Author Topic: So I flipped over my footpegs...  (Read 12243 times)

Offline TXIN

• H-Minus
So I flipped over my footpegs...
« on: October 16, 2011, 10:55:35 PM »
right to left and visa versys, and found that I kinda like it. I need to get some grip tape and go for a ride. I'm wondering, is this about the same position as KneeSavers? One thing I miss about riding a Harley is that it is SUPER easy to go to a shop or store or if you must, blackbeard's very lair, the stealership, and hold it next to your bike and see if it would do the trick or not.

So, what do y'all think? About the same? I can't really tell from the pictures.
Squeee!

Offline snarf

• Arena
Re: So I flipped over my footpegs...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 02:06:35 PM »
How about you post up some pics of what you did
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline gtr1000

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 04:27:09 PM »
I can't really tell from the pictures.

Neither can I  ???
Paul OTP (near Windsor, GB).

06 C-10, 2009 to .....
A5 C-10, 2000 to 2009.

Offline TXIN

• H-Minus
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 06:27:51 PM »
Squeee!

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 07:57:27 PM »
Kinda looks to me like taking off the rubbers would have the same effect...

I've had Murph's Kneesavers on my bike long enough that I don't really remember what the stock setup is like...

Before and after pics would tell the story to us...let us know how they feel...
'02 C-10

Offline TXIN

• H-Minus
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 09:17:22 PM »
Taking the rubbers off would definitely lower my foot a little. Doing this also moved my foot back a bit. I'm not sure how I feel about it, I need to take it for a ride. I'm kinda stuck here with what to do. If this is about where the KneeSavers sit, I don't think I like it. I feel like my feet are to far back. On the other hand, the GenMar and MCL kits both push the pegs forward even farther, which is a problem because I have size 13 feet.

What year ZX9 pegs fit on the Concours? Why can't I get a "generic" set of pegs? Is it the size of the clevis pin hole?
Squeee!

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 05:01:48 AM »
that's nothing like the way kneesavers  mount. Refer to murph's site, he had some good pics there. HTH, Steve

Offline TXIN

• H-Minus
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 05:30:33 AM »
So, it looks like the KneeSavers are about an inch or inch and a half further forward, but about the same on drop. That would make ALOT of difference! Hmmm.... I think I know what Santa is bringing me this year.
Squeee!

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 05:50:50 AM »
kneesavers drop the pegs 1.5" and move the centerline back abou 1/2". they are double - articulated, and fold up along side the bike in the event of a drop. Never heard of one breaking during a tipover. Because the actual pegs are thinner top to bottom, the kneesavers don't cut into the cornering clearance. You'll like them! Steve

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 08:04:49 AM »
the kneesavers don't cut into the cornering clearance.

But his size 13 feet will.   ;D
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 08:18:03 AM »
I have a set of GW foot pegs, does anyone know if'n I can just purchase the adapter bracket?
2002 Conc

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 08:44:21 AM »
I have a set of GW foot pegs, does anyone know if'n I can just purchase the adapter bracket?

contact murph. Steve

Offline Tele130

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 08:45:19 AM »

Purchase? :loco:  Get out in the shop and make some...........................for all of us. :rotflmao:
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 10:54:50 AM »

Purchase? :loco:  Get out in the shop and make some...........................for all of us. :rotflmao:
I would love to but thats not how I do things.  No way could I do that to Garry and Patty. As long as somebody has a niche filled I keep my fingers out.  That is the reason you never saw my hwy-pegs until Jimmy stopped production of his. :-\
2002 Conc

Offline TXIN

• H-Minus
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 01:08:59 PM »
But his size 13 feet will.   ;D

You are not even kidding here. I'm 6-2, 250 lbs, 34 inch inseam and size 13 shoes. I kinda make the Connie look like a regular sport bike, instead of a tourer. If you think THAT'S a funny picture, you shoulda seen me on by buddy's '10 Street Triple R... like a monkey riding a football down the highway.
Squeee!

Offline AZBiker

• My photos
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 02:07:41 PM »
You are not even kidding here. I'm 6-2, 250 lbs, 34 inch inseam and size 13 shoes. I kinda make the Connie look like a regular sport bike, instead of a tourer. If you think THAT'S a funny picture, you shoulda seen me on by buddy's '10 Street Triple R... like a monkey riding a football down the highway.

13EE shoe size here.  When I first started riding mine my feet would hit the lowers constantly.  So I took 'em off.  The lowers--not my feet.

10 years and 70lbs ago I rode a HawkGt.  My riding buddies said I looked like a monkey "doing something inappropriate to" a football when I was riding it.   ;D
rubber side down,

Derek
93 Cali black & red

Offline TXIN

• H-Minus
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 03:17:16 PM »
13EE shoe size here.  When I first started riding mine my feet would hit the lowers constantly.  So I took 'em off.  The lowers--not my feet.

10 years and 70lbs ago I rode a HawkGt.  My riding buddies said I looked like a monkey "doing something inappropriate to" a football when I was riding it.   ;D

1) I have developed a system where I scoot my feet back when I need to operate the controls, and forward to a more comfortable position when cruising. It's like eating a hamburger while driving a stick shift in traffic. It's not a long term solution, but it'll do for now.

2) Yeah... I was being nice when I said riding... lol
Squeee!

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 03:17:39 AM »
Peg lowers with the goldwing 1800 pegs is the ticket, along with bar risers and a beefed up seat.. I'm using a Russell Day Long saddle, rises me up an inch or so, and makes my ride time very comfy.. 6'3", 255, size 13 or 14, depends on the manufacturer. Lot of big boys on the Connie, I've seen up to 6'8" so far..
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline TXIN

• H-Minus
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 02:51:00 PM »
I actually took the bar risers that came on my bike off. My arms be long. I had grip problems and excessive hand fatigue, then I took them off and BOOM! No problems. Of course, my last bike was a Sportster with drag bars, so... I like the stretch. I want the lowered pegs, and I know need a secondary peg position, but I don't really like the options I've seen so far. I've been looking at Kuryakyn stuff to get some ideas (or possibly just buy something) and have also been sitting in my garage staring at the side of the bike with the side covers off, looking for inspiration. I really like where the highway pegs are on the C14, so I'm staring at my bike trying to figure THAT out on the C10.
Squeee!

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 03:14:44 PM »
Well there is always this for an option:
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=98.0
2002 Conc