Author Topic: Tire changing tidbit, new to me  (Read 3727 times)

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
Tire changing tidbit, new to me
« on: June 23, 2017, 09:37:42 PM »
Apparently the tire changer at your local small town tire shop doesn't know the difference between an 18" truck tire and a motorcycle tire.

Further, said tire changer pays no never mind to a motorcycle tire brand, or motorcycle tire size.

And I understand said tire changer usage may be a tad less than a dealer.

Learned this from Harry and Coty (Dutch). Harry said "A tire is a tire".

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Tire changing tidbit, new to me
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 09:04:34 AM »
Mine does.  Never had any issues with them.   $20 to demount/mount and balance.  Course I take the wheel off for them.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 08:26:15 PM »
Last tires on the G37S were done at Costo.  I had to go back three times to have the balanced over again.  Ug

Thankfully, I have actually had better luck with the C14 both at the dealer and this Precision place.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 07:08:30 AM »
What else would a tire be?

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 07:41:26 PM »
Not around here.  A few years ago I stopped at a local Les Schwab to see about a permanent plug patch in the rear tire of my Wee-Strom.  I had the tire off and with me in my truck.  They said, "No way, we are not allowed to touch motorcycle tires, due to liability."

WTF???

That's the only bad experience I have ever had with Les Schwab.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 05:41:49 AM »
Many places wont repair car tires any more either.
Why?
Lawsuits.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

sailor_chic

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 08:12:20 AM »
Many places wont repair car tires any more either.
Why?
Lawsuits.

You may be correct about lawsuits, but my opinion is greed. Why only make $10 on a tire plug, when they can sell you at least one tire, labor, "nitrogen"fill. Then while the car is in there, they can do a "complementary" brake inspection, and sell you an expensive brake job as well.
I think the days of a service station are long gone. Good customer service now simply means how fast they can get it in and out, and keep you smiling.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 09:01:43 AM »
Have a liability lawsuit slapped on you because a tire failed after you patched ir(no fault of the patch) and see how long you stay in business.
If your goal is to get them out as fast as possible you wouldnt be recommending extra work.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 09:57:39 AM »
There's a tire place down the road that fixes tires.  Never brought them a MC tire but I can't tell you how many times they've fixed my auto tires.  Never had an issue with any of their fixes.  I've never heard of an auto tire place that won't fix auto tires assuming the puncture is in a place that can be repaired safely.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

sailor_chic

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 11:01:19 AM »
Have a liability lawsuit slapped on you because a tire failed after you patched ir(no fault of the patch) and see how long you stay in business.
If your goal is to get them out as fast as possible you wouldnt be recommending extra work.

Well its quite evident that you have never been in an auto repair shop, or heck even a motorcycle shop as a woman, a blonde woman at that.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 03:08:07 PM »
I tend to agree with Nicole that it is more about profit than safety or liability.  I think the liability excuse is just that- a convenient and plausible way to dismiss the whole concept of tire repair.  They want to sell one or even TWO tires instead.  If an otherwise good condition tire that has simple puncture damage in the tread area is repaired properly FROM THE INSIDE using a cemented patch, there is no more liability or risk of failure than just plain mounting it wrong or damaging it during the mounting/unmounting or grossly over-inflating it (all things that can happen with NEW tires).  Such a repair, even if it failed (and shouldn't) would very, very rarely lead to an accident or catastrophic failure... it is far more likely to just start slowly leaking air (just like ANOTHER puncture would, or a leaking valve/stem).

Even a properly installed plug (installed from the outside) can be perfectly safe and last the lifetime of the rest of the tire, although I would understand if they didn't want to take that risk (since it is really primarily meant to be temporary).

Motorcycle tires ARE significantly different from car tires.  The techniques to remove the wheels, the mounting and unmounting, etc, are far more involved and less known than for cars.  And a tire failure on a motorcycle is far, far more dangerous than on a car.  So if a tire place didn't want to do motorcycle tires at all, THAT I would understand.... they might not have the training, manuals, experience, or equipment.  But if they do motorcycle tires and just not motorcycle tire repair, that makes me believe it is probably a scam or just being misinformed.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 03:27:38 PM »
Have you seen the tire monkeys in the shops these days? Could well be liability issues.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 03:53:45 PM »
WAYOFFTOPIC:

True enough. And as a middle- age, middle- class, white, non- hyphenated, 'plain ole' 'Merican' ', I cannot identify with you on this. No matter what I do, I can not 'walk a mile in your shoes'. All I can say is that 1) not everyone will treat you incorrectly or differently than anyone else and 2) there at least some, and I like to think (hope?) it is the majority, who will treat you fairly and justly, no matter what your personal attributes are.

