Author Topic: Safer-Turn Black Friday Sale 2018  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
Safer-Turn Black Friday Sale 2018
« on: November 20, 2018, 09:41:46 AM »
First, let me state that I do not get any compensation in any way for this.  I thought I’d let everyone know that https://safer-turn.com is giving 33% off from now until Friday.  If you’ve been on the fence on this farkle, now might be a good time.  I purchased the brake system a while back for $75 and I am very happy with it.  I didn’t buy the self canceling turn signal system because at 100 bucks, I thought it a bit too spendy.  However, at 66 bucks, I plan on pulling the plug.  The email I received said the discount is for their “members”, so I’m not certain it will work for everyone.  By “members”, I’m guessing it could mean previous customers.  It can’t hurt to check, though.  The discount code is “ridesmart33”.  Good luck and safe travels.

Ray
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
Re: Safer-Turn Black Friday Sale 2018
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 11:35:02 AM »
I've seen tons of vids, and it's never safer to turn black. Thanks for playing though.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 12:30:53 PM »
I've seen tons of vids, and it's never safer to turn black. Thanks for playing though.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 04:43:38 PM »
I have three bikes. Only my Victory Magnum has self canceling turnsignals. Half the time or better I cancel them before or at the same time that they self cancel out of habit from my other two bikes and every other bike I’ve ever owned. Not sure I see this as a “safety” modification. More of a luxury or a way to make it more car like for those that drive more than they ride.

All that said, it does bug the sh!t out of me when I’m riding with someone that doesn’t cancel their signals. I have a good friend of mine that does it all the time. I’m convinced that he must be doing it intentionally at this point. I’m constantly telling him to cancel his signals. He is a train engineer so I always tease him that trains don’t have turn signals and that must be why he always forget to cancel them.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline katata1100

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 06:38:18 PM »
These things work!
I have them on my c14. The only time they don’t self cancel is when you do a gradual lane change on the highway. Doing a little wiggle after changing lanes will get them to stop. Or, they’ll turn off on their own after about 14 secs.
With turns ( not lane changes) they turn the signals off about 2 secs after you complete the turn. It’s amusing to watch them do this .
Do a search on the net and I doubt you’ll find even one person who dislikes them.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 01:11:38 AM »
These things work!
I have them on my c14. The only time they don’t self cancel is when you do a gradual lane change on the highway. Doing a little wiggle after changing lanes will get them to stop. Or, they’ll turn off on their own after about 14 secs.
With turns ( not lane changes) they turn the signals off about 2 secs after you complete the turn. It’s amusing to watch them do this .
Do a search on the net and I doubt you’ll find even one person who dislikes them.

Personally, I think I would rather just do it manually, always, than have it work most of the time automatically and not other times; always wondering/checking if it is was working correctly in every situation (like you said, after lane changes, but also if it cancels too soon in unusual turn prep situations).  It is very rare I ever leave a blinker on.  If I had to guess, I would say less than 0.5%.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline katata1100

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2018, 07:44:50 AM »
You CAN still use your signals manually if you want. I merely pointed out where the g sensors don’t work . If you lean the bike when you change lanes , it will turn it off with a couple of seconds.
The way you turn it off manually is you simply turn the switch to the direction you used to activate them to begin with ( the center push to deactivate no longer works with this mod).
This works best in city driving .

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 10:00:07 PM »
Personally, I think I would rather just do it manually, always, than have it work most of the time automatically and not other times; always wondering/checking if it is was working correctly in every situation (like you said, after lane changes, but also if it cancels too soon in unusual turn prep situations).  It is very rare I ever leave a blinker on.  If I had to guess, I would say less than 0.5%.
I DO agree with you, Max.  I’ve always prided myself in being aware of my signals and using them religiously.  That being said, it does happen every once in awhile where I look down and see that a signal is flashing because, even though I was certain I had canceled it, maybe I just didn’t push the switch in enough.  At this discount, it’s pretty cheap insurance and piece of mind to know that I no longer have to worry about it. 

Offline katata1100

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 11:40:01 PM »
Just buy it-If your wife were to give it as a xmas gift, you’d install it , right?
Use your signal like you normally do, as long as you don’t do lane change where you do slow , gradual lane changes, they’ll turn off within two seconds.
Should they not, just manually do it. At intersections and general turns, it is 100% correct. They work better than you can. For example, if you should do one of those lane changes on the freeway, they will turn off automatically after about 14 secs. I think most can say we have driven a bit and forgot to turn signal off.
However, if your in a busy intersection waiting to make a turn, they will stay on and remain on until you make the turn.
It really is that good and on a bike, is a nice luxury.
I’m fixing up my ‘91 katana 1100 and I just buy one for that too.