Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853719 times)

Offline tomp

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #520 on: January 25, 2015, 08:36:07 PM »
Glad you didn't hit a deer like I did recently, scary, for sure.  Next five days, gonna be mid 60's to mid 70's, then cool off for the weekend.  Guess I will ride while the weather is warm..... tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline tomp

« Reply #521 on: January 27, 2015, 09:57:53 AM »
FWIW, the March issue of Rider Magazine has a five page article on the new 2015 C14, and they used the Lime Green model.  Haven't read it yet, but Rider is normally pretty accurate in their tests and reviews. 

Gonna be 75 here today, May ride in honor of  the folks in the NE and all that white stuff now falling there.  tomp

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #522 on: January 27, 2015, 12:12:47 PM »
road the chit out of mine today, can't waste this perfect weather  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

elp_jc

« Reply #523 on: January 27, 2015, 01:17:22 PM »
Well, I'm bringing it home today ;D. And chose the ugly green to please my wife (who didn't want black for safety reasons). Ha ha. It's not that bad, but just a little ridiculous for a 53-yr old fart IMO, but I don't care about colors; that's why I don't understand why some folks got offended when I said it was ugly. Well, I own one now, so I can say it all I want, right? ;). My credit card will be smoking tonight after ordering all the crap I have on my list :o. Have a great afternoon folks.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:15:17 PM by elp_jc »

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #524 on: January 27, 2015, 03:04:09 PM »
Well, I'm bringing it home today ;D

Pics of it in your garage or it didn't happen....  ;)
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline tomp

« Reply #525 on: January 27, 2015, 03:10:38 PM »
+1 fer sur, as we have all struggled with/for you through this ordeal.  Hee Hee Hee.   ;D ;D

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #526 on: January 27, 2015, 03:19:13 PM »

LOL!!!
You are evil :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #527 on: January 27, 2015, 03:21:18 PM »
Well, I'm bringing it home today ;D. And chose the ugly green to please my wife (who didn't want black for safety reasons). Ha ha. It's not that bad, but just a little ridiculous for a 53-yr old fart IMO, but I don't care about colors; that's why I don't understand why some folks got offended when I said it was ugly. Well, I own one now, so I can say it all I want, right? ;). My credit card will be smoking tonight after ordering all the crap I have on my list :o. Have a great afternoon folks.

Pre-congrats!
Yep- all those extras can really add up.  But it is one of the great things about the C14- lots of aftermarket stuff support.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #528 on: January 27, 2015, 03:25:01 PM »
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :deadhorse:
Sorry, elp_jc...couldn't resist. Congrats. :chugbeer:
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #529 on: January 27, 2015, 03:40:00 PM »
Yep, your wife should be happy.  Everyone will see you coming a mile away with that color.  Congratulations on the purchase!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline tomp

« Reply #530 on: January 27, 2015, 03:53:13 PM »
Who knows, Kawi Lime Green may become the fast color some day.  Naaaahhh, the original 08 something silver will always be the fast color, but that green looks really great.   tp

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #531 on: January 27, 2015, 03:57:21 PM »
If I paint my silver '08 black and Kawasaki Green, will the KIPASS overcome the color differential or will I end up losing some on the top end?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #532 on: January 27, 2015, 04:06:58 PM »
KiPass overcomes ALL obstacles and difficulties as part of its normal operating mode. But one of the undocumented features is its ability to change the perceived color of the motorcycle.... here is what you do..... while holding your fob as tight as you can, squeeze your eyes shut, click your heels together three times and whisper 'Green.....green.....green'. From that moment on, all others will not only see the bike as green, it will be their favorite shade of green.

Disclaimer: if you squeeze your fob too tight you could hurt yourself.

Brian

If I paint my silver '08 black and Kawasaki Green, will the KIPASS overcome the color differential or will I end up losing some on the top end?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #533 on: January 27, 2015, 04:15:51 PM »
Pre-congrats elp_jc!!

SOON,,, we "want" to see a photo, with "you" in the Pilots Seat..

Then we'll all cheer!

Ride safe, Ted

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #534 on: January 27, 2015, 04:21:28 PM »
Naaaahhh, the original 08 something silver will always be the fast color,

Except that it is light blue and not silver....  :)

Offline tomp

« Reply #535 on: January 27, 2015, 04:34:09 PM »
Except that it is light blue and not silver....  :)
You keep telling me that, but I'm old and it looks silver to me.  Somewhere on this thread you told me the color, and it was Narcissistic Silver, or something like that, since that was the only color available then.   Looked it up, Neutron Silver, like Jimmy, I guess. 

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #536 on: January 27, 2015, 05:20:07 PM »
You keep telling me that, but I'm old and it looks silver to me.

Nah, old is no excuse :)

Somewhere on this thread you told me the color, and it was Narcissistic Silver, or something like that, since that was the only color available then.

That must be someone else.  I just called it "Silvery Baby Blue" or "Silvery Light Blue".  And I like the color a lot, it is just not "silver"

Below you can see the comparison to an actual silver bike paint- the 2011 C14's Atomic Silver

Offline tomp

« Reply #537 on: January 27, 2015, 05:30:03 PM »
Nah, old is no excuse :)

That must be someone else.  I just called it "Silvery Baby Blue" or "Silvery Light Blue".  And I like the color a lot, it is just not "silver"

Below you can see the comparison to an actual silver bike paint- the 2011 C14's Atomic Silver

It was you, alright. .I called it Neptune Silver and you corrected me.  It had to be you( sounds like a song). Well, it could have been Brian, or Jim or someone  else. Told you I'm old.

Yes, I like how it is silvery blue or bluey silver.  It looked good on me today during my ride. 

elp_jc, where are those pictures?   We're waiting. . .tp

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #538 on: January 27, 2015, 07:39:46 PM »
Kind of a cross topic post but,..... Since elp is vertically challenged, he could name his new bike "The Atomic Leprechaun "
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline JhVenezuela

« Reply #539 on: January 27, 2015, 07:44:28 PM »
Who knows, Kawi Lime Green may become the fast color some day.  Naaaahhh, the original 08 something silver will always be the fast color, but that green looks really great.   tp

Now the Green is the fast color !!!!!!