Author Topic: Replacing my DieselGate Jetta with a Mazda CX-5  (Read 11737 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Possibly replacing my DieselGate Jetta with a Mazda CX-5
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2016, 07:10:28 AM »
What response did you get to that?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2016, 07:12:06 AM »
What response did you get to that?

I just sent that last one a few minutes ago. I'll let you know what he says. If I had to guess I'd bet that I get no reply at all.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2016, 04:52:21 AM »
I finally received a reply from the dealer I posted about above. I had to resend my original e-mail to him before I got his reply.

Salesman- Thanks for the reply. I am sorry that you were not happy with the numbers that I provided. If one dealer has 8 in stock. I would think that they would be dealing. If it does not work out as anticipated, send me an email. I will offer invoice pricing. I will be happy to show a factory invoice from Mazda.

So he completely ignored me calling him out on his lies. That dealership is off my list.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2016, 11:21:26 AM »
I finally received a reply from the dealer I posted about above. I had to resend my original e-mail to him before I got his reply.

Salesman- Thanks for the reply. I am sorry that you were not happy with the numbers that I provided. If one dealer has 8 in stock. I would think that they would be dealing. If it does not work out as anticipated, send me an email. I will offer invoice pricing. I will be happy to show a factory invoice from Mazda.

So he completely ignored me calling him out on his lies. That dealership is off my list.

Just way too hard for them to own up to the lie.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2016, 03:10:20 PM »
After the sale go to the offending dealer with the printed emails and ask to see the sales manager and or the owner and explain the situation. Tell them you wanted to give him your business but due to the salesman lying to you he lost the sale.
And tell them due to the one dishonest person you wont have the car serviced there. Service is where they make their money.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2016, 06:33:05 AM »
After the sale go to the offending dealer with the printed emails and ask to see the sales manager and or the owner and explain the situation. Tell them you wanted to give him your business but due to the salesman lying to you he lost the sale.
And tell them due to the one dishonest person you wont have the car serviced there. Service is where they make their money.

Another excellent idea! Fun too!    :thumbs:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2016, 06:52:01 AM »
I'm getting more lies, this time from one of the 'big city' dealers. Maybe I shouldn't call it lies, more like deception I guess.

This salesman in question gave me a great quote in October which put his dealership #2 on my list of 10. I came back to him this month to see what his quote looked like with the new incentives available from Mazda this month. He gave me a new quote but the numbers didn't work out right. I asked him about the discrepancy and he played dumb for 5 or 6 e-mails back and forth between us. Finally he came clean and told me that his dealership had a price increase from October to November and that the quote he gave me in October was no longer valid.

WTF? I asked him why he didn't come right out and tell me that there was a price increase instead of trying to hide the price increase in his numbers and the Mazda incentives. He hemmed and hawed a bit and told me that there was no deception intended on his part. Yeah, right.

Of the 10 Mazda dealers in the area that I'm negotiating with this dealer in the only one who had a price increase from Oct to Nov. I told the salesman this and I also told him that I thought that his dealership saw the great new Mazda incentives for November and decided to jack up their prices, burry the increase in the incentives, and hope that the customer wouldn't notice.

No reply to that yet.

This is some fun!

In contrast. The three dealerships at the top of my list have given me a good prices with no attached bullshit. They're straightforward and to the point and answer my questions when asked.

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2016, 07:08:36 AM »
And you're buying Mazda why?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2016, 10:02:46 AM »
Why am I buying a Mazda?

Car and Driver rates the CX-5 tops in the segment. http://www.caranddriver.com/mazda/cx-5

Motor Trend also rates the Mazda top in it's class.  http://www.motortrend.com/cars/mazda/cx-5/2016/small-crossover-comparison-big-test/
                                                                         http://www.motortrend.com/cars/mazda/cx-5/2016/2016-mazda-cx-5-grand-touring-awd-first-test-review/

Consumer Reports also rates it highly, not at the top but close.

Lots of other reviews of the Mazda that put it near or at the top of the list.

