Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853431 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #3340 on: April 30, 2019, 04:16:43 PM »
Fabbed my own backrest stalk out of inch and a half by quarter inch flat stock. Sits low and back on the Sargent seat just like the Corbin setup. AND now I can open my 47L Givi all the way without removing it :)
Already threaded, just a minor adjustment and some paint. Comfort approved on the center stand by momma. I can post some photos if anyone would be interested.

yes please

Offline Jethrobolas

« Reply #3341 on: May 01, 2019, 06:49:27 PM »
Running into issues posting photos. Wrong format? Stupid phone.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3342 on: May 01, 2019, 10:11:03 PM »

Almost all photos are stored as JPEG/JPG.   You are probably trying to upload some HUGE resolution, which is not necessary and often not allowed (because of wasting too much space).  Just scale down (resize) the photographs' resolutions to 2MP or 1080 pixels wide before uploading.  Or change the resolution of the camera on your phone to something lower before taking the photo(s).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline STC14JIM

« Reply #3343 on: May 02, 2019, 06:09:58 AM »

If you can't reduce the pic size on your phone, try installing the free "Send Reduce" app.  It works great for me.

Offline Jethrobolas

« Reply #3344 on: May 02, 2019, 08:23:11 AM »
Thanks fellas.
Here's a couple shots. Phil's rack sitting all the way back on Phil's rails (fantastic vendor). I have a shot of just the 2 stalks side-by-side, ast version vs bolas custom version, but they are on the iPhone and I don't feel like taking it off again.
Hindsight, I should have bought any similar backrest pad and made everything else myself. My stalk may not be perfect (took about 2 hours to make with grinder, hf 12 ton press, drill and appropriate tap), but I could have at least matched the build quality of the mount plate, if not exceeded it with the same tools I used for the stalk and saved myself $100. The mount plate is not symmetrical side-to-side and the overcuts in the corners from the handheld die grinder are clearly visible under the powder coat. Oh well.
Had to use an android to take and send pictures. I don't care for Apple products, for some reason my 2nd hand free old iphone isn't jiving with your site.
Don't have a real computer to fix the pix.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 08:53:48 AM by Jethrobolas »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3345 on: May 02, 2019, 03:39:01 PM »
Thanks fellas.
Here's a couple shots.

:thumbs:
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3346 on: May 02, 2019, 04:12:52 PM »
The backrest tucks in nicely.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3347 on: May 11, 2019, 08:12:52 AM »
What did you do to your Concours today?

Flipped 40K miles!  12,638mi on this set of tires (05-26-2017) so far.  Washed bike, too.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3348 on: May 11, 2019, 12:12:58 PM »
So that's why it's been raining so much lately.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #3349 on: May 11, 2019, 04:14:12 PM »
Flipped 40K miles!  12,638mi on this set of tires (05-26-2017) so far.  Washed bike, too.

12,638 miles on a set of tires on a big, heavy, powerful 1,352 cc bike??? So far?? You know you could get a Honda Grom and add a windshield and top case and/or side cases, save tons of money on gas, insurance, maintenance, parts, it'd be waaay lighter, etc etc ... and it'd solve your inseam issue.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3350 on: May 11, 2019, 08:19:11 PM »
12,638 miles on a set of tires on a big, heavy, powerful 1,352 cc bike??? So far??

Yep, haven't you seen the tire thread posts?  My last set of PR4GT's lasted 18,020 miles before replacement.  I suspect the roads in this area are just not as wear-prone to tires.  Also, most of the miles are slab (unfortunately).

You know you could get a Honda Grom and add a windshield and top case and/or side cases, save tons of money on gas, insurance, maintenance, parts, it'd be waaay lighter, etc etc ... and it'd solve your inseam issue.

And it would be very slow.  Something I am not...

Offline JerBear

« Reply #3351 on: May 14, 2019, 07:43:12 PM »
Well last weekend was the Tech day that I hosted at my home.  Got the Throttle Body Synch done.  The center screw was very hard to change and caused much Gnashing of teeth!  There was not huge differences between the 4 banks but they were askew and It was a lengthy process when you count getting the hoses connected and routed to an outside common point.  the actual adjustment was about 1.5 hours but likely won't take nearly as long next time now that I'm familiar with it.   The motor runs noticeably smoother at idle with not much variation.  I'm glad I did it if for no other eason than I know it's done and done right.

Kawasaki needs to add an adjuster to the center screw similar to the idle screw.  There's no reason IMO that a procedure has to be that difficult and with that adjuster it would be about 30 minutes.

Jerry
2008 C14 Non-ABS

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3352 on: May 14, 2019, 09:11:55 PM »
the actual adjustment was about 1.5 hours

Wow, that is a lot longer than I would have expected.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3353 on: June 02, 2019, 07:46:09 PM »
What did you do to your Concours today?

Had to deliver "TurboScratch" to Mom in RIC.  It was too large to fit in panniers (they are full, anyway).  So I had to use "some" bungie cords to secure it to the rack.

The kitten went ape-wild over it.

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #3354 on: June 02, 2019, 09:58:33 PM »
Installed a new set of Angel GT’s and an oil change. All set for Maggie Valley weekend after next.  :thumbs:
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline Jgiacobbe

« Reply #3355 on: June 03, 2019, 07:48:23 AM »
Yep, haven't you seen the tire thread posts?  My last set of PR4GT's lasted 18,020 miles before replacement.  I suspect the roads in this area are just not as wear-prone to tires.  Also, most of the miles are slab (unfortunately).

And it would be very slow.  Something I am not...

I tried one as a 3rd bike. After a programmer, exhaust and intake it could kind of keep up with traffic on 50mph roads. Decided to cut my loses and sold it. Bought a C14. Insurance went up $11 per 6 months with full coverage.

Yesterday, I wired up my horn and reconnected the city lights on mine. Looked up my F1 code and re-installed the seat latch that had been relocated to the police radio box when the bike was setup for police duty. Waiting on various parts now.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #3356 on: June 03, 2019, 09:56:20 AM »
Got the Road Smart 3's installed. Rear was a real pain to mount. The changes I made to the HF tool helped a lot. I installed a threaded center pin as suggested by MOB . Works great.

Tires balance with a bit less weight in the front and a lot less for the rear . Prior tires were BS 023's. Hope to get at least 7000 out of the rear.

Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3357 on: June 03, 2019, 06:51:45 PM »
Installed a new set of Angel GT’s and an oil change. All set for Maggie Valley weekend after next.  :thumbs:
Stopping in at the Wheels thru Time Museum?

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #3358 on: June 03, 2019, 07:48:42 PM »
Possibly... if we have a rain day while we are there. Otherwise, I’ll be riding everyday. Too many great roads down there. Been down there 2-3 times per year for a few years now and still find new roads to ride every time. I’m sure I’ll make it to wheels through time one of these days.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #3359 on: June 03, 2019, 10:30:11 PM »
Possibly... if we have a rain day while we are there. Otherwise, I’ll be riding everyday. Too many great roads down there.

x2 ... much rather be riding the fantastic roads during my limited vacation time, rather than standing around looking at a bunch of old stuff HAHA!

I’m sure I’ll make it to wheels through time one of these days.

I might. And actually we tried one year, after a long day of ~8-4 racing, I mean riding 8), we dropped in about 4:45 ... turned out to be 15 mins before closing. I said, "How about you let us take a whirlwind 15-min tour for $5 each ... instead of their usual $15 ea ... and the lady said Nope. I said, Well I guess you'll get $0 instead of $15 (there were 3 of us).  I'm, sure they don't care, but how dumb.