Author Topic: Advanced Sport Touring? [Vendor Issues]  (Read 71735 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: Advanced Sport Touring? [Vendor Issues]
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2014, 07:42:43 AM »
I can forgive most anything if there is good communication. Not receiving a paid for item and no communication is unforgivable.

Offline Phil

« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2014, 01:17:26 PM »
I can forgive most anything if there is good communication. Not receiving a paid for item and no communication is unforgivable.

Ryan at AST seems to have turned into a complete flake. 

I noted earlier that I had written Ryan several times, each time getting no response. It wasn’t until that I noted that I was active on the Kawasaki Concours 14 page on Facebook, that I got a shipping notice, but no formal communications with me. After I wrote this post, I clipped it out and sent it to Ryan to light a fire under his ass, not for me, but for the many others. What do you know - I get not one, but two emails - one suggesting that he has hundreds of customers that can attest to the fact that I ship incredibly fast !!.  This alone told me that he’s reading his emails, but choosing to reply to the ones that are really hot. 

Well - my order finally got to me today, July 9, 2014, exactly 2 days shy of a month.  Fast?  I don’t think so.  I ordered the passenger lowering adapter for my gals birthday, which he missed big time.  Him not getting me that order caused me to spend even more money for a gift, not to mention that because of the misleading order status response that insinuated that the order had shipped, but didn’t provide a tracking number.  I must have looked for 2 hours. 

I was going to post a complain on his Facebook page, which there still is a link in Google.  He has since pulled it down.  Why?  There is only one reason you take down a commercial Facebook page.  It’s easy for people to complain on.  That link is now dead: 
https://www.facebook.com/AdvancedSportTouring

Now that I got the product, I wanted to mention how dissatisfied I was.  I had read here that the finish coating appears to have changed from a thick, semi-gloss black powder coat, to a flat black anodized finish that isn’t remotely as durable, not to mention is don’t come close to matching the black gloss finish of the bike (see images attached).  Out of the box, there were 3 chips in the finish.  Will this hold up.  No way.  I’m going to do what I have read others had to do and repaint them. 

To add insult to injury, the hardware included two nuts.  One nut was a nylon lock nut, the other, a standard nut..  Apparently he ran low and just through in a nut without any locking mechanism. 

I’m off to the store. 

[/font]
Phil, aka Boston Bagger
===============
2010 Concours 14, 2008 BMW K1200GT, 2007 BMW K1200GT, 2004 BMW R1150RT, 2001 Harley ElectraGlide STD., 1999 Honda Shadow 750 ACE, 1971 Yamaha 360 Enduro RT-1,  1968 Yamaha 125 / 175 Enduro AT-1, 1963 Honda 250 Scrambler

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2014, 02:06:48 PM »
Guys, I think that this subject has been flogged to death and we've all made our points...therefore and ergo....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline qyetman

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2014, 09:31:44 PM »
Ordered 6/5 and still have not received my parts or even an e-mail to say "Yea I took your money and you'll get your parts someday maybe" . I have tried to make contact several times and get no response at all. Some of you may have had a good experience with AST, but mine has been terrible. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Offline AlanS

« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2014, 07:31:39 AM »
There is a thread in the COG forum someone with same issue, no parts, no contact.
I am in same boat, money pulled via PayPal no parts delivered, cannot make contact after multiple e-mails.
Started a dispute with PayPal, of course AST has not responded to that yet as well.
Should have tied this order to my credit card in PayPal, credit card people will just pull the charge back.
PayPal allows way to long for the seller to respond to the dispute.
Hope this works out well for all of us.
To the point I do not want the parts, just want to cancel order and a refund, do not want to do business with AST.
IMO
Alan
Don't Panic!
'08 Suzuki DR650SE Mootzimo
'09 Honda GL1800Navi/XM HAFACAR
'12 Kawasaki ZG1400 Concours