I know you a little bit, we have spoken on the phone about a technical issue on your bike and I am quite sure I treated you exactly as I do everyone else.... and tried to help, with all respect due any human. And you were someone I was trying to help and work with, without regard to gender or anything else. So the only thing I would ask of you is that you try and remember that not EVERYONE will treat you any differently than the next 'guy' (figuratively and well as literally) and to please not start off with the thought that you will be treated differently / poorly by everyone. Try to be fair in each new situation, and I know that is probably difficult after decades of probably being talked down to and sometimes dismissed as a customer (and maybe full- blown human, with full- blown human rights and dignity). You never know when you might run into a fair and reasonable person and things may go really well on a customer / vendor level.

I think you are respected and treated fairly, which means exactly the same as everyone else, on this forum too. So if you go to a repair shop and are treated in any way other than correctly, maintain your dignity and self- respect, try not to get angry (or too angry) and show those people, who might want to diminish you in any way, that you will not allow that behavior and if necessary, or even if you just choose to do so, move on to another shop for your needs.

The world has changed a lot in my adult lifetime (call it 40 years) and trust me, a LOT of males do not in any way look down on females who ride motorcycles or anything any female may choose to do. There are a lot of female riders out there and no one is pointing in amazement- those days are long gone, at least in my experience.

I sympathize with you in having to deal with any of this garbage in the first place but there is no magic wand that anyone can wave and eliminate idiocy from the world. But you are able, intelligent and from my point of view, more than forthright enough to get what you need from motorcycle shops, tire shops etc., and forge ahead. It is not perfect or even fair that you may run into some difficulty because of your gender, but it is improving I think and 'holding the line' and insisting, calmly if at all possible, on your inalienable rights, will carry the day.... eventually.

Now, go get them there tires mounted (Easy Girls!).  ;) ;D

Brian

Well its quite evident that you have never been in an auto repair shop, or heck even a motorcycle shop as a woman, a blonde woman at that.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

sailor_chic

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2017, 05:21:52 AM »
WAYOFFTOPIC:

True enough. And as a middle- age, middle- class, white, non- hyphenated, 'plain ole' 'Merican' ', I cannot identify with you on this. No matter what I do, I can not 'walk a mile in your shoes'. All I can say is that 1) not everyone will treat you incorrectly or differently than anyone else and 2) there at least some, and I like to think (hope?) it is the majority, who will treat you fairly and justly, no matter what your personal attributes are.

I know you a little bit, we have spoken on the phone about a technical issue on your bike and I am quite sure I treated you exactly as I do everyone else.... and tried to help, with all respect due any human. And you were someone I was trying to help and work with, without regard to gender or anything else. So the only thing I would ask of you is that you try and remember that not EVERYONE will treat you any differently than the next 'guy' (figuratively and well as literally) and to please not start off with the thought that you will be treated differently / poorly by everyone. Try to be fair in each new situation, and I know that is probably difficult after decades of probably being talked down to and sometimes dismissed as a customer (and maybe full- blown human, with full- blown human rights and dignity). You never know when you might run into a fair and reasonable person and things may go really well on a customer / vendor level.

I think you are respected and treated fairly, which means exactly the same as everyone else, on this forum too. So if you go to a repair shop and are treated in any way other than correctly, maintain your dignity and self- respect, try not to get angry (or too angry) and show those people, who might want to diminish you in any way, that you will not allow that behavior and if necessary, or even if you just choose to do so, move on to another shop for your needs.

The world has changed a lot in my adult lifetime (call it 40 years) and trust me, a LOT of males do not in any way look down on females who ride motorcycles or anything any female may choose to do. There are a lot of female riders out there and no one is pointing in amazement- those days are long gone, at least in my experience.

I sympathize with you in having to deal with any of this garbage in the first place but there is no magic wand that anyone can wave and eliminate idiocy from the world. But you are able, intelligent and from my point of view, more than forthright enough to get what you need from motorcycle shops, tire shops etc., and forge ahead. It is not perfect or even fair that you may run into some difficulty because of your gender, but it is improving I think and 'holding the line' and insisting, calmly if at all possible, on your inalienable rights, will carry the day.... eventually.

