Author Topic: And this is why  (Read 1870 times)

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
And this is why
« on: April 28, 2017, 08:48:30 AM »
you shouldn't use your front brake whilst filtering ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sRckwwz0W4
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: And this is why
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 09:14:44 AM »
dummass

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 10:35:21 AM »
That's embarasing.

Have you seen those commercials where the theme is "ever wish you were somewhere else?" That's what this guy was doing while laying there staring at the road, close up like.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 11:30:17 AM »
Wow, that was a pretty extreme stoppie.  It is almost surreal too.... he wasn't going fast at all and didn't appear to be leaning forward (from what I could see).  Makes one wonder if there was equipment failure of some sort (like the the brakes seized on or grabbed or ABS went haywire).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 12:16:15 PM »
was indeed an odd one, worth noting BTW that the bike is a 125 with L(earner) plates on.

Actually looks like a Honda CBR125
--

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 02:28:04 PM »
was indeed an odd one, worth noting BTW that the bike is a 125 with L(earner) plates on.

I didn't notice that, but I was wondering if it was a really light/short wheelbase motorcycle, which would help to explain it.  It would take a LOT more than what we saw to do a stoppie on a Concours :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 03:24:42 PM »
OK, I am gonna' need an English- English translation of your use of 'filtering'. Here we use 'filtering' to keep the grounds out of the coffee, and the bad chemicals from cigarettes out of our lungs (yeah, that's the ticket). The only thing I can imagine one could filter motorcycles for would be to separate the big ones from the small ones.

;D and  ???

Brian

you shouldn't use your front brake whilst filtering ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sRckwwz0W4
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 03:45:50 PM »
OK, I am gonna' need an English- English translation of your use of 'filtering'. Here we use 'filtering' to keep the grounds out of the coffee, and the bad chemicals from cigarettes out of our lungs (yeah, that's the ticket). The only thing I can imagine one could filter motorcycles for would be to separate the big ones from the small ones.

;D and  ???

Brian

making progress with caution through stationary or slow moving traffic

lane splitting
--

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 04:01:18 PM »
Gotcha', thanks. I will add it to the mental Rolodex....

OFFTOPIC: Is that legal in the UK? Mostly not legal here in the US, with the exception of California. I personally almost never do it because 1) a C-14 is the wrong bike for that IMO and IME, 2) I have ZERO trust in either auto in that they will stay near the middle of their lane.... or even in their lane at all and 3) it is a great way to have a bike / auto impact when a car suddenly decides to change lanes, even though there is an auto in the next lane.  ::) Have had two riding partners have accidents doing this and I was simply lucky that they both happened to be in front of me and I got to watch instead of participate.

Brian

making progress with caution through stationary or slow moving traffic

lane splitting
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 04:17:59 PM »
Gotcha', thanks. I will add it to the mental Rolodex....

OFFTOPIC: Is that legal in the UK?

Yup and the best reason for commuting by bike daily:)

Oh and its a doddle on the C14 compared to the bird due to the more upright seating position and  given that the mirrors are the widest part, think of them as cats whiskers :)

(the Givis I had on the bird were about an inch and a bit wider each side than the mirrors which made filtering intersting on occasion )
--

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 08:05:00 PM »
Yeah well the last time I remember doing much in the way of lane splitting, it was on a Yamaha 500 TX.

Now, in my old age wisdom (or is that [less stupid]?), and with bigger bikes, it just is not worth the effort anymore.  ;)

Brian

Yup and the best reason for commuting by bike daily:)

Oh and its a doddle on the C14 compared to the bird due to the more upright seating position and  given that the mirrors are the widest part, think of them as cats whiskers :)

(the Givis I had on the bird were about an inch and a bit wider each side than the mirrors which made filtering intersting on occasion )