Author Topic: Picked up another bike Saturday  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Picked up another bike Saturday
« on: May 20, 2019, 01:02:29 PM »
To make a long story short, I scored a 2018 K1600B from a friend. A little over 10,000 mile's on it, fresh tires and fresh service.

To be fair, there are many reasons I can't yet compare many of the aspects to those of my C14.  I've owned the C14 for a bit over 3 years and have spent time, money, and effort to make it suit me. The BMW will also require some of the same to make it "fit properly".

Factory cruise, heated seats and heated grips certainly are nice. As are the keyless locking bags, additional forward floor boards, and fairing vents.

For my liking, it needs a V-Stream windshield, PR4GT tires, a top box, and Grip Puppies. To start...

It doesn't have the raw acceleration of the Concours, or the wonderful sound of an inline 4 with a header and dual pipes at 10,000 rpms. I would say it is more even tempered and forgiving. And the Pro Shift or whatever it's called, is magic.  250 miles @ 90MPH between fuel stops is also very nice. Saddlebags will take some getting used to, they seem a bit smaller. All in all, I'm pretty OK with it.

By the way, my total price was $16,500. I think I did all right. (I'll be keeping the C14, at least for the time being.)
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Picked up another bike Saturday
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 04:15:11 PM »
Long time no see. Good to hear from you. Luck with the new bike. How's the warranty?

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 05:15:35 PM »
 Still has 2 years left. We'll see how I feel about things as the warranty is about to expire.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline eng943

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 02:37:49 PM »
Congrats. I recently moved to a K16GT. My C14 had a flashed ECU and an exhaust, and I'd agree that my K16GT isn't as quick. However, it's no slouch either and isn't off by much. The roll on torque is incredible even two up. Butter smooth, and the inline 6 makes some really sexy screams.

Much more comfortable on the K16GT than I was on the C14 as well. Went to a spot where I had taken the C14, parked on a small 2-3 percent grade where I had to get some help pushing the C14 out. This time I popped the K16 in reverse....nice.

Enjoy your B. I see quite a few on the road. Lots of very high mile K16's out there now. Great bikes.         
2017 C14 - AST Risers / Peg Lowering kit / mccruise /Garmin 595/Shoodaben MR / Area P / Kawi Touring Seat.
Second Bike 2017 BMW R12R