Author Topic: Why aren't 2015 onwards bikes  (Read 7494 times)

Offline Akumu

Re: Why aren't 2015 onwards bikes
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2018, 04:13:13 AM »
Why ?

What sort of place are you storing your bike that the screen even being in the fully up position is going to cause a problem?

If it is then unless you're a person of seriously diminished stature you're not going to be able to walk in there yourself!!

The only thing I can think of is putting it under a bike cover. ...but so what? Then you spend, literally, 4 seconds lowering the screen to it's lowest position before shutting the bike off.  :P

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2018, 05:44:54 AM »
Why ?  What sort of place are you storing your bike that the screen even being in the fully up position is going to cause a problem?

Obviously you have a garage or something.  Many of us don't.  I *HAVE* to lower my screen every time to fit it in the Cycle Shell.  And lowering it also protects it more, too.

Seems like a bit of fluff. "look Ma....no hands."

Exactly.  So while it going down is convenient, I don't need the going up memory function.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2018, 07:21:27 AM »
So they had a custom handlebar control for just that year... that is easy.  But what about the dash?  So on the 2010 non-ABS they used the 2009 dash plastics and yet upgraded the background lighting to white?  And on the 2010 ABS they used a newly designed dash plastics?  Seems so odd.  I would have expected it to be the new dash, regardless, complete with the ABS and TC lights, but just never used.  However, Jimmymac indicates he doesn't even have the unused lamps on his non-ABS 2010 dash.  Strange!
I think the new meters on the both the '10 models had to do with not only the backlight color change but also to function with the (formerly flash to pass) new handlebar meter button on the left bar. It probably needed a new wire in the meter connector.

'08 - '09 non ABS  meter 28011-0080
'08 - '09 ABS meter 28011-0079 (ABS light in Tach)
'10 - non ABS meter 28011-0163  (white backlight, meter button function)
'10 ABS meter 28011-0162   (white backlight, meter button function, ABS light and TC light in Tach)
'11 - '14 meter 28011-0194   (changes?)
'15- '18  meter 28011-0635  (silver trim, warning light changed from red to yellow)
         I'm not sure why they didn't use the '10 ABS meter in the '11-'14 C14s, was there a change there I'm not aware of?
(yes pinkie, it's still raining here.)

BTW- I appreciate the input. The only way I know to end ignorance is to shed light and facts on any issue and I would rather be 'correct' than 'right'.  ;) ;D

I fully 100% agree with that statement. I'm wrong a lot, that's when I learn it seems. I hate to think how dumb I'd be if I was right all the time.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2018, 07:45:17 AM »
 :( Here too.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2018, 09:25:34 AM »
Obviously you have a garage or something.  Many of us don't.  I *HAVE* to lower my screen every time to fit it in the Cycle Shell.  And lowering it also protects it more, too.

Exactly.  So while it going down is convenient, I don't need the going up memory function.

Nope, bike lives outside in the Great British Weather :)
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2018, 02:56:15 PM »
:( Here too.

Wow, when you said Southern Ill, you meant way southern Ill.
 Are you anywhere near those roads that looks like just for S & Gs they routed it from KY then maybe a 3/4 mile in ILL and then off to MO.? I always thought that section might be a great addition to one of the 48 state routes but from what I can find none of the shortest ones use it.

Oh, I know..I'm off topic again. Sorry (not really ).

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2018, 04:09:00 PM »
Wow, when you said Southern Ill, you meant way southern Ill.
 Are you anywhere near those roads that looks like just for S & Gs they routed it from KY then maybe a 3/4 mile in ILL and then off to MO.? I always thought that section might be a great addition to one of the 48 state routes but from what I can find none of the shortest ones use it.

Oh, I know..I'm off topic again. Sorry (not really ).

Cairo and the confluence is about 60 miles south. The the Kentucky bridge is important in that the next crossing into the state is 1 1/2 hours east at Paducah. Back in the day off steamboats, Cairo was a happening city. It was also a gateway on the Underground Railroad. Much history in the area. Across the KY bridge in Wickliffe is a Native American archeological area.

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2018, 04:23:26 PM »
Cairo and the confluence is about 60 miles south. The the Kentucky bridge is important in that the next crossing into the state is 1 1/2 hours east at Paducah. Back in the day off steamboats, Cairo was a happening city. It was also a gateway on the Underground Railroad. Much history in the area. Across the KY bridge in Wickliffe is a Native American archeological area.

So you are about an hour and a half from this guy then. (See below)

I grew up in Mason County (Central IL). Nothing happening there unless you are a farmer!  I got out first chance I had. My family is all still in the area tho.

2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2018, 04:58:09 PM »
Yep. McLean county years ago before I moved far enough south to find trees again. Played around in south Pekin a bit in my much younger days. Had an uncle that lived in Goofy Ridge.

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2018, 05:06:17 PM »
Yep. McLean county years ago before I moved far enough south to find trees again. Played around in south Pekin a bit in my much younger days. Had an uncle that lived in Goofy Ridge.

I had some friends that lived in Goofy Ridge. Actually, I think my parents were renting a place there when I was born. It was either there or San Jose. And for those of you not from the area, the "J" in Jose sounds like a J, not an H. 
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2018, 05:17:47 PM »
I had some friends that lived in Goofy Ridge. Actually, I think my parents were renting a place there when I was born. It was either there or San Jose. And for those of you not from the area, the "J" in Jose sounds like a J, not an H.
:rotflmao: There is no H in Jesus either.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2018, 09:31:49 AM »
;D ;D
Kind of rained in at the moment. Flash flood warnings etc.

Thanks Jimmy', I was 99.9 percent certain of that, but others needed convincing about the TC. You maybe the only non-ABS Gen II owner on this forum, until we hear otherwise you are our designated non-ABS GenII expert. So could you verify that you have two fuel maps (regular {or flashed} and the so called ECO mode or as max' likes to remind us "Fuel Economy Assistance Mode") and a memory position windshield (I'm sure you do, but I'm not the expert here, you are).
Yes, two maps and the eco mode. Shield returns when bike is shut off.
The grass isn't always greener.