Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 683983 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #3000 on: February 04, 2018, 07:41:50 AM »
As a side note, I was nearly knocked off a bike by one of those beasts.....the goose

I was too, back many years ago.  It was scary.  The goose wasn't flying at the time, it was just standing in the middle of the road AFTER a blind hill.  I had only a few seconds- blasting the horn, slowing down and trying to predict which way it would go.  Of course, it decided to go the same direction I picked but somehow avoided flying into my head by what seemed only several inches.  At that vantage, a goose certainly looks like a LOT of mass.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #3001 on: February 04, 2018, 07:45:00 AM »
Some years back, one of them flew into my wife's car and managed to shear the mirror off the driver's side. Ford Expedition, all- metal mirror and mount. Big animals. That same incident no doubt would have knocked me or us down if on the bike.

Brian

And under the headline...Goose 1, Hunter 1..

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hunter-knocked-unconscious-dead-goose-142252976.html

As a side note, I was nearly knocked off a bike by one of those beasts.....the goose, not the hunter.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3002 on: February 04, 2018, 08:53:45 AM »
Some years back, one of them flew into my wife's car and managed to shear the mirror off the driver's side. Ford Expedition, all- metal mirror and mount. Big animals. That same incident no doubt would have knocked me or us down if on the bike.

It is actually pretty amazing they can get off the ground.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #3003 on: February 19, 2018, 08:52:28 AM »
Not certain but this may be 'breaking new ground', so to speak.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/18/farty-passenger-forces-flight-to-make-emergency-landing/

I do have to note though that it was not the actual flatulence that caused the emergency landing (that would be truly impressive) but the physical fight that resulted from the flatulence. So it appears that one ....... 'porthole' got another 'porthole' going and the two 'portholes' then fought sufficiently that the captain declared an emergency and landed the plane.

It should also be noted that two women were also taken into custody but they claim they did nothing wrong and just happened to be sitting in the same row as the 'portholes'.

Brian

P.S. Substitute another word that ends in '---hole' wherever you see 'porthole' and it will be more amusing. At least to me.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3004 on: February 19, 2018, 09:09:45 AM »

https://nypost.com/2018/02/18/farty-passenger-forces-flight-to-make-emergency-landing/

I do have to note though that it was not the actual flatulence that caused the emergency landing (that would be truly impressive) but the physical fight that resulted from the flatulence. So it appears that one ....... 'porthole' got another 'porthole' going and the two 'portholes' then fought sufficiently that the captain declared an emergency and landed the plane.

It should also be noted that two women were also taken into custody but they claim they did nothing wrong and just happened to be sitting in the same row as the 'portholes'.

Brian

P.S. Substitute another word that ends in '---hole' wherever you see 'porthole' and it will be more amusing. At least to me.

Amusing story indeed! But I bet to the other passengers it was not amusing at all to not only endure a physical altercation on the flight and a serious delay to the destination but also had to endure poison gas.  :rotflmao: Sure glad I wasn't on that flight!

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #3005 on: February 19, 2018, 09:18:50 AM »

Brilliant! I had not thought of that as a way to gain more space on a commercial flight.

Now obviously he took it too far ... He was probably trying to get the entire row to himself.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #3006 on: February 19, 2018, 10:23:53 AM »
And yet, he did not even get a holding cell all to himself.

:-)

Brian

Brilliant! I had not thought of that as a way to gain more space on a commercial flight.

Now obviously he took it too far ... He was probably trying to get the entire row to himself.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #3007 on: February 19, 2018, 10:26:49 AM »
True but almost all comedy is rooted in some type of suffering, deficiency or similar. In other words, if nothing bad ever happened to anyone, comedy would take a huge hit. So humor, being the better part of valor, is fortunate that this plane load of people, while certainly being inconvenienced, can bask in the glow that can only come from helping others..... in this specific case, causing <I believe> anyone who reads this story to at least chuckle.....

Ladies and Gentlemen of 'Stink Flight' 4928, I thank and salute you!

Brian

Amusing story indeed! But I bet to the other passengers it was not amusing at all to not only endure a physical altercation on the flight and a serious delay to the destination but also had to endure poison gas.  :rotflmao: Sure glad I wasn't on that flight!

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #3008 on: February 21, 2018, 01:35:55 PM »
Finally! After years of getting tremendously poor quality 'Net bait (gentlemen from Nigeria want me to help them move 2.5 gazillion dollars, etc.) I finally got a decent spam in an e-mail! Color me happy! Apparently, I have been selected to participate in study which will provide me 100% free 'cannabidiol'. Now I really do not know what that is but the cannabi aspect makes me think of some derivative of Mary J. Juana or similar, perhaps mixed with some type of PMS symptom reliever. No matter, I do not need any canni.... whatever, free or otherwise, but I am thrilled that someone finally came up with a decent looking, not 'intelligence insulting' grade of scam.

