Author Topic: USPS Fail  (Read 2632 times)

Offline JoeRau

• Arena
USPS Fail
« on: September 22, 2014, 01:39:26 PM »

A month back I picked negotiated a deal to buy a Throttlemeister from one of the Concours groups on Facebook.  All was great with the seller.  Great communication, item was just as advertized, shipped quickly (aside from the USPS dragging their feet- more on USPS to come) and I went to install it.  I was missing the sleeve that goes under the grip.  The seller forgot to remove it and include in the original box.  No problem, seller removed it from his bike & shipped it, priority with tracking number  ON SEPT 5TH!. - expected delivery 9/12.  A week goes by with no delivery, so I check the tracking number.  Last scan was 9/12 at 10:17 PM leaving St Paul, MN.  On 9/17 I submit an inquiry form online with promise of resolution in 24 hours.  I get NOTHING back.  Today I spend 20 minutes calling in to find out where my package is.  The USPS answer... Blame the shipper for not using a proper package.  The CS rep said it was just in a plain envelope so it must have been torn open in the sorting machines.  She could not confirm that it was torn open, but that must have been what happened.  They can't even provide the damaged package.
I have had fairly good service from the USPS in the past.  That ended today.  Very angry to say the least! 
Now I can add USPS to my list of "never" stores.  Along with Target and several others.
2012 C14.  Black
COG member 10990

Offline sherob

• Arena
Re: USPS Fail
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 02:12:45 PM »
They all fail miserably one day... FedEx, UPS, USPS, Bob's Overnight Package Service... they will all fail you one day.
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 02:19:14 PM »
What year is your bike?
With the factory heated grips, mine work better without the sleeve.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline JoeRau

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 02:41:32 PM »
What year is your bike?
With the factory heated grips, mine work better without the sleeve.
Mine is a '12.  What do you use in place of the sleeve?
2012 C14.  Black
COG member 10990

Offline JoeRau

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 02:47:10 PM »
Update... Just now I get a reply back on my online complaint form.  Try back in 30 days, item could be in Atlanta at a recovery warehouse....
2012 C14.  Black
COG member 10990

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 02:53:59 PM »
Those heated grops are very stiff. I tried the sleeve, and had a heck of a time getting it under the grip. After some switching things around, my TM works perfect with out the sleeve. Like I said, the grips are very stiff.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 06:46:10 AM »
So what the CS rep said was don't send letters in a plain envelope because the machines will tear them open.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 06:53:56 AM »
So what the CS rep said was don't send letters in a plain envelope because the machines will tear them open.

My impression is don't send small objects in a plain envelope as they will get torn open by the machines as they are designed to handle flat envelopes with paper in them....
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010