Author Topic: snow.... seriously?  (Read 11609 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
snow.... seriously?
« on: October 17, 2015, 03:20:56 PM »
yep.... snow..... damn.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline jettawreck

Re: snow.... seriously?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 04:52:21 PM »
Had some flurries yesterday.
Clear sky overnight brought temps down to 24*. Maybe colder tonight.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 07:00:37 PM »
Finally getting cool enough for some serious riding.  40s to 60s  Perfect weather for those who wear gear.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 07:15:35 PM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 09:22:22 PM »
I hate snow.  I hate the cold.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 04:32:52 AM »
No snow in Atlantic Canada yet. We a couple frosty mornings already, but that's it.
It was still 60*F this week, and down to 40*F at night.

Only warming up to about 45*F today, but sunny. 8)

My wife just started firing up the wood stove this week...just in the evenings. I would hold off until November myself, but my wife the city girl won't hear of it...lol.
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 07:30:53 AM »
Finally getting cool enough for some serious riding.  40s to 60s  Perfect weather for those who wear gear.

:thumbs:

It got down to 26 last night. No snow yet but I have PLENTY of leaves to rake.  :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2015, 07:54:57 AM »

It got down to 26 last night. No snow yet but I have PLENTY of leaves to rake.  :o

41 last night in NE Ga.

+1 on leaves.  I'm riding the orange Husquvarna twin bagger about every other day...
2014 C-14 Red

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 08:36:34 AM »
48 degrees in spots on the way to work this morning. Brrrr. I had to turn on the grip heaters. Tomorrow I may even wear gloves!

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 10:21:28 AM »
Low 30s this morning.  Heated vest and grips were on.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 11:18:05 AM »
Was in Scottsdale for 4 days... 70's and a bit of rain... was the first time in years I was there and it wasn't above 100*.   8)

Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2015, 07:17:08 PM »

Did leaves all day today. ALL day. Raked leaves. Blew leaves. Pulled the lawn sweeper to pick up leaves. Finally even plowed leaves. This works really great! Put the snowplow on the Polaris ATV and you can't believe how well it moves piles of leaves. No more raking onto a tarp, etc. Push those suckers across the yard into the woods and sweep up what's left.
Oh, and took the Connie for a half hour ride when the warden (sorry, the wife) wasn't slave driving. It was a gorgeous fall day. Upper 50's and hardly a breath of wind all day. The lake was like the proverbial mirror.
Colder and rain forecast for tomorrow.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2015, 05:00:45 AM »
Did leaves all day today. ALL day. Raked leaves. Blew leaves. Pulled the lawn sweeper to pick up leaves. Finally even plowed leaves. This works really great! Put the snowplow on the Polaris ATV and you can't believe how well it moves piles of leaves. No more raking onto a tarp, etc. Push those suckers across the yard into the woods and sweep up what's left.
Oh, and took the Connie for a half hour ride when the warden (sorry, the wife) wasn't slave driving. It was a gorgeous fall day. Upper 50's and hardly a breath of wind all day. The lake was like the proverbial mirror.
Colder and rain forecast for tomorrow.

Plowing leaves? That's a good idea! I'm on round 4 of the raking/blowing routine. I've been raking/blowing them onto a huge tarp and pulling them across the street into a field then spreading them out a bit. A couple of years ago I loaded them up into the back of my pick-up (three trips) and hauled them out onto a country road where I removed the tarp and drove 70mph till the truck bed was empty.   :)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2015, 05:25:07 PM »
Did the leaves yesterday so I can ride tomorrow!  (Wifey is working.....) ;)
2014 C-14 Red

Offline Conrad

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2015, 06:20:40 AM »
Did the leaves yesterday so I can ride tomorrow!  (Wifey is working.....) ;)

I did the leaves yesterday too but this morning there's WAY more than I had yesterday! You can't even tell that I did anything yesterday at all! Plus is rained so now I have to deal with a shitload of wet leaves.  :o

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2015, 06:55:36 AM »
I did the leaves yesterday too but this morning there's WAY more than I had yesterday! You can't even tell that I did anything yesterday at all! Plus is rained so now I have to deal with a shitload of wet leaves.  :o

Leaves, a thankless fall chore.  I did round one last weekend.  Round two is today.

To help reduce the pain of that task, I got myself a kick-ass leaf blower, the  Kawasaki KRB750B.

http://www.kawasakienginesusa.com/handheld/blowers/krb750b

Offline Conrad

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2015, 07:28:20 AM »
Leaves, a thankless fall chore.  I did round one last weekend.  Round two is today.

To help reduce the pain of that task, I got myself a kick-ass leaf blower, the  Kawasaki KRB750B.

http://www.kawasakienginesusa.com/handheld/blowers/krb750b

I have a electric blower and it does a good job. The problem is that I have to go out and do it cuz them leaves ain't gonna blow themselves.  :o

Round 5 about to start. 

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2015, 12:03:26 PM »
them leaves ain't gonna blow themselves.  :o

If they could they'd never 'leave' the branch

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2015, 12:06:04 PM »
them leaves ain't gonna blow themselves.  :o

tried it once, fell off the branch and just about broke a stem

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2015, 04:32:12 PM »
nothing I hate more than the sound of a leaf blower when I'm trying to sleep in.... blasted things.... oh, and why do people have to do it everytime 10 leaves are in the yard,  20 consecutive days in a row.... totally anal.

I just mow my yard to the lowest setting, and let the leaves blow where they go..... when the trees are empty, I mow again, and I'm done...

I hate leaf blowers. :cannon: :stirpot: :hitfan: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :1DeadBanana :pukeface:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..