Author Topic: My C10's Resurrection  (Read 32180 times)

Offline SaturationDyes

Re: My C10's Resurrection
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2016, 12:28:32 AM »
Also added two 12v outlet to charge my phone for gps and to be able to charge a sena blue tooth unit. Hide the outlets in the tool tray above the battery

Offline SaturationDyes

« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2017, 01:49:22 PM »
quick up date. Bike would idle but as soon as you touched the throttle it would die so i pulled the carbs again and gave them another full clean. Got the bike running now still have some problems. It will shut off when under hard throttle. Stall out and die. Got it running enough to hand off to a friend who will get it running correctly. Then gonna redo the fork with new springs and maybe emulators. Then get rubbers on it and ready to ride. I hope.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2017, 02:14:07 PM »
6 monthes ago, you got the bike to fire.... but it wouldn't run right at that time...
Now, after cleaning carbs somewhat, it fired again, and ran poorly....

I have to ask, did you remove that tank, dump that turpentine that used to be fuel, and dompletely flush and rinse that tank out.... or did you just try to start the bike after "adding" some gas to that tank....

Start over, and get that tank cleaned before anything else.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline SaturationDyes

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2017, 09:32:52 AM »
Ok finally got the bike running good. End problem and probably the problem the whole time ended up being previous owners fault. The two larger t-fitting on the carbs that used to run into the carcoal canisiter(i believe) were capped. The bike would run and rev great for the first 2mins after it started. But would start to cut out like it was straved for gas. We eliminated the gas tank by using a fuel bottle and still had the same problem so knew it wasnt the petcock. We then decieded that the carb wasnt venting properly and possible creating a vaccum within the carb. Took the little caps off and ran great.

Ran it around town for 30mins and all is well. No oil leaks. Tranny shifts great. Gonna pull the forks this weekend if i have time and hand them over to a friend to rebuild and install emulators. Now i gotta call the dmv and hope the previous owner wasnt lying about it being on non op. Hope they dont try to screw me. 

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2017, 09:44:08 AM »
Did you put this time and money in the bike without a title?

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2017, 02:46:14 PM »
Ok finally got the bike running good. End problem and probably the problem the whole time ended up being previous owners fault. The two larger t-fitting on the carbs that used to run into the carcoal canisiter(i believe) were capped. The bike would run and rev great for the first 2mins after it started. But would start to cut out like it was straved for gas. We eliminated the gas tank by using a fuel bottle and still had the same problem so knew it wasnt the petcock. We then decieded that the carb wasnt venting properly and possible creating a vaccum within the carb. Took the little caps off and ran great.

Ran it around town for 30mins and all is well. No oil leaks. Tranny shifts great. Gonna pull the forks this weekend if i have time and hand them over to a friend to rebuild and install emulators. Now i gotta call the dmv and hope the previous owner wasnt lying about it being on non op. Hope they dont try to screw me.

Ahhhh.... the bowl vent plugged syndrome..... I see now.

And yes, those are vents, OEM condition has a clear plastic line from each, that runs upwards, and along the spine of the frame, and the hoses terminate up there just ahead of the battery box, on the frame...
There are metal clips up there hat hold them in place normally..
I've seen them completely clogged by spider egg pods before, and its tough to see all the time..

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline SaturationDyes

« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2017, 08:53:37 AM »
Gpink. No it has a title but in california if someone doesnt register a vehicle as non-op when not in use it will have back fees.  So the preveous owner told me it was on non-op but hes been wrong about a lot of things so far so we will see.

Currently im waiting on some fork parts. And a thermostat housing oring that started to leak when i bumped the t-stat. And some dash light bulbs.

Had some heart breaking moment recently with the bike. Took it for a quick spin after getting the carb probably all delt with. Heard this awful noise coming from the top end. Like a metalic rattling sound. And figured the worse. Took the head off to check if something was broken or loose in there and all was good. Turned out to be a loose cover that was installed to block of the "reed valve". Checked the valves while i was in there. Looks like preveous owner checked them with a flat head screwdriver.

Offline SaturationDyes

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2017, 01:25:50 PM »
Latest update. Got all coolant leaks taken care of. Got the fork rebuilt with racetech emulators and new springs. Took it for a little ride around town in its torn down state and all went well. Now time to redo the wiring for the stick coils to a finished product and put the body work back on for the first time since ive had it.

Offline SaturationDyes

« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2017, 10:53:25 AM »
Well the resurrection is conplete. I just drove 40miles to bishop, ca to register the bike. Hope they dont try to screw me. Ill try and figure out how to post pictures soon

Offline SaturationDyes

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2017, 03:44:56 AM »
well time to test my work. Got the bike all prepped for a 1500-2000mile round trip ride.

Who can point me in the right direction of how to post some pictures from an iPhone.