Author Topic: TPS / Warranty  (Read 8064 times)

Offline GPz1100

• Arena
  • Red is Faster
TPS / Warranty
« on: February 26, 2012, 05:39:42 PM »
anyone know if ma kaw is still covering tps low battery issue? it's an 08 with the extended warranty so it's under the wire, time wise...anyone know?

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
Re: TPS / Warranty
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 05:45:07 PM »
This one is easy!  Call the dealer!   ;D
2009 Black Kawasaki Concours 14
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 05:49:37 PM »
I just had mine replaced 09 under original warranty but as stated it may be up to your dealer going to bat for you.

Offline So Cal Joe

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 05:55:55 PM »
When my dealer replaced the one on my 09 he told me that the battery had a 5 year warranty on it. I told him I have an extended warranty on the bike and he said it would be covered for the full 6 years. He did say once a unit is replaced and it fails again they have to call Kawasaki but it's just a formality.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once

Offline soonerone

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 06:36:52 PM »
I just went through the same thing with my '08 last month. Have the extended warranty(thanks MOB) and it covered not only the front sensor, which I why I took it in, but the rear sensor was replaced as well 'cause it was getting weak as well.  Very happy with the service manager/dealership.  I saw the amount of the repair order they were sending to Kawasaki, and the extended warranty already paid for itself.

Offline GPz1100

• Arena
  • Red is Faster
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 06:47:01 PM »
This one is easy!  Call the dealer!   ;D

looking to talk to them with more info on what other dealers have done lately

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 06:51:26 PM »
The sensors should be covered for five years if the bike is under extended warranty. The manual says the batteries should last approximately five years so I guess it could be arguable if the bike is 4 3/4 years old.

Even though the extended warranty is good for six years, I doubt Kawasaki will cover a dead battery that they claimed would only last five years in the first place. That is just my opinion though so if they do cover them up to six years then great.

Brian

anyone know if ma kaw is still covering tps low battery issue? it's an 08 with the extended warranty so it's under the wire, time wise...anyone know?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 06:56:09 PM »
The sensors should be covered for five years if the bike is under extended warranty. The manual says the batteries should last approximately five years so I guess it could be arguable if the bike is 4 3/4 years old.

Even though the extended warranty is good for six years, I doubt Kawasaki will cover a dead battery that they claimed would only last five years in the first place. That is just my opinion though so if they do cover them up to six years then great.

Brian

CALL A DEALER!!  MATTER A FACT, CALL A FEW AND SEE WHO WILL!!
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 06:58:47 PM »
It is not the dealer who will underwrite replacing the sensors under warranty, it is Kawasaki.

Or, put another way, IT IS NOT THE DEALER WHO WILL UNDERWRITE REPLACING THE SENSORS UNDER WARRANTY, IT IS KAWASAKI!!

;D

Brian

CALL A DEALER!!  MATTER A FACT, CALL A FEW AND SEE WHO WILL!!

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2012, 07:06:40 PM »
SORRY, YOU ARE WRONG SIR!  I know because I work in a car dealership!  ;D

Dealer can make it happen if they want too! 

May the force be with you GPz1100!
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline Z71

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2012, 07:14:34 PM »
Can you all use a bit larger red letters?   ::)

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2012, 07:15:51 PM »
IS THIS BETTER?    :o
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline MidlifeCrisis

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2012, 09:29:57 PM »
My dealer just replaced the '09's rear sensor, no questions asked.  Helps if it is the dealer you bought the bike from.
'09 Concours ABS, Candy Diamond Red
'08 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory, Red Lion
'05 GSXR600 (track bike)
'08 Suzuki S83 (selling)

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 09:39:35 PM »
I was gonna call my dealer... but after thinking about if for a while I opted for a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Much less painful. :o
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline jaclaw

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2012, 12:45:58 PM »
Dealer replaced rear on my 08 in the summer and the front last week.  Unfortunately riding on Saturday in mid 50 degree temps started showing the low battery warning on the one they just replaced!

Offline GPz1100

• Arena
  • Red is Faster
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 07:37:26 PM »
WOO HOO!

front and rear TPS covered under extended warranty

Offline BlkBird

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 07:46:04 PM »
WOO HOO!

front and rear TPS covered under extended warranty

Congrats!!  I didn't get the extended warranty but will likely try installing new batteries myself when they finally stop working altogether.  I sure don't like the idea of having to purchase new sensors and reprogramming.

Offline GPz1100

• Arena
  • Red is Faster
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 09:35:36 PM »
i'm gonna see if they'll let me have the old ones to play with for the next time

Offline SonnyC

• Live long and enjoy life to its' fullest.
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2012, 12:02:51 AM »
Have an 09 with regular warranty about to expire this June.  My rear TPS started registering "low batery" when the ambient temperature outside was cold but reverted to normal once the tires heated up.  Took it to the dealer last week, and they promply ordered the part and installed it two days ago. No problem.  Only concern I had was if the rear went bad, why would they not change the front too since they were installed at the factory at the same time.

Offline So Cal Joe

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2012, 07:55:23 AM »

Brian

The bike is only covered for 3 years so the extended warranty covers it for another 3 years, that includes everything covered on the 3 year factory warranty, so it would EXTEND the battery warranty.  As said before, a lot of anything covered under warranty will be up to the dealer. Ask anyone that rides a Gold Wing. Some dealers cover headlight bulbs and fork seals and others will say it's not covered and not even check with mother Honda.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once