Author Topic: Directv has done it again....  (Read 15424 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Directv has done it again....
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2012, 06:50:16 AM »
Both my grandson's Super Ninja show that were recorded previously on Nick still play.

Case in point.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2012, 08:09:46 AM »
I wonder if DTV will reduce our bills for the programing that we no longer receive?

I switched to DTV from Comcast a few years ago when Comcast began reducing the number of channels that we could receive "without" one of their boxes on every set in the house. This in turn drove up the cost to the point that DTV was a better value and I'm used to DTV as that's what we use on the boats at work. In fact DTV is the only game in town when it comes to marine based self tracking marine sets.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2012, 01:12:09 PM »
I'm going to Dish in the next few weeks.  I talked to my neighbor today and she said they love it and haven't had any issues.  That's good enough for me.  I'll keep em for two years and then see what happens then.  It's a good time to get the newer technology at a lower price. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2012, 02:14:32 PM »
Well all the shows that I had recorded are back.. I tell you they were not there earlier.  They showed up when I went to the recorded section, but would not play.  I tried them all yesterday and now they play.  Very wierd
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2012, 02:51:23 PM »
I'm going to Dish in the next few weeks.  I talked to my neighbor today and she said they love it and haven't had any issues.  That's good enough for me.  I'll keep em for two years and then see what happens then.  It's a good time to get the newer technology at a lower price.

Just a warning.  If you have any issues with a DVR, they UPS a new one to you... 3 to 5 business days.  They do not send anyone to replace/repair.  So you are out of business for 3 to 5 business days at a minimum.  If you do have a problem, tell them you want it FedEx overnight!  This will get you the equipment next day, even on a Saturday.  Don't let them send UPS... they do not deliver on Saturdays.

Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2012, 04:39:32 PM »
UPS does in fact deliver on Saturdays.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2012, 05:11:09 PM »
Thanks.  I've been lucky with my Directv DVR.  No problems at all.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2012, 05:12:46 PM »

I'm lucky they deliver at all here.  I'm not really impressed with UPS.  Fedex, I've had no issues.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2012, 08:09:33 PM »

Not here when It was supposed to.  Of course, they've been known to give my stuff to the guy on the other street all the time... we both live at the same house number after all.
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2012, 05:02:14 AM »
Saying they were supposed to deliver on Saturday means they deliver on Saturdays, does it not?
Some places are remote enough they don't offer Saturday service, but that is the exception, not the rule.
BTW Saturday service is only offered on air delivery. If it was shipped regular ground Saturday delivery is not an option.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2012, 06:04:16 AM »
It looks like they have reached an agreement. I turned on the TV this morning to see that the channels are back on. I have heard no news about it, I just saw the results.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2012, 08:53:03 AM »
It looks like they have reached an agreement. I turned on the TV this morning to see that the channels are back on. I have heard no news about it, I just saw the results.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/07/20/technology/viacom-directv/index.htm

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Viacom and DirecTV announced Friday that they have reached a deal, putting aside their dispute and allowing programming to return to the airwaves.

The agreement ends a dispute that has interrupted programming since July 10.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2012, 06:55:54 AM »
Too late...making the switch to Dish.  Talked to another Directv user and they are switching as well.  I may go back in two years for a cheaper deal but for now I'm done with them.

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2012, 07:47:14 AM »
Dish doesn't seem to settle their disputes they drop the channels for good, witness AMC.
Now I wonder if Direct will raise prices.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2012, 07:52:57 AM »
Time will tell....

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2012, 06:06:53 AM »
I have had DTV for maybe 8 or 9 years. Never had an issue with them. I have read way too many bad things about Dish and even witnessed a couple of things. I have no desire to switch. Not sure what you think will be better over there but good luck to you. Oh, and no AMC? fugitaboutit

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2012, 08:20:02 AM »
I've talked to several people about Dish...no complaints.   I haven't had any issues with Directv aside from their programming issues with their vendors.  I've had Directv for quite awhile.  Longer than you, without technical issues.  Haven't called them for support at all.  I get all mine from the forums, oddly enough.  I've been thinking about switching to Dish since their last escapade.  It's coming down to switching for the following: vendor disputes, pricing of packages, new equipment, trying something different, and last but not least BBCA HD.

As far as installation goes....I wasn't impressed with the guy they sent out.  He had to come back twice.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2012, 04:28:17 AM »
I've talked to several people about Dish...no complaints.   I haven't had any issues with Directv aside from their programming issues with their vendors.  I've had Directv for quite awhile.  Longer than you, without technical issues.  Haven't called them for support at all.  I get all mine from the forums, oddly enough.  I've been thinking about switching to Dish since their last escapade.  It's coming down to switching for the following: vendor disputes, pricing of packages, new equipment, trying something different, and last but not least BBCA HD.

As far as installation goes....I wasn't impressed with the guy they sent out.  He had to come back twice.

Which guy, the Dish dude? Have you switched already?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2012, 04:49:31 AM »
The Directv dude... ;)   In process of switching...debating on whether to angst about some of the recorded shows I have on disk that I haven't watched in years.  More than likely I'm leaning towards 'I don't care'.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2012, 04:56:26 AM »
Oh, it sounded like maybe you already made the switch.

Yeah, what's to do with all those old shows. Let me guess, stuff about WW2 and the like?