Poll

Where would you put this instrument panel?  Please justify your answer.

left side
4 (100%)
right side
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: May 23, 2011, 10:05:02 PM

Author Topic: Request input on gage placement  (Read 3294 times)

Offline Uglydog56

• I'd rather be lucky than good.
Request input on gage placement
« on: May 21, 2011, 10:05:02 PM »
To review:  putting a mean streak wheel on the front of my connie via zx-9 forks.  No room for a speedo.  I went with a Koso instrument panel - I don't lose any indications and it has the magnet/sensor thing for the speedo.  When it came in the mail, all I could think of is what my last girlfriend said:  "I though it would be bigger."  ;D I decided the silver lining is I can tuck my gps up under the shelf next to it, removing glare and protecting it from rain etc.  However, I am torn as to which side to put the instrument panel and which side to put the GPS.  I welcome your input and reasons I haven't thought of, I don't want to do this and get out on the road and realize it sucks donkeys because I can't see it or hit buttons.  PS I'm going to sand and smooth the panel while I cut the hole, it won't suck quite so bad when it's done.

Rick A. Cone
COG #9186
98 Connie, 76 CB400F

Offline GF-in-CA

Re: Request input on gage placement
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 10:26:22 PM »
Of the two choices, definitely on the left, IMO.  Given the layout of the Koso, I would want the digital speedo/ tach centered as much as possible, with the neutral, high beam, etc, peripheral rather than centered.  I don't know the dimensions of your GPS, but I would try to get the speedo/ tach as centered as possible.  Again JMHO (You asked  ;) ;D ).
Gary F.
1998 C10
California North State

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 06:49:11 AM »
Agree, left, with GPS on right.. Looking forward for updated pics!
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline Texanrider

• There's no excuse for what I am about to do...
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 09:23:56 AM »
keep in mind, you'll use your left hand to operate the gps (though i never recommend doing so while riding) but in case you need to, mounting it on the right side might not be so convenient cause your hand is on the throttle. Just my .02 cents.
09 Boulevard C50
95 Kawasaki Concours