Author Topic: New Red 2012..  (Read 15878 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: New Red 2012..
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012, 06:26:56 AM »
I've only put 1000 miles on my Connie so far and I will tell you that all my other bikes feel different now.  I can't quite put my finger on it, but they do feel different.  I notice I am revving them a little higher than I used to.

Same thing happened to me when I bought my 08.  I was still riding the C10 at the time.  After a few weeks on the C14 the C10's brakes were totally inadequate, the suspension was mush, the engine sounded rough and there wasn't any power.  Bear in mind that I found nothing wrong with the bike before I bought the C14.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline texrider

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2012, 01:43:18 PM »
Same thing happened to me when I bought my 08.  I was still riding the C10 at the time.  After a few weeks on the C14 the C10's brakes were totally inadequate, the suspension was mush, the engine sounded rough and there wasn't any power.  Bear in mind that I found nothing wrong with the bike before I bought the C14.

And, only a certain brand of spicy mustard would do!  ;D
2014 Valkyrie

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2012, 04:04:08 PM »
 :)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 1goindiesel

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2012, 05:20:23 PM »
Here is a pic of my new rocket.. Just got back from a ride, what a wonderful bike. I have not seen any RPM
above 4000 yet but I have been riding over 80 a good bit, I can see speeding tickets in my future  :hail:
2012 red Kaw Connie, 09 HD Springer Crossbones

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 05:56:13 PM »
Here is a pic of my new rocket..

Great!  I like the color, it is kinda burgundy or wine or something.  "Red"?  No :)

Just got back from a ride, what a wonderful bike. I have not seen any RPM
above 4000 yet but I have been riding over 80 a good bit, I can see speeding tickets in my future  :hail:

Indeed.  You won't believe the bike once you are not trapped below 4k.  So if you are impressed with the bike already, it will blow you away later.    Sporty, Japanese, inline-4 engines really don't like being shifted below 4k :)   Even "super relaxed econo-mode" riding, I still shift above 5.5K most of the time.

Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Turbo810

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 05:57:31 PM »
 :thumbs: Very nice.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2012, 09:02:39 PM »
Mmmm....  :P

Drinking red wine makes me feel so upper class...  ;) :chugbeer:

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2012, 02:35:45 AM »
Did somebody say beer?

Get a radar detector, I found out cruising speed on these things is 80.......

Offline rtarp1

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2012, 08:19:26 AM »
i wouldnt call that red.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2012, 08:25:45 AM »
Mmmm....  :P

Drinking red wine makes me feel so upper class...  ;) :chugbeer:

You're right Z, you just ooze class when you drink that stuff.

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2012, 08:53:33 AM »

:rotflmao:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2012, 09:58:32 AM »

Mad Dog....that brings back some memories....all bad.

Offline 1goindiesel

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2012, 10:23:31 AM »
It actually looks brownish red, My wife says its mahogany, I defer to her as its more peaceful that way, mahogany it is. Now I need to find out what color she thinks V&H is... ::)
The thing that really stands out to me is what a crazy VALUE this thing is, I am used to
buying bikes and there have been a lot of a brand that I will not mention again on this forum..ahem..lucky to get a few hundred off on those. THOUSANDS off on this super fine machine just blows me away, I LOVE a value and this was a true value.

Twowheeladdict...you need more bikes :hail:

Been researching on here what remove "flies", at least I have figured out in this case bug remover is not indicated :-\

Offline JeffM

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2012, 10:56:15 AM »
Mind letting us know what you paid out the door for it? There are a few of us in the market. =)

Beautiful bike. I wasn't sure if I hated or loved that red when I first saw it, but it's really grown on me.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2012, 10:58:13 AM »
It actually looks brownish red, My wife says its mahogany, I defer to her as its more peaceful that way, mahogany it is. Now I need to find out what color she thinks V&H is... ::)
The thing that really stands out to me is what a crazy VALUE this thing is, I am used to
buying bikes and there have been a lot of a brand that I will not mention again on this forum..ahem..lucky to get a few hundred off on those. THOUSANDS off on this super fine machine just blows me away, I LOVE a value and this was a true value.

Twowheeladdict...you need more bikes :hail:

Been researching on here what remove "flies", at least I have figured out in this case bug remover is not indicated :-\

I beg to differ

[smg id=253]

[smg id=254]

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline 1goindiesel

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2012, 11:08:02 AM »
Ok Conrad, in your case it would mean flies, buzz buzz flies. In my case it has something to do with the secondaries in the intake (like I said I am a Kawi noob).
Jeff, It was 14k all in. Got quoted 13,7xx.xx all in from the Irving TX  Kawi dealer but this one was local. That was the Kawi Irving price -no haggling needed 8)
so I took this one. We have a 6.x sales tax in TX, Personally it seems like a smokin' deal for what
you get.

This color is really "rich" looking too, personally I really dig it.   

BTW, THANK YOU to whomever posted it on this forum and mentioned the dealer in Irving as a great place to get a buy on these bikes, sorry I do not remember the thread. This forum saved me some money for sure. 

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2012, 11:28:47 AM »
Pics of bike or it didn't happen........ 
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline JeffM

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2012, 12:15:04 PM »
Wow! That's a steal. Bert's near me wants over 17.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2012, 12:53:17 PM »
Ok Conrad, in your case it would mean flies, buzz buzz flies. In my case it has something to do with the secondaries in the intake (like I said I am a Kawi noob).
Jeff, It was 14k all in. Got quoted 13,7xx.xx all in from the Irving TX  Kawi dealer but this one was local. That was the Kawi Irving price -no haggling needed 8)
so I took this one. We have a 6.x sales tax in TX, Personally it seems like a smokin' deal for what
you get.

This color is really "rich" looking too, personally I really dig it.   

BTW, THANK YOU to whomever posted it on this forum and mentioned the dealer in Irving as a great place to get a buy on these bikes, sorry I do not remember the thread. This forum saved me some money for sure.

Nice price, congrats!

Offline 1goindiesel

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2012, 02:12:02 PM »
Pics of bike or it didn't happen........

OK, doubting Thomas...see reply #23 ::)