Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 671603 times)

Offline sanmo

• Arena
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #2840 on: November 09, 2017, 08:09:22 AM »
C'mon guys. Give the poor lass a break. It may be just her way of coping with an intense fear of flying? And which 28 year old male would decline a BJ on a long flight.  :finger_fing11:
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2841 on: November 09, 2017, 09:27:44 AM »
Yes, as opposed to a short flight where virtually all 28 year old males would refuse it.....

:rotflmao:

Brian

C'mon guys. Give the poor lass a break. It may be just her way of coping with an intense fear of flying? And which 28 year old male would decline a BJ on a long flight.  :finger_fing11:
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2842 on: November 09, 2017, 10:04:22 AM »
Fly Delta.....where our motto is " You'll be blown away by our service!"

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #2843 on: November 09, 2017, 10:52:15 AM »
Delta's running a brothel.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2844 on: November 09, 2017, 05:08:51 PM »
Ah, maybe that is what Bill Clinton was going on the tarmac last year during the run- up to the election..... looking to make a 'connection' on a Delta flight?

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2845 on: November 10, 2017, 03:51:07 AM »
With Lynch?  :pukeface:

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2846 on: November 10, 2017, 08:20:10 AM »
Have you seen some of his past..... er, ....... "acquaintances"? He does not seem to be a discerning gentleman in his choices of..... 'personal associates'. Looks like a heartbeat might be the only requirement and hey, maybe that too is negotiable.

Shiver me timbers!

Brian

With Lynch?  :pukeface:

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2847 on: November 10, 2017, 10:11:14 AM »
He did like to fly the Lolita Express with Epstein.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2848 on: November 16, 2017, 09:10:48 PM »
Speaking of stray girls.....

Couple of months ago, my 'crazy cat lady' next door neighbor got my wife me involved in a mid- day witch hunt..... OK, a mid-day kitten hunt. Seems one of the strays she feeds 'dropped a litter' and was around someplace. Mom (cat Mom) and kittens were holed up on my side of the fence and crazy cat lady succeeded in disturbing them enough that Momma cat took off and kittens scrambled. But they were too small to run and I watched one going around the end of the fence, called to the crazy cat lady (yep, my own fault) and she caught it. Next thing is it shows up in my living room in my wife's arms and she asks me if we want a cat.... Nope, we are in no place or condition to have pets wandering through this mess of a house.

Kitten was about 4 weeks old and not weened, still had blue eyes. Crazy cat lady takes it to two different vets to "drop it off", and of course both vets. explain that that is NOT WHAT they do (duh) and so the crazy cat lady ends up with a kitten, an eye- dropper to feed kitten and a new mission in life (hehehehehehehe).

Flash forward about 2 months:

I picked up my wife tonight (not the first time either), we ran some errands and got something to eat. Got home and I helped Gimpy into the house (had foot surgery two weeks ago, currently wearing a 'boot built for three' and using crutches), then went back to the car to get some of what we bought. Brought in the first load and just pushed the door shut behind me but it did  not close, just swung so it was about a foot open. Put down purchases, turned around and there it is, a half- grown cat (kitten really) standing there looking at me. Hmmmmmm. Dark gray, solid, well- groomed, not wet and perfectly healthy at first glance. Hmmmm. So I say 'hello' to the little fella' and it walks toward me, singing, and rubs my hand. Hmmmmm. OK, not a feral cat and not old enough to hunt and feed on its own so must be a neighbor's cat. Anyway, get rest of purchases, come back in to find cat wandering around, crying and singing like mad. Wife sees kitten, thinks of name and chats with kitten. Hmmmmmmm. So I get a small saucer, pour some half 'n half  in it and put it on the floor- cat sniffs and has zero interest. Must not be hungry. So for next 1/2 hour or so, kitten walks around, singing like mad, occasionally crying and loving both of us up worse than a cheap French Wh......, er, 'Lady of Ill Repute'. If one of us gets up and talks to the kitten, it runs to us (like a dog). I figure this thing MUST be hungry and grab a piece of sliced American cheese..... kitten sniffs it and rips 1/2 of the slice out of my hands. OK, so I feed kitten the rest in small pieces and it eats the cheese, the end of my fingers, and anything else near the front of her head. OK, very hungry but did not want milk / cream. Kitten walks around for a few minutes, climbs up on a couch, makes itself comfortable and does what kittens do best- falls asleep.

Took a flashlight and looked.... well, you know, and my wife named her Lola (just in case it is really a boy, the name will still work, at least according to the Kinks).

