Author Topic: SEAT TRADE? I have a Sargent World Sport Performance seat, how about you!?  (Read 1818 times)

Offline shredran

Currently riding a Sargent World Sport Performance Seat and really like it. However, I’ve been hearing different things about the various seats available and feel like it’d be cool to try another seat, perhaps a Russell or something similar. Anyone want to try a Sargent and care to trade? Mine is in fantastic condition with no issues whatsoever.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sargent-world-sport-performance-seat-kawasaki-concours-14-2008-2016?gclid=Cj0KCQiAkMDiBRDNARIsACKP1FF53X9Xds9rEiZ2btRZFymgyonV-aRjhXebSQ069S1YIYoaWUvZEugaArHsEALw_wcB

Offline jaymohn

Hi Shredran,
I don't think anyone with a Russel or similar is going to trade.  Your best bet is to sell the seat as is and upgrade.  I've tried about every seat except a Kaw gel seat and Russell but can say the best setup that I've found is a two piece corbin with airhawk pad.  I can ride longer than any of my riding buddies and have zero ass. 
Where do you live? Maybe you can meet up with someone and try their seat out for a day ride. 

Offline shredran

Hey! I'm in northern CA, San Jose specifically. That's great advice, thanks! But I'm still open to trading if someone will!

Thank you

Offline FTB530

Interested in the Kawasaki touring seat?

Offline shredran

I looked into it--it looks a bit too similar for me to the Sargent seat. Would rather try something completely different. Thank you though!

Offline PH14

Re: SEAT TRADE? I have a Sargent World Sport Performance seat, how about you!?
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 12:20:20 PM »
I looked into it--it looks a bit too similar for me to the Sargent seat. Would rather try something completely different. Thank you though!

I have had both. I kept the Kawasaki Touring seat. It isn't even close to the same.

Offline FTB530

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 09:54:14 PM »
I have had both. I kept the Kawasaki Touring seat. It isn't even close to the same.

Just curious about how many miles you have put on the touring seat, I have only rode mine maybe 300 miles, wondering if yours took some time to break in, mine is good other the. It still leans me forward which is what I don’t like about it!

Offline PH14

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 12:01:54 PM »
Just curious about how many miles you have put on the touring seat, I have only rode mine maybe 300 miles, wondering if yours took some time to break in, mine is good other the. It still leans me forward which is what I don’t like about it!

That just comes down to shape. I do wish it were a little flatter int he back, or better, have a split where the rear part of the seat comes together with the front, to allow it to compress a bit more in the back. It does fit the original riding position fairly well though.

I probably only have around 4-5000 miles on it, but I have ridden many 750+ mile days on it. Basically all the riding I have done since getting it was around 750 miles in a day or more. Overall it is a nice seat.  I doubt breaking in wll do anything with respect to the lean.