Author Topic: Ca bike and BO plates  (Read 1602 times)

Offline snarf

• Arena
Ca bike and BO plates
« on: July 10, 2011, 08:51:35 PM »
I am asking the Connie gods for some info. I have a gentleman wanting to put my block-off plates on a Vs bike. I pressume it can be done, I unfortunately don't know how. So instead of giving him bad intel I thought I would see what the great forum brain trust had to say on the matter. I humbly await your answers.
Thanks in advance
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
Re: Ca bike and BO plates
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 04:35:23 AM »
The install should be the same as any other install; the only thing that a CA bike has that the other bikes do not is the vapor recovery system which is only hooked up to the carbs and has nothing to do with the BOP.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 04:55:43 AM »
Thanks for the help T.
2002 Conc

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 05:40:30 AM »
Keep in mind that there are TWO separate systems on CA bikes vapor recovery and the reed valve system but they both share the same vacuum to do their thing. They use vacuum to make something like a valve open and close; vacuum provides the strength to do the work when applied to a diaphragm etc. Thus all they need/want to do is to close off the source of vacuum that was being used by the vac operated valve on the BOP. This has nothing at all to do with how any of the hoses that go to the back of the tank are hooked up or the can pucked up under the right side cover. Thus all that needs to be done is to close off or reroute the vac hose away from the reed valve vac switch. Like removing an unneeded power wire or unused plumbing in a an old house; you have to dead end (plug or cap) unused plumbing right.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 06:09:48 AM »
Gotcha. Another big thank you.
2002 Conc