So now I think it IS a feral cat and maybe Mamma cat has disappeared and kitten could not fend for herself. Not sure what is going to happen but it is 11:00 PM, Andrea is in bed (with door open so kitten can visit), kitten is fast asleep on couch and I need more wine. No cat food (though more cheese and that seemed to go over in a really BIG way) and no litter box (but kitten is confined to tile floored area) at least until tomorrow. I think when she cries, I will let her out and see how it goes...... if she comes back and is again willing to trade "personal favors" for a slice of cheese, we may go buy a litter box.

BTW: beautiful kitten. All very dark gray, light green eyes, a very slight lighter gray mask (sort of like a lion) and fearless or at least hungry enough to overcome any natural fears.

Did not want pet. If forced to take pet, wanted GSD dog. I do not believe in anything not easily explained by physics but it sure does seem like this Kitten picked US, just like my last two (and only two in my entire life) dogs.

Brian

P.S. Oh yeah, kitten already very well versed in the game called 'chase the lump under the blanket'.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2849 on: November 17, 2017, 04:14:20 AM »
GSD dog ?

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2850 on: November 17, 2017, 05:36:23 AM »
GSD dog ?
German Sheperd Dog [sic] dog?

Got home and I helped Gimpy into the house (had foot surgery two weeks ago, currently wearing a 'boot built for three' and using crutches),
This info might have been helpful in the mouse trap stories. ....or is this situation because of the bear mouse traps?

Oh yeah, kitten already very well versed in the game called 'chase the lump under the blanket'.
Years ago my wife could play that game, seems to have forgotten how lately.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2851 on: November 17, 2017, 06:55:12 AM »
You need a new kitten....

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2852 on: November 17, 2017, 07:39:47 AM »
Yep, German Shepherd Dog is the actual name of the breed. It is the ONLY dog breed that has the word 'dog' in its name. So it usually just gets shortened to GSD, and I put dog after that to make it easier for everyone to know what I was talking about.

Interesting (I think) side- fact: when all things German fell out of favor for WWI and WWII, but especially WWI, the GSD was co- named the Alsatian, after that region of what was then France (it has been German as well as French over the centuries, depending on who won what most recently). So in the US in, say, 1918, it would have been considered quite poor to have a German Shepherd Dog, it was OK to have an Alsatian. Go figure.

Brian

GSD dog ?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2853 on: November 17, 2017, 07:55:11 AM »
Yep on the dog, nope on the traps and a gigantic Easy Boys! on the 'lump' thing. You <may> be able to again show your wife how to play some game or other but careful, she might end up being a #metoo on FaceTwit. Caveat Emptor, Latin for 'let the squeezer beware' I think.

I shoulda' known with youse guize.

This morning, I invited the kitten to go out by opening the door. She walked to and stood on the threshold, looked around, then came back into the house. Guess I am going to have to be tough and throw her scrawny butt out the door! But first..... breakfast. Gave her 1/2 slice of cheese (good), some half 'n half (not good but later it was gone so either the kitten or Andrea drank it (Easy Boys!)) and then I opened a can of tuna and too about 1/3 of it and put it on a plate. Put the plate on top of my chest and hand- fed her; oh yeah, she LIKES tuna! Funny thing happened though.... the kitten was going a bit nuts over the fish and a small piece dropped down my chest.... she chased it, got it and then grabbed onto my nipple. Twice. Two things: I really do think this is a feral cat, not quite weaned. and 2) my nipple hurts. Note to self: put shirt on before dealing with kitten.

Grabbed the spare ash pan from the wood stove, went outside and threw a couple of shovels of dirt in it, came in, put it on the floor. Put the kitten on top of the dirt and guess what she did?

But it was a LOT funnier when she did the same thing last night in my wife's largest potted plant in the bedroom.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian

German Sheperd Dog [sic] dog?
This info might have been helpful in the mouse trap stories. ....or is this situation because of the bear mouse traps?
Years ago my wife could play that game, seems to have forgotten how lately.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2854 on: November 17, 2017, 08:02:10 AM »
Do not want a new kitten. Had new kitten weasel her way into my house and does not want to leave. No problem- I will toss her sorry butt out..... in a little while. Right now, she has finished breakfast, made a wet spot in the ash pan and is now shaking in terror contemplating the moment when I will bodily eject her from the house.

Brian (evil Brian!)

P.S. In wally- world, the pet supplies are just past personal hygene, right?

:rotflmao:  and a little  :banghead:

You need a new kitten....

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #2855 on: November 17, 2017, 08:55:33 AM »
In my experience a cat is a minimum $5,000 'investment' ... and prob more like $10,000+: Food, litter and regular vet checkups are part of it, but also hmmm-whats-wrong-tests by the vet, medicine and surgeries as they age.

