Author Topic: Ninja 1000 or Versys 1000?  (Read 591 times)

Offline Conniesaki

Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2017, 08:07:33 pm »
jeez I feel really sorry for you, $3 per (US) gallon?

I pay around £1.10 per litre so allowing for exchange rates (£1-$1.30) and conversions(3.8 litres -1 USG)  that's around $5.40 per US Gallon

Ok must admit that isn't as big a gap as I thought there would be, sure the differential used to be a lot higher.

I was trying to exaggerate high on gas price. And hopefully the annual mileage total  :o And still the diff is only $213.

He'd get to ride around with 20 extra HP for only $213. I'm taking that deal  :thumbs:
A throttle lock is a cruise control, controlling the bike's speed by maintaining the throttle at the position the rider sets. The C14 motor used to be a de-tuned ZX14 motor; Now that the ZX14 has a 1,441cc motor, the 1,352cc C14 motor is just smaller. "The exhaust" = the muffler, the entire exhaust system or the gases that are created in the motor, routed thru the exhaust system & out the muffler.

Offline motonerd14

Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2017, 07:59:24 pm »
I was trying to exaggerate high on gas price. And hopefully the annual mileage total  :o And still the diff is only $213.

He'd get to ride around with 20 extra HP for only $213. I'm taking that deal  :thumbs:

Hence why I wasn't thinking about the 650 too much. My price on these is about $3k under MSRP and no additional fees. I just pay tax. As for the gas, it's closer to $3.15 for premium in my part of California. I've seen some areas where it's closer to $4 if not over. Depends on how greedy they want to be...

I'll get to ogle all 3 again on Saturday while I'm working the showroom. I have a good arrangement with these folks that has gotten them a nice increase in sales, a good chunk of change in my pocket, and a killer deal on a new bike. I need to go back to all the particulars and get an insurance quote. Monthly cost is somewhat of a factor but not a deal breaker. Excessively expensive insurance will be (at least for now...)

Regardless of what I want, I don't have the money to do anything until I sell my KLR. It's on Craigslist and a facebook group. I even...cleaned it. When that's out of my garage, I'll decide.  8)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Ninja 1000 or Versys 1000?
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2017, 08:19:27 pm »
You CLEANED it?   :yikes:
  "LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology.  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 08:32:39 am »
I'll stir the pot.
I would think a "650" Versys or Ninja would be better for a commuter bike as it weighs less and would be more nimble in traffic.

I forgot about insurance. The 650 will cost less too..

Note; Part of the reason I keep raising the 650 idea is;
                    I'm considering one too... <sly grin>
                    Want to hear what others think..

Ride safe, Ted

Offline fartymarty

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 10:18:39 am »
...... I don't have the money to do anything until I sell my KLR.. I even...cleaned it.

You CLEANED it?   :yikes:

That's it, we don't need to hear any more of this kind of talk here...take it to the arena where it belongs!
 A clean KLR,. (shudder at the thought)...indeed....darn trolls...  :battle:     

Offline motonerd14

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 09:10:25 pm »
That's it, we don't need to hear any more of this kind of talk here...take it to the arena where it belongs!
 A clean KLR,. (shudder at the thought)...indeed....darn trolls...  :battle:   

Normally I'd be 100% in agreement but I do believe that a clean vehicle will always sell faster than a dirty one. Makes it easier to check for damage or other issues and shows that the machine has been well cared-for. Our customers at the dealership always comment on how clean our used bikes are. This is a big reason why none of them ever sit very long. :D