Author Topic: New C14 Owner...did I make a mistake?  (Read 9646 times)

Offline Zacharykro6

Re: New C14 Owner...did I make a mistake?
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2016, 06:47:23 AM »
So Im still not in love with my bikes ergos. Today I installed "Phil's now Murph's wedges" and went for a ride to test them out. About a minute into the ride I notice a red light and NO TRANSPONDER on the screen......Crap, where is my FOB???

This KIPASS system sucks! Long story short, I found it on the road only to see it being run over by multiple vehicles as they passed...its toast.

Any leads on the best price for a replacement? ThumperTalk is the lowest Ive found at $268.63!

That sucks! I had my own kipass mishap the other day, left the key in the on position and killed my battery! Never would happen on my 1982 bike where key on = headlight on, I would have noticed that.

soooo did the wedges make a difference? Or are you stuck with no key now
Every thing I drive is special and makes me excited just looking at it

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2016, 07:11:49 AM »
It's all in the way you choose to view the situation. As long as you think that the bike sucks, it will suck. Remember, the only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is your attitude.

There are some on this forum that love their bikes in stock trim, others have spent over $1000 to get their bike the way they wanted it. Motorcycles are an amazingly personal thing, what works well for one may be like a medieval torture machine to others.

The C14 is a WONDERFUL machine. It's fast, smooth, dependable, can handle like it's on rails, and it will take all you can give it then ask for more. With attributes like that, spending the time and $ to get it to "fit" is a worth while investment. But that's just MY attitude about it....
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2016, 07:29:29 AM »
It's all in the way you choose to view the situation. As long as you think that the bike sucks, it will suck. Remember, the only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is your attitude.

There are some on this forum that love their bikes in stock trim, others have spent over $1000 to get their bike the way they wanted it. Motorcycles are an amazingly personal thing, what works well for one may be like a medieval torture machine to others.

The C14 is a WONDERFUL machine. It's fast, smooth, dependable, can handle like it's on rails, and it will take all you can give it then ask for more. With attributes like that, spending the time and $ to get it to "fit" is a worth while investment. But that's just MY attitude about it....

+1!! Totally have to agree
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2016, 08:14:20 AM »
+2

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2016, 06:36:43 AM »
+3
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline DaddyFlip

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2016, 07:12:45 AM »
+4

Why don't FOB haters leave it in the glove box and take the stove knob key with them?
2001 ZR-7s "Ol' Red"
1995 FXDWG

Offline Conrad

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2016, 09:08:38 AM »
+4

Why don't FOB haters leave it in the glove box and take the stove knob key with them?

There's something inherently wrong with these FOB haters so there's no making sense in the things that they do or don't do...    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Zacharykro6

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2016, 09:29:16 AM »
I dont think the op is saying his bike sucks, and he is already invested in aftermarket parts and has had the bike around 3 months.

I find it difficult (presumptive maybe) to judge poster's attitudes but can completely understand frustration at losing riding time and having to pay out for a simple mistake, others apparently see it as a blessing.  :stirpot:

KIPASS is one unique feature of this bike and, like the bike itself, takes time to become familiar.   
Every thing I drive is special and makes me excited just looking at it

Offline zarticus

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2016, 12:05:39 PM »
Leave the fob in the glove box, then use the stove knob key as you would any other bike. Problem solved & fob haters quit crying !
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 -  Candy Arabian Red
2014 Kawasaki Vaquero - Candy Burnt Orange
1986 Honda V65 Magna - Black
1984 Honda V65 Magna - Black