Linked Events

• Barber Vintage Weekend Non-Event: October 06, 2011 - October 09, 2011

Author Topic: Barber Vintage Weekend, near Birmingham, AL, Oct 7-9  (Read 8091 times)

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
Barber Vintage Weekend, near Birmingham, AL, Oct 7-9
« on: June 20, 2011, 07:26:42 PM »

Here we go.

I just got off the phone with Kathy at the resort we stayed at last year, it's a go.

http://www.talladegacreekside.com/index.html

Most folks that stayed here last year really liked it. It's quiet(more or less), has nice folks that run it, nice peaceful setting, clean showers, cabins, open tent camping, and some full service RV sites. And it's frugal. It is located about 45 minutes from Barber by slab, longer on the good roads.

Tent camping is open site camping, reservations not needed. You may want to reserve an RV spot, and last year, I think the cabins filled up, so reserve accordingly.

Some(most?) folks will probably want to roll in on Thursday, the 6th.

Disclaimer: This is not a rally, nor is it an event. There is no FEE. There are no organized activities. Hopefully though, our honorary pyromaniac(SteveWFL) will make it. I am riding to Talladega Creekside Resort. Folks that also want to be there, go there. Everybody is on their own at the resort.

I and at least one of the other Floriduh Steves will be departing FL on the 1st, riding up to camp and ride for a few days in probably western NC, then head over to the resort on Thursday. Maybe stay at Ironhorse, maybe not. May wind up in VA or WV. Others that want to join in the early part are welcome. This will also be highly unstructured, obviously.

More updates and revelations as they occur.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline sroby

• 06 Blue C-10
Barber Vintage races Oct 7-9
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 05:45:39 PM »
Steve, I saw this over on the Cog. page I definately will be there, I also think this would be a suitable sub for some of us who cant make the National Event.  I live less than 2hrs from Barber.  And  15 mins off of I-20 for those like Steve from Fla. on there way up.  We can meet up and ride to the track.  Anybody else????  Regards Steve
no.1 Dale Singleton fan along with King Kenny Roberts/Fast Freddie Spencer/ Steve and Shoodabeen.    aka (connkawi)

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
Re: Barber Vintage races Oct 7-9
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 07:00:08 PM »
Couple of hours from Atlanta. Good (usually) weather in October. Might have promise.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
Re: Barber Vintage races Oct 7-9
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 11:42:45 AM »
Steve, I saw this over on the Cog. page I definately will be there, I also think this would be a suitable sub for some of us who cant make the National Event.  I live less than 2hrs from Barber.  And  15 mins off of I-20 for those like Steve from Fla. on there way up.  We can meet up and ride to the track.  Anybody else????  Regards Steve
Dunno the route up yet, last year we cut over at Tifton, I would assume something similar this year, most folks really don't usually wanna just slab it all of the way, and especially don't wanna go through Hotlanta. As I, and at least one other Flowriduh Steve will be leaving on the first to do a little playing up in the mountains, it remains to be seen how the rest of the FL contingent will proceed. Iff'n it helps, we'll be coming down from the Dragon area on Thurs to head to Barber, mostly avoiding the slab. We could maybe meet up depending on...

Will be firming something up as the time draws near.

It would be good to have another Steve with us. :thumbs:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 01:27:04 PM by SteveJ. »
America's Seaplane City
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline Bluegray

Re: Barber Vintage Weekend, near Birmingham, AL, Oct 7-9
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 09:40:25 PM »
Barbers is a great event I am less than an hour away and plan to be there. Not too many Connies in this area. The only other one I know of in an hours drive is a former HD rider who kept admiring my Connie and bought one of his own. Hope you guys have a great ride in and hope to see some of your bikes

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 09:54:39 PM »
Barbers is a great event I am less than an hour away and plan to be there. Not too many Connies in this area. The only other one I know of in an hours drive is a former HD rider who kept admiring my Connie and bought one of his own. Hope you guys have a great ride in and hope to see some of your bikes
Swing on by the resort and you'll see a bunch of 'em.
America's Seaplane City

Offline sroby

• 06 Blue C-10
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 05:19:51 AM »
Good deal as it gets closer looking forward to meeting all of you. Regards Steve
no.1 Dale Singleton fan along with King Kenny Roberts/Fast Freddie Spencer/ Steve and Shoodabeen.    aka (connkawi)

Offline concoursbdh

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 10:02:42 PM »
My first barber visit was a couple of weeks ago for the super bike weekend.  It was a great time and the facility looked to be first class in all ways.  I think the vintage weekend would be cool as well.  I am south of I-20 about 20 minutes as well in Carrollton, GA which would make it a 2 hr trip to the track if anyone needs anything.  Let me know.

Offline 2fast

• COG #6497, North Central Area Director
    • C-10 Heat Shield photos
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 10:14:44 PM »
I might make this event, along with Brian H, just to start offsetting the high STEVE count. No, really. ;D
Brian in Minnesota
Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme. Richard Thompson

Need Heat Shields for the C-10? 86-93 Front Brake upgrade brackets?  I got em! Click the little green globe under my Avatar on the left.

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 07:43:31 AM »
I might make this event, along with Brian H, just to start offsetting the high STEVE count. No, really. ;D
Bring it on!

There should also be a decent size Mike contingent.

One of the good things about the resort is the open tent camping. So yes, there will be room for all of the Brians, Mikes, Freds, Jims, Jenns, etc. that care to attend.
America's Seaplane City

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 04:48:19 PM »
I'm a college student once again and will have class every saturday forever starting 8/15  :(
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 07:14:36 PM »
I'm a college student once again and will have class every saturday forever starting 8/15  :(
The price ya pay for being smart.  ;)

Good Luck.
America's Seaplane City

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 07:53:56 PM »

Good way to meet new wimenz Steve...  ;D

Photography classes??

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 12:40:52 PM »
Bump and update. The two Tavares Steves will be heading up to Cackalacky for sure, staying at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground the 1st and 2nd, then heading over to stay at Tsali Campground in the Nantahalla NFIronhorse Resort near Stecoah on the 3rd-5th. We'll head down on the 6th. Route to Talladega not planned as yet. Anyone care to swing by and visit or hang out is welcome. Already plan on hooking up with Clinton and his entourage. They are staying in Robbinsville.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 06:34:44 PM by SteveJ. »
America's Seaplane City

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 08:51:27 PM »
Bump to Top.  This trip will be epic, route planned:  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=4343.msg49831
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline 2fast

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 05:41:52 AM »
I followed the link figuring I would be checking out an awesome route :rotflmao:
Brian in Minnesota

Need Heat Shields for the C-10? 86-93 Front Brake upgrade brackets?  I got em! Click the little green globe under my Avatar on the left.

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 12:15:03 PM »
I followed the link figuring I would be checking out an awesome route :rotflmao:
Top secret. If you knew the route, we would have to eliminate you. :cannon: :shoot: :shoot: :cannon: :yikes: :rotflmao: :chugbeer: :chugbeer: :chugbeer:

;)
America's Seaplane City

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 01:44:43 AM »
Departure time T-75 minutes. Gonna be chilly up there.
America's Seaplane City

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 11:27:03 AM »
Have a great time and be careful!

Offline 2fast

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 05:52:16 PM »
Brian in Minnesota