Now, go get them there tires mounted (Easy Girls!).  ;) ;D

Brian

well Brian, thanks for sharing your opinion. Based on my short duration of being on this forum, I have seen your input on many topics, and usually I agree with you. I think that your a highly intelligent individual and have great life experiences to back up your knowledge.  But since you chose to disagree, I will disagree with you as well. First off, now your treading into and placing your opinion merely just on a thought, and not life's experience. Second, I never said that everyone treats me or other women unfairly. Though as a generalization, women are looked at as the inferior. So here is a case and point of how one gender looks down their nose at the other gender. Before I purchased my C14, I did a ton of research and knew everything I could about the bike prior to visiting my local shop. As Im looking at the bike, the salesman finally came over and asked if he could help me. My response was positive, and I asked him if he could move the bike out of the lineup so I could sit on it, and hold the machine up. As Im on the bike, huge smile on my face, because the bike is everything that I hoped for, the salesman can back to me, and said " I just want to let you know that this is not a beginners bike". After I picked up my jaw, due to disbelief, I simply responded... " Neither is that Vmax in you parking lot that I rode here!" After he picked up his jaw, I thanked him for letting me look at the bike, and I walked out of that store, and never returned.
I could go on with scenarios like this considering that I work on a very big boat,and women are an anomaly. But I think maybe you will get the idea of what im trying to express.

I appreciate you offering your kind words about my knowledge and my minimal mechanical skills, but many dont share that kindness towards a woman in a male environment. Generally the male see's a woman and is soon looking for her male counterpart who is helping her to be where she is at. This gets so ridiculous that I actually put a sticker on the front of my bike "yes, this is a girls bike". This is due to being asked repeatedly, where is your husband? Or your riding this bike?  While im thinking to myself.... No dumbass, I pushed it here, but I just smile and say it my bike.

So as you said before, you havent walked in my shoes. So please try not to tell me how men treat women in a male environment.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:06:36 AM by sailor_chic »

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2017, 05:28:33 AM »
 :rotflmao: Sorry Brian but you are guilty of excessive 'privilege'.

Pick those that apply, say three Hail Mary's and an Our Father and go and sin no more.  8)

White privilege
Male privilege
Straight privilege
Cis privilege
Binary privilege
Old privilege
Thin privilege
Christian privilege
Able privilege
Tall privilege
Motivational privilege
Intelligence privilege
Work ethic privilege
English language privilege
Straight hair privilege
Muscular privilege
Blue eye privilege
Blonde privilege
Financial privilege
Educational privilege
Nice car privilege
Married privilege

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2017, 07:19:48 AM »
I think we missed on several levels here.

I am not trying to tell you how you are treated anywhere in the world, just how I have seen you treated ON THIS FORUM, which I think is fairly. By that I mean just like everyone else. A level playing field.

My very comments were that I have never experienced what you have in your life; I did not disagree with you about anything and was trying to extend some understanding and empathy. If you want to reduce that down to 'sides', I am on YOUR side. And it actually has nothing at all due to you being a female, blonde, whatever.... it has everything to do with fair and just treatment for all people, at least of course until he / she proves that does not apply (such as criminals, for example).

I did not tell you how to treat anyone, in any environment, at any anytime. What I did do was to suggest that when walking into a new place, perhaps try to keep an open mind and start a fresh discourse with that vendor rather than have preconceived ideas about how this new vendor <may> be biased or unfair in some way.

So again, I think somehow this conversation between you and I got de-railed; maybe I stated my thoughts poorly, maybe you misunderstood them. It happens. But I was trying to support and agree with you, while offering perhaps some small thoughts on how you might forge ahead by being firm, forthright (as you certainly seem to be, and that is a compliment of course) and trying not to pull forward any previous [less than great] experiences. Not saying you are doing anything wrong, just giving a thought on how, perhaps, things might be looked at a bit differently going forward. I will say it again, not that you are doing anything wrong, or that you are not running to, I guess it would be a dismissive attitude from the way you describe a few of your previous experiences, just saying that you might be able to counter some of this misbehavior on the part of others in the way you react to it. NOT that you are wrong in the first place but because it would make the best out of given situation.

