Author Topic: Tebow?  (Read 9437 times)

Offline r2t2

Re: Tebow?
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 06:56:58 PM »
This Tebow crap is just too much... Ugh. I'm sure they will get their just desserts in short order.

Aw come on John (Elway)... You're just pissed because he broke on of you team records...  :rotflmao: Being a dyed in the wool Redskins fan (that lived in Denver for 15 years), I gotta admit he made the game MOST interesting!

I'd love to see Tebow and the Broncos go all the way... And kick major ass the whole way. Tell that wouldn't make for the most fun Sleeperbowl in years. Hells bells, he could actually make the game for fun than the commercials.
RayK
'08 C14
'06 BMW M3
'01 BMW 330i

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 06:59:30 PM »
Quote from: mikeboileau on Today at 10:50:45 am

Re fixted

Nicely done!

Son of Pappy

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2012, 08:19:10 PM »
Nicely done!
Did Favre come out of retirement again?  Just saying ;)

valkmc

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 10:25:28 AM »
Ironic that he threw for 316 yards..

I caught that also...He wore John 3:16 on his face when he played here (UF). Maybe there is a little devine intervention after all, watch out Tom brady.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 10:57:28 AM »
Living in Cleveland brings all sorts of terrible memories whenever anything relating to Denver or Bronco's are mentioned. As the Browns are never going to accomplish much more than shooting themselves in the foot for virtually the rest of my lifetime, I must look to other things to occupy my time during what many call NFL football season as really nothing interests me concerning NFL football. Now, this Tebow guy, I only know him from what I'd call a deluge of hate perpetuated by a clueless newsmedia, MY OPINION ONLY FOLKS. Guy wants to take a knee and thanks his maker for his good fortune when he makes a good play, whats wrong with that? We are pounded daily with the silly,moronic, childish, attention seeking, idiots who dance around and ensure their 15 seconds of idiocity and told this is proper, this is just guys celebrating. But a guy who takes a knee for a private moment alone off to the side, well, he's got to go, that ain't right, we can't have that.  Good luck to him.     
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 11:55:17 AM »
Living in Cleveland brings all sorts of terrible memories whenever anything relating to Denver or Bronco's are mentioned. As the Browns are never going to accomplish much more than shooting themselves in the foot for virtually the rest of my lifetime, I must look to other things to occupy my time during what many call NFL football season as really nothing interests me concerning NFL football. Now, this Tebow guy, I only know him from what I'd call a deluge of hate perpetuated by a clueless newsmedia, MY OPINION ONLY FOLKS. Guy wants to take a knee and thanks his maker for his good fortune when he makes a good play, whats wrong with that? We are pounded daily with the silly,moronic, childish, attention seeking, idiots who dance around and ensure their 15 seconds of idiocity and told this is proper, this is just guys celebrating. But a guy who takes a knee for a private moment alone off to the side, well, he's got to go, that ain't right, we can't have that.  Good luck to him.   

;D ;D ;D

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 04:43:13 PM »
GO PACK GO!!!!

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 07:33:12 PM »
Nicely done!

Thanx. It was a pleasure.

I've been a Packer Backer for most of my adult life, and lived in Minnesnowta for 53 years.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2012, 02:49:00 AM »

Ironic that he threw for 316 yards..

I caught that also...He wore John 3:16 on his face when he played here (UF). Maybe there is a little devine intervention after all, watch out Tom brady.

Plus I just read that he set an NFL playoff record by averaging 31.6 yards.. Starting to get strange..
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2012, 03:52:43 PM »
    The Major (really?) media hates and belittles anyone who has any sort of Christian faith.I am not a bible thumper but look at their comments on any public target( politics/sports/hollywood etc). Now I only go to funeral and memorial services at church, or nieces/nephews and the like for marriages..just for the record.
    The cowards never criticize Muslims...I just pointing it out as Tebow is absolutely & roundly hammered by them ..even if its between the lines.(no pun)
    I really don't have an agenda just" the facts ma'am."(you can't believe how long it took me to figure out how to spell that word for a women  ;D ;D)

Mike
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline r2t2

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 09:58:25 PM »
Thanx. It was a pleasure.

I've been a Packer Backer for most of my adult life, and lived in Minnesnowta for 53 years.

You have my condolences sir....  :rotflmao:
RayK
'08 C14
'06 BMW M3
'01 BMW 330i

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2012, 08:21:29 AM »
You have my admiration sir.... 

Fixed....

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2012, 06:55:40 PM »
Can't stand the Holier Than Thou types. Period.

Who the hell has an autobiography published when they're 22?

It's not like he cured cancer and brought us world peace.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2012, 07:01:10 PM »
I can't stand intolerant people ;)

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2012, 08:26:08 PM »

Someone far more interesting than us.

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2012, 09:44:53 PM »
Can't stand the Holier Than Thou Me types. Period.
<snip>It's not like he cured cancer and brought us world peace.

With the edit above, I think you have clearly stated the resentment against Tim Tebow.

As for the last part, it isn't that he has brought us world peace, but seems to have found the source of peace, both inner and world.

I'm not a football fan, so I find it ridiculous that people devote so much of their live to the sport and its personalities, but Tim Tebow seems to be a pretty decent human being.
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2012, 04:54:45 AM »
Can't stand the Holier Than Thou types. Period.

It's not like he cured cancer and brought us world peace.

Money talks, bullsh1t walks.

He may have a strong faith in God but he likes money too. I'm sure that he was paid very well for the book.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2012, 04:23:39 PM »
Some things you just have to share.
GO PATS!!!
Joel from Maine.

Offline jworth

• Arena
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2012, 08:57:43 PM »
Back to the original subject:

The thing about Tebow is that he is only human.  While I appreciate what he stands for especially in the face of tremendous temptation to the contrary, the odds are that he will eventually screw up.  We ALL do.  Even Solomon, the wisest human who ever lived, didn't always do the right thing.  My problem is that whatever slip he has will be magnified 100X because he actually tries to do the right thing most of the time.  I sort of pity the guy.  Too bad we as  a society seem to never tire of tearing down heroes.

Offline kdm

• Arena
  • Lakeland , Florida
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2012, 03:32:11 PM »
For the record - Green Bay Sux !  ;D ;D ;D 

Just felt I had to put that out there . ;)
2001 C10  - sold
2008 C14