Author Topic: High-Speed Wobble -- Can't Get Rid of It, Please Help! [UPDATE: SOLVED!]  (Read 994 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Whoops- my mistake, I did not even realize I was in the C-10 forum.

I am apparently a little unusual in that I have never owned, worked on, ridden or gained much of any knowledge about C-10's. I was introduced to the Concours starting with the 08, 1400 model and so do not know anything about what swaps, what is like it was on the C-10 and so forth. I claim complete ignorance :-)

Not sure what size T.R.B. fits the C-14 but it is a standard industry size, readily available at any bearing house. I am using a set of the brand 'All Balls' but do not recommend them as they are of poor quality although for this application, they do seem to work fine. What I would do would be to take out the stock bearings, measure them and then grab some from a local bearing supplier such as Kaman, or even a reputable place on-line.

Sorry for jumping into this thread by accident, and none of my information applies to a C-10 as far as I know.

Brian

Sounds like great news Rob.
Glad you finally found the problem.
I see you went back to the stock tire on the rear.
Wish there were other radial choices.
Are you planning a trip?

BDF: Rob's bike is a C-10.
        But, this is the first I've read about the C-14 having a front end problem, and that it does not have TRB's..
         Sounds like a good fix.
        What (Tapered Roller bearings) and races would you order to install in the bike?
         Would C-10 bearings/races work?

Ride safe, Ted
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline scubadoguk

https://youtu.be/uNwQK_HIHRU

i hope that nothing ever ends like this for anyone else.
poo poo occurs..British by birth American by choice

Offline zx6rob

Sounds like great news Rob.
Glad you finally found the problem.
I see you went back to the stock tire on the rear.
Wish there were other radial choices.
Are you planning a trip?

BDF: Rob's bike is a C-10.
        But, this is the first I've read about the C-14 having a front end problem, and that it does not have TRB's..
         Sounds like a good fix.
        What (Tapered Roller bearings) and races would you order to install in the bike?
         Would C-10 bearings/races work?

Ride safe, Ted

No trips in the near future, but my daily commute is about 45 miles one-way, almost all freeway, so I need my girl to be at her best at those speeds.

The stock Dunlop is okay, not super-great, but good for packing on the miles.  However, I have a 17" rear wheel from a Vulcan Mean Streak that I will be having machined to fit the Concours rear end later this summer, after I have gotten some use out of my new K700G.  That should significantly improve my available tire selection.

I am just over the moon that my bike is stable again.  I very, very nearly swapped her for a 40,000-mile ZZR1200, but I think I'm actually glad I stuck with Connie in the end.  I don't need the top-end on the ZZR, and Connie carries more stuff.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Whoops- my mistake, I did not even realize I was in the C-10 forum.

I am apparently a little unusual in that I have never owned, worked on, ridden or gained much of any knowledge about C-10's. I was introduced to the Concours starting with the 08, 1400 model and so do not know anything about what swaps, what is like it was on the C-10 and so forth. I claim complete ignorance :-)

Not sure what size T.R.B. fits the C-14 but it is a standard industry size, readily available at any bearing house. I am using a set of the brand 'All Balls' but do not recommend them as they are of poor quality although for this application, they do seem to work fine. What I would do would be to take out the stock bearings, measure them and then grab some from a local bearing supplier such as Kaman, or even a reputable place on-line.

Sorry for jumping into this thread by accident, and none of my information applies to a C-10 as far as I know.

Brian

:battle: :rotflmao: :nuts:

As a side note, the only wobble (decel) I ever had with my C10 was due to the front tire.  Went away after I eventually changed it out.
  "LOCTITE┬«"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology.  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.