And frankly, your thought that you are absorbing all the ignorance and bad behavior because you are easily seen as being in the minority, as a women,  in some situations, flies in the face of my own experience; I have been 'powering through' idiocy and ignorance for two years of my house project being talked 'down to' by trades people, contractors, carpenters, electricians, "Engineers" (in quotes 'cause they get the title with the job) in different fields, and a variety of others, all explaining 1) how and why I did not understand things. 2)  that  I could not do what I was proposing. 3) (my favorite) 'that' will just not work. Lots of struggling just to get to the point where what needs to be or is desirable to be done can begin, never mind be finished. And all of it because people assume that because I am not an electrician, plumber, etc., etc., my thoughts and wants are not correct. But what I do not do is to take an adversarial attitude with the next person in the same field, assuming that past experience will be repeated- everyone gets a fair shot at a level playing field and I have had some great vendors and suppliers provide some really excellent materials and services (Easy Boys! services for and around the house!).

I have also been told that 'that should not be your first bike' when sitting on a Honda VFR1200F but I do not think it is because I am a woman or blonde, I think it was because the statement is true and the person saying it simply assumed I have not been riding motorcycles since I was 9 years old- probably not enough tattoos or something. But I did not take offense and I did continue to interact with both that person and the dealership and would have completed a transaction had things worked out (I actually wanted to buy the bike, the final price, etc.) but they did not.

So again, my sympathies for having to put up with whatever foolishness you have clanked into based on gender (which is really not about your gender at all, it is about the other person's idiocy) but I still suggest, stand tall, forge ahead, and go to another shop or vendor, and get what you want. I have to believe that in 2017 they are not ALL going to be biased.

Brian

well Brian, thanks for sharing your opinion. Based on my short duration of being on this forum, I have seen your input on many topics, and usually I agree with you. I think that your a highly intelligent individual and have great life experiences to back up your knowledge.  But since you chose to disagree, I will disagree with you as well. First off, now your treading into and placing your opinion merely just on a thought, and not life's experience. Second, I never said that everyone treats me or other women unfairly. Though as a generalization, women are looked at as the inferior. So here is a case and point of how one gender looks down their nose at the other gender. Before I purchased my C14, I did a ton of research and knew everything I could about the bike prior to visiting my local shop. As Im looking at the bike, the salesman finally came over and asked if he could help me. My response was positive, and I asked him if he could move the bike out of the lineup so I could sit on it, and hold the machine up. As Im on the bike, huge smile on my face, because the bike is everything that I hoped for, the salesman can back to me, and said " I just want to let you know that this is not a beginners bike". After I picked up my jaw, due to disbelief, I simply responded... " Neither is that Vmax in you parking lot that I rode here!" After he picked up his jaw, I thanked him for letting me look at the bike, and I walked out of that store, and never returned.
I could go on with scenarios like this considering that I work on a very big boat,and women are an anomaly. But I think maybe you will get the idea of what im trying to express.

I appreciate you offering your kind words about my knowledge and my minimal mechanical skills, but many dont share that kindness towards a woman in a male environment. Generally the male see's a woman and is soon looking for her male counterpart who is helping her to be where she is at. This gets so ridiculous that I actually put a sticker on the front of my bike "yes, this is a girls bike". This is due to being asked repeatedly, where is your husband? Or your riding this bike?  While im thinking to myself.... No dumbass, I pushed it here, but I just smile and say it my bike.

So as you said before, you havent walked in my shoes. So please try not to tell me how men treat women in a male environment.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2017, 07:54:52 AM »
Yeah, that is me- over privileged. :-)

I have two neighbors, one who has done pretty well, financially, the other not quite so much. The second one often refers to the first one as 'lucky'. One day I guess the first one had enough and responded 'Yep, lucky. And the harder I work and the better I get at the tasks required of me, the luckier I get'. True, sad, funny.... all at the same time.

When told that some generals he had chosen were not really 'good' but merely lucky, Napoleon responded 'I would rather have lucky generals than good ones'.

;)  ::) ;D

Brian

:rotflmao: Sorry Brian but you are guilty of excessive 'privilege'.

Pick those that apply, say three Hail Mary's and an Our Father and go and sin no more.  8)

White privilege
Male privilege
Straight privilege
Cis privilege
Binary privilege
Old privilege
Thin privilege
Christian privilege
Able privilege
Tall privilege
Motivational privilege
Intelligence privilege
Work ethic privilege
English language privilege
Straight hair privilege
Muscular privilege
Blue eye privilege
Blonde privilege
Financial privilege
Educational privilege
Nice car privilege
Married privilege

sailor_chic

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2017, 09:02:14 AM »
I think we missed on several levels here.

I am not trying to tell you how you are treated anywhere in the world, just how I have seen you treated ON THIS FORUM, which I think is fairly. By that I mean just like everyone else. A level playing field.

My very comments were that I have never experienced what you have in your life; I did not disagree with you about anything and was trying to extend some understanding and empathy. If you want to reduce that down to 'sides', I am on YOUR side. And it actually has nothing at all due to you being a female, blonde, whatever.... it has everything to do with fair and just treatment for all people, at least of course until he / she proves that does not apply (such as criminals, for example).

I did not tell you how to treat anyone, in any environment, at any anytime. What I did do was to suggest that when walking into a new place, perhaps try to keep an open mind and start a fresh discourse with that vendor rather than have preconceived ideas about how this new vendor <may> be biased or unfair in some way.

So again, I think somehow this conversation between you and I got de-railed; maybe I stated my thoughts poorly, maybe you misunderstood them. It happens. But I was trying to support and agree with you, while offering perhaps some small thoughts on how you might forge ahead by being firm, forthright (as you certainly seem to be, and that is a compliment of course) and trying not to pull forward any previous [less than great] experiences. Not saying you are doing anything wrong, just giving a thought on how, perhaps, things might be looked at a bit differently going forward. I will say it again, not that you are doing anything wrong, or that you are not running to, I guess it would be a dismissive attitude from the way you describe a few of your previous experiences, just saying that you might be able to counter some of this misbehavior on the part of others in the way you react to it. NOT that you are wrong in the first place but because it would make the best out of given situation.

And frankly, your thought that you are absorbing all the ignorance and bad behavior because you are easily seen as being in the minority, as a women,  in some situations, flies in the face of my own experience; I have been 'powering through' idiocy and ignorance for two years of my house project being talked 'down to' by trades people, contractors, carpenters, electricians, "Engineers" (in quotes 'cause they get the title with the job) in different fields, and a variety of others, all explaining 1) how and why I did not understand things. 2)  that  I could not do what I was proposing. 3) (my favorite) 'that' will just not work. Lots of struggling just to get to the point where what needs to be or is desirable to be done can begin, never mind be finished. And all of it because people assume that because I am not an electrician, plumber, etc., etc., my thoughts and wants are not correct. But what I do not do is to take an adversarial attitude with the next person in the same field, assuming that past experience will be repeated- everyone gets a fair shot at a level playing field and I have had some great vendors and suppliers provide some really excellent materials and services (Easy Boys! services for and around the house!).

I have also been told that 'that should not be your first bike' when sitting on a Honda VFR1200F but I do not think it is because I am a woman or blonde, I think it was because the statement is true and the person saying it simply assumed I have not been riding motorcycles since I was 9 years old- probably not enough tattoos or something. But I did not take offense and I did continue to interact with both that person and the dealership and would have completed a transaction had things worked out (I actually wanted to buy the bike, the final price, etc.) but they did not.

So again, my sympathies for having to put up with whatever foolishness you have clanked into based on gender (which is really not about your gender at all, it is about the other person's idiocy) but I still suggest, stand tall, forge ahead, and go to another shop or vendor, and get what you want. I have to believe that in 2017 they are not ALL going to be biased.

Brian

What ever!

Good bye everyone.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2017, 09:08:21 AM »
I have no idea what happened here but it seems you may be having an argument all by yourself. ??

But we are in agreement.... whatever.

Bye Nicole, best of luck with your motorcycle(s) and riding.

Brian

What ever!

Good bye everyone.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2017, 09:23:13 AM »

So in order to get younout of the shop as quickly as possible they look for more work to do?
Splain that to me, please.

Never been anywhere as a woman. Dont roll that way....but I have been in shops as a consumer and trust me it isnt only women who are treated as you describe.
Once I was in anl multi brand dealer looking at the bikes. I stopped and was looking at one HD and the salesman approached and told me that was a man's bike. I said then he probably doesnt ride one and went outside, one-kicked the BSA 650-chopped and hardtailed and roared away with the sales guy gawking out the window with me giving him a one finger salute.
It aint just women.