Your investment may be lower if you're lucky enough to have a cat that walks away and/or dies before any obvious health problems, or if you're lucky enough that SWMBO allows you to handle its first serious (aka expensive) medical situation with 'alternative medicine' which eliminates any and all future discomfort for the animal. I am not lucky. And therefore I live with two aging cats who have consumed a large portion of my future retirement funds.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2856 on: November 18, 2017, 06:26:54 AM »
In my experience a cat is a minimum $5,000 'investment' ... and prob more like $10,000+: Food, litter and regular vet checkups are part of it, but also hmmm-whats-wrong-tests by the vet, medicine and surgeries as they age.

While that is true, it is usually true for ANY pet, especially if comparing to a dog.  Vet, food, medications, toys, boarding, repair of stuff they break, litter, leashes, wear on stuff, etc.  There are a LOT of irresponsible pet owners out there that have no business having a pet.  They think TCO (total cost ownership) is food.  That is like thinking TCO of a motorcycle is just gas.  Lord help us when such people decide to have children.... there goes MY tax money, again.  So that is how we end up with so much suffering due to un-neutered strays and neglected animals.

Anyway, very cute/nice cat!  And cats "coming to you" doesn't make them a dog, it makes them a cat.  Every cat I have owned comes to me, loves on me, talks to me, and interacts regularly (just not every second, which is FINE).  :)

BTW- not a good idea to feed cats [cow] milk products very frequently.  Grab a bag of "Blue Buffalo" (freaky name)- has no grain, no by-products, is high-nutrition, convenient, not smelly, long shelf/floor life... it is a high quality food that is worth the price- less waste, fewer health problems.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2857 on: November 18, 2017, 10:11:29 AM »
Pet ownership -- yup, that can be expensive.

Mrs. E and I have 4 dogs and a parrot. By far, the costliest pet has been our purebred golden retriever. She's 9 years old now and some of her health issues (allergies, heart murmur, fatty lumps (benign), dew claw-ectomy, and a dozen things I can't even remember right now) have subsided or gone into remission. But the monthly heartworm meds, rabies shots, kennel cough shots, boarding, grooming, and food runs us about $5K per year for all 4 dogs.  :yikes:

The parrot is far easier on the pocketbook as we prepare her food rather than buy it ready-made. Dog food costs us about $140 a month.

Three of the four dogs are getting on in years. The golden is 2nd oldest at 9; our oldest is an Aussie at ~10; and our canine pack leader, a female lab mix, is 8 now. So the meds and vet visits become more frequent.
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #2858 on: November 18, 2017, 10:19:46 AM »
Thanks for the tip on the food- we will take a look. Going to the store shortly for litter, litter box, cat- carrier (not the screw- type  ;D) and cat food. This does not mean we  are keeping her of course, she could go to the pound any minute, but the Vet. appointment on Monday kinda' belies that perhaps.....  :o

I grew up with cats and am quite familiar with the species. And I both like as well as respect them; nature has honed them to be outstanding hunters, and a 9 lb. house cat is more or less identical to any of the larger cats (behavior, hunting, stalking and independent behavior, lions excepted as they live cooperatively in prides). But they are quite different from dogs, and <generally> I prefer dogs for a whole bunch of reasons. That said, as I said, I do appreciate cats for what they are, and this one (Phoebe at the moment  ::) ) is a very nice version of one; not wary or retreating at all, and not timid. I hate reaching out to any pet and having it 'duck' or pull back out of fear. This kitten is very forthright, not aggressive but also not in the least fearful or retiring; reaching out to her and she leans in to get to you also. She is now getting a little more independent but not aloof, and still follows me around like a puppy.

Just as an aside, this is NOT a pet thread (I think we have one of those), this one looks like a Chartreux, going by the photos on the 'Net. Really beautiful cat, neutral gray but with a very symmetrical slightly silver 'mask' from her eyes down to her jawline. Kinda' different.

Brian

<snip>

Anyway, very cute/nice cat!  And cats "coming to you" doesn't make them a dog, it makes them a cat.  Every cat I have owned comes to me, loves on me, talks to me, and interacts regularly (just not every second, which is FINE).  :)

BTW- not a good idea to feed cats [cow] milk products very frequently.  Grab a bag of "Blue Buffalo" (freaky name)- has no grain, no by-products, is high-nutrition, convenient, not smelly, long shelf/floor life... it is a high quality food that is worth the price- less waste, fewer health problems.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2859 on: November 18, 2017, 10:26:18 AM »
I like rocks.  Low maintenance.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.