Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 455525 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: What makes me crazy....
« Reply #500 on: September 17, 2014, 07:51:04 AM »
lesson learned, why did I experience it over and over before seeing it in the chilton auto restoration manual

Truth!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #501 on: September 17, 2014, 04:16:59 PM »
I lost a very tiny screw today.  I knew where I put it and it just wasn't there anymore.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #502 on: September 18, 2014, 04:41:12 AM »

I lost a very tiny screw today.  I knew where I put it and it just wasn't there anymore.

Dropped bolts and screws get teleported to the same place lost socks go. Plus, have you ever seen the infamous one shoe laying on the side of the road? It's mate went to the same place as the other stuff.  :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #503 on: September 18, 2014, 04:44:00 AM »
Or possibly here...  I can say that there were no Great Danes on the premises but there were plenty of cats.

http://khon2.com/2014/09/03/great-dane-eats-43-socks-feels-great-next-day/
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #504 on: September 18, 2014, 04:52:06 AM »
Drop any small object while in the engine room on board a tug or ship and it absolutely without fail fall straight through the closest gap or hole in our deck plating system and down into the bilges.... Multi-Tools & Flashlights are my favorite things to drop into the 9-foot deep bilges in my engine room.....
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline Conrad

« Reply #505 on: September 18, 2014, 04:58:58 AM »
Or possibly here...  I can say that there were no Great Danes on the premises but there were plenty of cats.

http://khon2.com/2014/09/03/great-dane-eats-43-socks-feels-great-next-day/

I wonder if those socks were clean or not?   :o

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #506 on: September 19, 2014, 10:54:59 AM »
Dropped bolts and tools roll to the exact geographic center underneath the vehicle if they don't land in the spot where light or vision is impossible and the space is exactly one half the dimension of your hand or finger.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #507 on: September 19, 2014, 11:11:53 AM »
...and the space is exactly one half the dimension of your hand or finger...

Or exactly 1 inch farther away than the length you can reach, even with any easily accessible tool...

Jamie
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #508 on: September 19, 2014, 11:12:15 AM »
What I find worse is the stuff I drop that does NOT hit the floor at all. Then I have to wonder for days, weeks or longer..... is it sitting in the fairing or the bottom of the fan shroud?

Brian

Dropped bolts and tools roll to the exact geographic center underneath the vehicle if they don't land in the spot where light or vision is impossible and the space is exactly one half the dimension of your hand or finger.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline tomp

« Reply #509 on: September 19, 2014, 04:24:49 PM »
Bit of a change here.  What drives me crazy?  The fact that I'm 64, spent 46 successful years working , and now cannot get a single person/company  to hire me for any level of work.   Seems I have nothing to offer anymore.  Not whining, actually kinda pi$$ed that The Pendulum swung from one side to the other in no time at all, but getting it to swing back is taking so much longer.   FWIW, I came from a small industry, and someone an my last company has been doing/saying some illegal things, to keep me from returning, to compete with them.  Impossible to prove, but true none the less.  OK, rant over... tomp

Oh yeah, I hate the dropped calls that happen to regularly on my cell phone...   tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #510 on: September 19, 2014, 04:35:16 PM »
Bit of a change here.  What drives me crazy?  The fact that I'm 64, spent 46 successful years working , and now cannot get a single person/company  to hire me for any level of work.   Seems I have nothing to offer anymore.  Not whining, actually kinda pi$$ed that The Pendulum swung from one side to the other in no time at all, but getting it to swing back is taking so much longer.   FWIW, I came from a small industry, and someone an my last company has been doing/saying some illegal things, to keep me from returning, to compete with them.  Impossible to prove, but true none the less.  OK, rant over... tomp

Oh yeah, I hate the dropped calls that happen to regularly on my cell phone...   tp

^^^sux!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #511 on: September 19, 2014, 04:57:01 PM »
Walmart!

Unrelated....Pabst Blue Ribbon sold to the Russkies!  :yikes:   How can that happen?  I thought there were sanctions going on?  Evidently not on 'beer'?

It get's worse... http://consumerist.com/2014/09/19/pabst-blue-ribbon-schlitz-brewer-purchased-by-russian-beverage-company/

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #512 on: September 20, 2014, 05:41:19 AM »
This just in.....Saturday morning cartoons are essentially non-existent and I'm bloody pissed about it.  I decided it's been long enough (45years +) and I got my morning coffee, sat down, and turned on the TV looking for Saturday cartoons on the traditional network channels....not there  >:( .  All sorts of other crap but no cartoon.  No Warner Brothers, no Space Ghost, no Scooby, no nothing!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #513 on: September 20, 2014, 06:16:52 AM »
Walmart!

Unrelated....Pabst Blue Ribbon sold to the Russkies!  :yikes:   How can that happen?  I thought there were sanctions going on?  Evidently not on 'beer'?

It get's worse... http://consumerist.com/2014/09/19/pabst-blue-ribbon-schlitz-brewer-purchased-by-russian-beverage-company/

Wait, PBR is beer?    :-[

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #514 on: September 20, 2014, 07:09:14 AM »
Breakfast of Champions or it used to be.  Not everyone has access to the good stuff. 

Offline Conrad

« Reply #515 on: September 20, 2014, 07:17:26 AM »
Breakfast of Champions or it used to be.  Not everyone has access to the good stuff.

So it would seem...     ;)

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #516 on: September 21, 2014, 11:51:29 AM »
This just in.....Saturday morning cartoons are essentially non-existent and I'm bloody pissed about it.  I decided it's been long enough (45years +) and I got my morning coffee, sat down, and turned on the TV looking for Saturday cartoons on the traditional network channels....not there  >:( .  All sorts of other crap but no cartoon.  No Warner Brothers, no Space Ghost, no Scooby, no nothing!

You mean Cartoon Network is gone?  ;D
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #517 on: September 21, 2014, 01:13:55 PM »
I'm aware of the cartoon network, I have grandchildren living with me.  It's not the same, unfortunately.  Many of the WB (Bugs Bunny) stuff has been censored or edited either for content or length. 

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #518 on: September 21, 2014, 03:23:24 PM »
youtube still carries the violent cartoons we grew up with, and they serve it up 4 hours at a time and have millions of hits.

http://youtu.be/TUCO1hjzb9k
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #519 on: September 22, 2014, 06:10:34 AM »
Wow! Thanks!   :finger_fing11: