Author Topic: Try a windshield for free....  (Read 242324 times)

Offline powrtrippin

Try a windshield for free....
« on: May 23, 2011, 08:33:52 AM »
Ok, the original thread is gone and I have no idea who is next in line to try these nor do I know who the original owner/thread starter was. Anyone have any ideas?

As for the windshields, tried the decided to try the V-Stream first since it was the only one I was interested in. HOLY FRIGGIN HUGE WINDSHIELD, BATMAN! Not only was it huge but it looked like an eyesore in comparison to the sleek lines of the C14. But, I decided to try it on the road anyway. First thing I noticed was the stream of air that normally hit me in the chest was gone. I don't know that that's a good thing, though since a nice breeze to the chest on a hot day is really refreshing. Second, in the "fully up" position it felt really strange looking through the windshield. Almost annoying. So much so that I kept it lowered enough that I could see over it. Last thing I noticed was that in the "fully up" position, at highway speeds (75mph~) I could carry on a conversation with my wife on the back of the bike.... Not through bluetooth, just straight up talking. That was pretty cool but not cool enough to justify the negatives I had for it. It would probably be a nice windshield to keep the cold air off you in the wintertime but for the upcoming summer, I need more air.

Since the second windshield that came was even bigger I decided not to even install it. I'll likely keep the stock one or find a shorter aftermarket model.

So, who gets these next? I can have them out by the end of the week.

Offline ZedHed

Re: Try a windshield for free....
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 09:10:42 AM »
Can I get in on this?  If so, please PM me and I'll reply back with shipping info....

thanks,  Rob
"Life is a hard teacher - you get the test before the lesson is taught..."

Offline jaclaw

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 09:11:39 AM »
I was on the old list but well down,  I'm still interested.  Jim Chamberlin

Offline gildaguz

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 10:29:20 AM »
I was next after someone that was after powrtripping, so i allready fordward my adress to powrtripping, so if that member do not report i'm first in the list

POWRTRIPPING
GILDAGUZ
2009 Non ABS Concours Black
2006 Honda VTX 1300 C candy Orange
2004 Honda Shadow  Sabre 750
1979 Suzuki 185 all terrain

Offline gildaguz

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 10:38:40 AM »
Ok, the original thread is gone and I have no idea who is next in line to try these nor do I know who the original owner/thread starter was. Anyone have any ideas?

As for the windshields, tried the decided to try the V-Stream first since it was the only one I was interested in. HOLY FRIGGIN HUGE WINDSHIELD, BATMAN! Not only was it huge but it looked like an eyesore in comparison to the sleek lines of the C14. But, I decided to try it on the road anyway. First thing I noticed was the stream of air that normally hit me in the chest was gone. I don't know that that's a good thing, though since a nice breeze to the chest on a hot day is really refreshing. Second, in the "fully up" position it felt really strange looking through the windshield. Almost annoying. So much so that I kept it lowered enough that I could see over it. Last thing I noticed was that in the "fully up" position, at highway speeds (75mph~) I could carry on a conversation with my wife on the back of the bike.... Not through bluetooth, just straight up talking. That was pretty cool but not cool enough to justify the negatives I had for it. It would probably be a nice windshield to keep the cold air off you in the wintertime but for the upcoming summer, I need more air.

Since the second windshield that came was even bigger I decided not to even install it. I'll likely keep the stock one or find a shorter aftermarket model.

So, who gets these next? I can have them out by the end of the week.
So there are two or thee windshields to try?, i would like one just a little taller than the stock but not that big as the  V-Stream that you describe

Offline powrtrippin

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 11:53:48 AM »
I guess we'll have to start a new list. Sorry to anyone who may have been in line but it would be unfair of me to hold on to them while we wait for a proper list to compile. So far I have it as (from the thread and PMs);

gildaguz
jaclaw
JedHed

I have gildaguz's address and will have these out by this weekend.

Also, just so everyone's aware I will continue the shipping deal the same way it came to me. The guy that shipped them to me paid for it so I'll do the same to the next guy. I'm assuming that's how it's been done the whole time and it's of no real importance anyway since you'd end up paying for some shipping somewhere in this deal.

Offline gildaguz

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 04:45:32 PM »
Take me out of the list please
Thanks

Offline atilla457

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 05:27:49 PM »
Please add me to the list. 