Offline Cuda

« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2014, 08:26:37 AM »
Max you should buy his highway bars and do a review !
I was thinking about getting a set but been waiting for your review! :)
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2014, 10:27:46 AM »
Max you should buy his highway bars and do a review !
I was thinking about getting a set but been waiting for your review! :)

Nah, I already have Ronnie's and like them a lot.  Super high quality,  non-obtrusive, effective.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2014, 12:38:13 PM »
I have been trying to contact AST too...wanted to order something but I chose to make contact with him first before spending money. Been emailing him for a week now and no response...NOTHING! Won't be ordering from AST! On the flip side you buy from Murph's and that guy is ON IT! Order, shipped...all within a day. That's how things are SUPPOSED to be done!
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Drugless

« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2014, 09:44:54 PM »
I too have been ripped off by Ryan which is a great shame as I prefer to support small business and had great success on my first order from him, but as for the second (and more expensive) order no contact at all. The money went sure enough but no further contact.
Sad really......
It's better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and confirm the fact. (Like I always do)
Previous bikes-
  Yamaha FJ1200 ('85)
  BMW R1200RT ('05)

Offline mopdog

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2014, 03:11:34 PM »
Same problem here with a backrest ordered on 8-7-14....0 response and no backrest....should I contact paypal yet?

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2014, 03:21:39 PM »
Same problem here with a backrest ordered on 8-7-14....0 response and no backrest....should I contact paypal yet?

I would...I still haven't heard from him after numerous emails. I was going to purchase something from him but ended up going elsewhere after he failed to respond.
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline mopdog

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2014, 06:15:52 PM »
I just want what I paid for or to know if its coming....hard to think I cant even get an email to say whats up. Wife wants a backrest and we are planning a trip before the end of the summer. Hate to buy another one and then have this one show up. Anyone have a phone # for them?

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline AlanS

« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2014, 07:47:25 PM »
I called that number[(727) 233 2918] a week ago, no one answers, cannot leave a message system says memory is full.
He has still not responded to PayPal as of yet either.
Alan
Don't Panic!

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2014, 03:43:50 AM »
I called that number[(727) 233 2918] a week ago, no one answers, cannot leave a message system says memory is full.
He has still not responded to PayPal as of yet either.
Alan

don't you itch to hear the messages there?  ;)
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline rvan

« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2014, 06:22:01 PM »
I too read all the previous threads but really wanted a set of risers, passenger lowering pegs and helmet locks so I took a chance and ordered them. Got everything in about a week. I assumed he was back up and running as before the move. No issues here. Good luck..

Offline mopdog

« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2014, 07:13:38 PM »
When did you order your stuff? I still dont even have a response from them.

Offline AlanS

« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2014, 08:38:26 PM »

Would like to know that as well, I have had no response either, also have not responded to PayPal dispute.
Don't Panic!

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2014, 08:59:27 PM »
Code   Item   Qty   Price   Grand Total
V1   CONCOURS 14 Throttlemeister
[Bike Year:2014]
[Finish:Black/Silver Milled]   1   $135.00   $135.00
C14-03   2 inch Pullback Risers
1   $160.00   $160.00

Subtotal:   $295.00
     Tax:   $0.00
     Shipping Cost:   $51.95
     Grand Total:   $346.95
Ordered these on 06/03/14. Received the risers on 07/08/14 bare metal(no paint finish) and mismatched fasteners. No Throttlemeister or reason as to why. After multiple emails I have yet to have any contact with AST. Ryan has not refunded my money or even tried to explain the reason for the missing throttle lock.
 It might be different if I knew why, but at this point I have no interest in doing business with this vendor again.
There are many reputable and honourable vendors with similar Farkels willing to look after this market.

Offline rvan

« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2014, 07:56:50 PM »
     Order around July 24 or so recieved e-mail about 4 days later from PayPal on Ryan's behalf with a tracking number. Order was recieved about 3-4 days after that. No issues.