This renews my hope in all of humanity.

Brian

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3009 on: February 21, 2018, 01:52:42 PM »
Can you forward the free offer?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #3010 on: February 21, 2018, 01:56:39 PM »
Sure, shoot me your e-mail.

Brian

Can you forward the free offer?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3011 on: February 21, 2018, 02:19:10 PM »
Finally! After years of getting tremendously poor quality 'Net bait (gentlemen from Nigeria want me to help them move 2.5 gazillion dollars, etc.) I finally got a decent spam in an e-mail! Color me happy! Apparently, I have been selected to participate in study which will provide me 100% free 'cannabidiol'. Now I really do not know what that is but the cannabi aspect makes me think of some derivative of Mary J. Juana or similar, perhaps mixed with some type of PMS symptom reliever. No matter, I do not need any canni.... whatever, free or otherwise, but I am thrilled that someone finally came up with a decent looking, not 'intelligence insulting' grade of scam.

This renews my hope in all of humanity.

Brian

What kind are they offering?

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #3012 on: February 21, 2018, 02:51:20 PM »
Well, I can see I have stirred up a hornet's nest with this.  ;D

I do not know what 'kind' it is.

I will not be receiving any because one has to 'sign up' (which is of course the hook part of the spam in the first place) and I am not going to do that.

I do not need anything to treat my wife because I have long known the secret to dealing with my spouse, which is, basically, 'I will see your 'cranky' and raise you'. I find my 'cranky' is increasing as the world gets older; I am not changing mind you, but the world is steadily becomming a more annoying place as the years go by. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  ;D

You folks have missed the point, which is not the product it (falsely I believe) advertises but the fact that the graphics, logos (got the little medical / serpent thingy in there, correctly and everything!) are all very nicely and professionally done. Much better than the usual miss- spelled, bad Engrish proposals I usually get.

Brian

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #3013 on: February 26, 2018, 10:27:34 AM »
He was what is known today as 'a late talker', some sources claiming he did not begin to talk until he was four years old. Of course this led his parents and others to believe he was mentally retarded. It did not help that when he did start to talk he often whispered sentences to himself before saying them out loud to 'see how they sounded'. The family housekeeper called him 'the dopey one'.

So little was, and in many ways still is, understood about how the brain works that we find it impossible to 'classify' people with simple terms such as retarded or advanced or even genius because often times each case, in the same individual, is mixed in with other traits at the other end of  the scale. The classic idiot- savant. "Rainman".

No matter because he did learn to talk and turned out to be gifted..... in some areas, while clearly deficient in others. He would have trouble relating to others socially for his entire life but would also excel so far in some specific areas as to overcome all of his limitations.

Today we choose to remember Albert Einstein as a brilliant physicist, which he most certainly was. But we tend to forget some other aspects about this same man that are nothing short of perplexing. Taken as a whole, I think it makes him even more fascinating; the simple version is that he was just..... really smart.

Brian

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #3014 on: February 26, 2018, 02:02:24 PM »
... with nice hair.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3015 on: February 27, 2018, 04:44:54 AM »
 :thumbs:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
Moving House
« Reply #3016 on: February 27, 2018, 11:14:00 PM »
so following on from a conversation with young Brian yesterday evening.

What does the phrase "moving house" mean to you ?

--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #3017 on: February 27, 2018, 11:19:35 PM »
There has been a brilliant series over the last couple of years on the BBC called "The A Word" about a family learning to cope with an autistic child 

Based on an Israeli drama called "Yellow Peppers"

He was what is known today as 'a late talker', some sources claiming he did not begin to talk until he was four years old. Of course this led his parents and others to believe he was mentally retarded. It did not help that when he did start to talk he often whispered sentences to himself before saying them out loud to 'see how they sounded'. The family housekeeper called him 'the dopey one'.

So little was, and in many ways still is, understood about how the brain works that we find it impossible to 'classify' people with simple terms such as retarded or advanced or even genius because often times each case, in the same individual, is mixed in with other traits at the other end of  the scale. The classic idiot- savant. "Rainman".

No matter because he did learn to talk and turned out to be gifted..... in some areas, while clearly deficient in others. He would have trouble relating to others socially for his entire life but would also excel so far in some specific areas as to overcome all of his limitations.

Today we choose to remember Albert Einstein as a brilliant physicist, which he most certainly was. But we tend to forget some other aspects about this same man that are nothing short of perplexing. Taken as a whole, I think it makes him even more fascinating; the simple version is that he was just..... really smart.

Brian
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Moving House
« Reply #3018 on: February 28, 2018, 06:21:33 AM »

I'd have to see it in context..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #3019 on: February 28, 2018, 07:40:40 AM »

Big Caravan?