1. jaclaw
2. JedHed
3. atilla457

REMOVED per gildaguz's email.

I guess we'll have to start a new list. Sorry to anyone who may have been in line but it would be unfair of me to hold on to them while we wait for a proper list to compile. So far I have it as (from the thread and PMs);

gildaguz
jaclaw
JedHed

I have gildaguz's address and will have these out by this weekend.

Also, just so everyone's aware I will continue the shipping deal the same way it came to me. The guy that shipped them to me paid for it so I'll do the same to the next guy. I'm assuming that's how it's been done the whole time and it's of no real importance anyway since you'd end up paying for some shipping somewhere in this deal.
2009 Concours 14 ABS - Black

Offline Pynikal

• From power cruiser to power tourer.
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 06:31:45 PM »
ok soooo how does this work?

i think that i would like to be on this list you have.......i think.

valkmc

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2011, 08:49:47 AM »
I was next after powrtrippin, we had discussed shipping but you can skip me. I got to try out a couple with different shields recently and I am stickin with the OEM for now.
Thanks

Offline powrtrippin

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 07:26:21 AM »
ok soooo how does this work?

i think that i would like to be on this list you have.......i think.

I'll be shipping them to jaclaw and paying for the shipping. He'll try them for a little while and ship them on to the next person in line.

Does anyone remember who these belonged to originally? I'd like to say thanks!

Offline Pynikal

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 05:47:21 PM »
ahhh i see.  so you get a few shields in the package and you put some miles on each one adn see what one you like the best basically?. 

that sounds like a great idea!  add me to the list!

Offline powrtrippin

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 01:47:55 PM »
Sorry for the delay. Tried the other windshield this week just in case. Same thing... WAY too big. I like that you can hide behind them in the rain but in the really hot weather there's nothing like letting the wind hit you in the chest to keep you cooled off. The big shields do a great job of redirecting the air around you but I only find that necessary in the wintertime. Shields will go out tomorrow.

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 11:43:03 AM »
yes, hot weather is an issue with these huge windshields. But I tell ya, for highway driving and for rain or cold, they are awesome. My head goes to an automatic break dance with the stock shield at highway speed. I am contemplating putting on the stock one for the summer. And then switch back to my cee bailey for any extended tour or for fall and winter.

Nice to see these windshields are still circulating. hope it never ends!
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline powrtrippin

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 01:45:03 PM »
Windshields will arrive to the next guy on Monday... Enjoy and don't blame me for the box... It came to me in that condition! LOL! If I had to guess, that's the original box the thing was shipped in when this whole thing started. :)

Offline olie

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 12:40:54 PM »
I was next after powrtrippin, we had discussed shipping but you can skip me. I got to try out a couple with different shields recently and I am stickin with the OEM for now.
Thanks
after 28k+ miles with CB UT shield, last weekend I changed back to the original and it seems I like it enough at least around town to keep it there... I need to check it again on the backroads at higher speeds...
13 Blue Connie, 8/4/2013
16 Green Versys 1k
11 Red Vette

Offline Pynikal

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 08:01:36 PM »
did i get added to the list??

if not please add me!

Offline jaclaw

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 06:09:53 AM »
I recieved them in good shape on Monday and have tried both.  I too am sticking with the  '08 OEM screen for summer and at least for now the KAW tall screen for cooler weather.  List as I see it is;
1. JedHed
2. Atilla457
3. Pynikal

I need Jedhed to send me his address and I will get these out next week.  I think I will retire the box.

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 03:06:33 PM »
I recieved them in good shape on Monday and have tried both.  I too am sticking with the  '08 OEM screen for summer and at least for now the KAW tall screen for cooler weather.  List as I see it is;
1. JedHed
2. Atilla457
3. Pynikal

I need Jedhed to send me his address and I will get these out next week.  I think I will retire the box.

Give that box a good farewell ! It has seen more places in this country than most of us have !
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Caffeinated

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 06:17:01 AM »
This still in circulation? I'd like to try out some different shields. BTW...which shied's are in the box?

If I could get on the list, that would be great.

Thanks
Chris (COG# 8538), Bristow, Va
2012 Black Concours 1400
2011 Silver Concours 1400 (Totaled)
2002 Silver Concours (sold), 06 Vulcan 900LT (sold), 03 VStar 650 (sold)