« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2018, 03:25:34 PM »
the distance can be as far as 30-50 meters; when you use Nut indoors with walls and people around you, the distance will be around 10-30 meters
No bad for 20 bucks...

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2018, 04:06:20 PM »
Something called a tile. When it gets out of range of your Bluetooth it marks the location and let you know what that location is so you can go back to it and then use a finding future. I think the range is about 30 feet or so on the Bluetooth on the tile. It lets you know as you get closer to it

quote author=Gabriel link=topic=23777.msg297517#msg297517 date=1541802334]
the distance can be as far as 30-50 meters; when you use Nut indoors with walls and people around you, the distance will be around 10-30 meters
No bad for 20 bucks...
[/quote]
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2018, 06:17:21 AM »
Are you sure you didn't just get ripped off?  I have a feeling the dealer lost one of your keys...

I don't think so, Max.  I only think they came with one key, but that was 11 years ago and my mind isn't what it once was.   If any of the gen1 original owners got two keys with the two fobs let me know.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Locksmith

« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2018, 07:58:50 AM »

I don't think so, Max.  I only think they came with one key, but that was 11 years ago and my mind isn't what it once was.   If any of the gen1 original owners got two keys with the two fobs let me know.

I had an 09 that I bought new. I received 2 active fobs with 2 keys in them when I bought it.

I upgraded to a 2012 which came with 1 active fob and 1 passive fob. Both came with keys.

I now ride a 2018 which came with the same fobs/keys as the 2012.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2018, 09:10:08 AM »
Something called a tile. When it gets out of range of your Bluetooth it marks the location and let you know what that location is so you can go back to it and then use a finding future. I think the range is about 30 feet or so on the Bluetooth on the tile. It lets you know as you get closer to it

quote author=Gabriel link=topic=23777.msg297517#msg297517 date=1541802334]
No bad for 20 bucks...
I have been using tiles to find my keys with my phone. You could attcah one to your FOB. Problem is battery life is a bit short for the price. They have come up with a tile with repalcable battery, I plan to check the price.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2018, 09:12:41 AM »

Both the 08 and 09 I bought from dealers came with two active fobs with metal keys inserted. The two passive fobs I bought online did not come with metal keys.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline PH14

« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2018, 10:05:28 AM »

I have a 2009 and both my FOBs have keys.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2018, 11:23:57 AM »
:)

Poor Jim was shafted, as I suspected!  (We have shaft drive, so I am safe saying that).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2018, 12:23:11 PM »
Sigh, you are correct.   I only had one key for the two fobs but then it was very early in the product cycle (pun intended).
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2018, 03:46:12 PM »

my '08, purchased on 7/7/07 from Ultimate in Richmond Va., came with 2 active FOBS, which contained keys in the holder slots... and the stove knob (of course)...

and it came with an owners manual. in a plastic bag.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2018, 05:33:46 PM »
You know, it's possible I had two but I really don't remember having two keys.  As Max said, it could have been a dealer fu.

Offline Gabriel

• Near Galveston
« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2018, 07:02:06 PM »
Everybody probably thinks I abandoned this thread but I'm still working on it.
The locksmith tells me that there is no easy solution and one would have to be fabricated (more or less).
However he said he still has a couple of sources that are willing to tackle this job but I need to bring my fob back so he can get all the information from the internal components which I'm going to do in the next week or so. He's not real close and the weather is not good right now.
I'll be back!

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2018, 10:07:29 AM »
Everybody probably thinks I abandoned this thread but I'm still working on it.

Nah, we wouldn't think that...we knew you were busy installing new horns.   ;D

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2018, 09:23:25 PM »
my initial response, and continued responses, and hopes.. are at a point moot;  I would just ask you to let it sleep.. seriously, I don't wanna be Debbie Downer on this, but there is reasoning behind my suggestions...you personally are not going to break the code, and this guy who has no $$$$$$$ interest in it will neither... 10 years of production, and similar issues will tell the tale..... this guy isn't a Guru, nor will he miraculously pull this outta his butt.

face reality, put this to sleep, and we all agree to disagree... (silently in the back ground)

all I can say is what I've said before... it ain't happening.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2018, 06:02:33 AM »

Two large active fobs and two keys, plus the stove knob key, included with my 08.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2018, 08:50:29 AM »
Two large active fobs and two keys, plus the stove knob key, included with my 08.
same here

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2018, 03:54:35 PM »
having just gone thru this last week, with a fellow on the COG forum, that bought a bike with a destroyed ignition lock, and NO keys whatsoever, but he did manage to find a brand new "old stock" ECU/FOB set, for like $300.. (yes, he was extremely lucky on that one...)
the locks and keys, sold in a "group" are under this part number (Note: this is not including FOBs and ECU...)

see below;

the parts "grouping" that covers that complete set of locks, with keys; (ignition switch, gastank lockset,both bag latch/lock assemblies, and seat lock: with 2 keys for each except 1 for the ignition, all keyed alike) is 
p/n    27045-5395 SWITCH-ASSY and costs $1150, but mind you, that set also includes both saddlebag latch assemblies, with keys..

just tossed it here for reference...because it keeps coming up.

Offline WinstonRudolph

« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2021, 12:30:16 PM »
I went miles for key fob replacement and locksmith white plains have provided me the key at a reasonable cost.

Offline SteveHenrick

« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2021, 09:50:45 AM »
I have purchased two fobs from locksmith houston near me and I lost the one but the spare key has helped me dealing with an emergency.