In all the reviews of small SUV/Crossovers the reviewers consistently say that the CX-5 is fun to drive and it's handling beats all others hands down. Plus it gets the best gas mileage of the lot and it's the quickest.

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2016, 12:52:07 PM »
I like Mazda's as well but if the dealers are sh*t then they can rust in the lot.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2016, 04:28:23 AM »
I like Mazda's as well but if the dealers are sh*t then they can rust in the lot.

I didn't mean to make it sound like all the dealers are difficult to work with. Of the 10 only 3 have been like that.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2016, 04:43:32 AM »
I got fed up with the dealership that I mentioned in post #26 above and sent this. I know, I'm a mean man...

"Here's how all this looks from my point of view.

You had to know that I was referencing your October quote with the numbers I copied and pasted directly from the quote in your October 18th e-mail. You saw that I was trying to find out where the price difference was coming from. All along you knew that the price difference was from your dealership's October to November price increase. But you played dumb about the whole thing, appearing to burry the price increase in your numbers along with the Mazda's November incentives.

Why you didn't just come right out and tell me that October's quote was no longer valid and that there was a $300 price increase for November I have no idea. Yes, you told me, but right at the very end.

I'm negotiating with around 10 area Mazda dealers for the CX-5 and do you know that your dealership is the ONLY dealer who had a price increase from October to November?

You know what I think? I think that your dealership saw all the great Mazda incentives starting in November and your dealership decided to jack up their prices and hope that your customers wouldn't notice because of the Mazda incentives will hide the price increase. Did you think that I wouldn't notice?

I'm guessing that you've been selling cars for a while and that you know exactly what your doing. I won't be dicked around and that's what you've been doing with me.

Now I know how you and your dealership do business..."

The reply to the above saw me handed off to a female sales person who wrote.

"Good afternoon to you. I wanted to reach out as Lee is out of the office today. I am so sorry that you feel you have not been treated fairly. I do see that there has been some concern over the pricing, and I am happy to jump in.

I do want you to know that Lee is not a salesperson but a customer experience representative. He works to provide the information he is given from the sales team out to our customers to make sure they have the information that they need. So please know that he is given the pricing and relays that information on.

I would be happy to work hand in hand with you on pricing to clearly lay out what we can do to try and earn your business. I am sorry this process has been confusing, and I really do hope that I can help make it a better experience if you would allow me to.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope I can work to earn your business and trust back."

There's no confusion on my part as I know exactly what's going on...

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2016, 04:58:38 AM »
WOW...talk about a patronizing, condescending load of BS....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2016, 06:47:25 AM »
We went Mazda shopping yesterday and inked the deal on a 2016.5 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD in Titanium with black leather interior with 3 miles on the odo.  :)

Adding up all the incentives available from Mazda took $2,250 off the already great price that we got!

That includes the Mazda incentive of $750 for owners of VW TDIs involved in the DieselGate emissions scandal.   ;D Yeah baby!

VW is buying back our TDI on 11/29 and we're picking up our new Mazda on 12/3.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2016, 06:59:44 AM »
congrats C, pics when you get it.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2016, 08:27:31 AM »
Thanks G!

Even my wife is excited about the new Mazda now.   :)

By the way, I hate driving to and in Chicago. People are assholes and I was involved with some dickhead who had major road rage issues on I-88. My wife was so upset that it almost ruined our entire day. Not to mention that the asshole almost caused an accident. If not for my cat like reflexes...   ;)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2016, 08:33:09 AM »
I can sympathize with your opinion of the city. St Louis with the family on occasions it can't be avoided.

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2016, 09:25:27 AM »
There's too many idiots on the road all over.  Heck I got them in my community and we don't have that much population.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2016, 06:16:33 AM »
There's too many idiots on the road all over.  Heck I got them in my community and we don't have that much population.

Thick as thieves those idiots. Some of them even vote...

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2016, 06:21:18 AM »
Some of those even vote for the wrong people.  ;)