Author Topic: New Front Tire and Ride-On Tire Sealant/Balancer  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Thunderlizard

New Front Tire and Ride-On Tire Sealant/Balancer
« on: January 30, 2019, 07:00:09 PM »
Just wanted to throw out there for the sake of sharing info - I put a new tire on the front last weekend (Pirelli Angel GT) and am thrilled with the linear response, grip, and confidence it gives in the corners vs. the stock tire. Much quieter and smoother too! If I get any kind of mileage out of it, I'm a believer. I'll be changing out the stock rear to the Angel GT in a thousand miles or so.

Additionally, I had the shop add Ride-On tire sealant/balancer to the tire when installing, and it runs smooth as silk. I'm a big fan of Ride-on, not only for maintaining great balance and smoothness in the tire, but it saved my hind outside of Atlanta when I picked up a nail in the back tire of my Stratoliner.  Without Ride-On, I would have run flat much more quickly, which gave me time to get to the shoulder of the road and out of the crazy traffic.
Many folks worry if it will damage the TPS and/or the rim, but it has special corrosion inhibitors to prevent that. Used it for years and never had a lick of trouble, only positive results. And for the life of the tire, they always ran smooth. Here's a link:

https://www.ride-on.com/

On a final note, I have to add that in my life, I have never worn out a front tire before the rear...until now. (5600 miles?) Maybe it's the OEM tire, maybe it's the way the bike is set up and how I ride, who knows. But still strange to me!
I never ride alone...my Lord and Savior is always with me.

2016 GTR1400 Silver, Shoodaben Hammer Flash! Puig Windshield, AVT PullBack Risers, Grabon Covers, AVT Peg Lowers, Wireless Phone Ram Mount, Canyon Bars with Foot Pegs, Sheepskin Saddle cover, AST Backrest and luggage rack... More to come...
Instagram: markjamesholland

Offline Gabriel

• Near Galveston
Re: New Front Tire and Ride-On Tire Sealant/Balancer
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 04:05:22 PM »
Yeah wearing out the front first is unusual, it's probably just the oem tires.
That ride-on sealant sounds like a good thing and I can only imagine the centrifugal force that is present inside a tire at speed so worrying about that stuff ever touching the sensor case is a waste of time and if i remember right the valve core is straight through and does not interact with the sensor. the sensor has a separate hole for sensing... (just in case you wanted to ad sealant it later)
I balance my tires with paint ball BB's, they are cheep and work great plus they do not disintegrate.

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 06:29:26 PM »
I balance my tires with paint ball BB's, they are cheep and work great plus they do not disintegrate.

?!? Wouldn't they break and smear goo all over? Maybe Airsoft BBs?

Anyway, details, please.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 06:19:52 PM »
  :D

?!? Wouldn't they break and smear goo all over? Maybe Airsoft BBs?

Anyway, details, please.

You guys need to forget that stuff, as lather has proved, nothing balances like a 1/4" drive extension.  ;D

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 07:02:35 PM »
  :D

You guys need to forget that stuff, as lather has proved, nothing balances like a 1/4" drive extension.  ;D

:rotflmao:
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 07:10:30 PM »
My OEM front wore faster than the rear too. IIRC I only got 3500 +/- out of mine.

I’m running Angel GTs also and love them. I have a little over 4000 miles on them and still have lots of tread left. Even wear also. Not triangle shaped like the front OEM was when I took them off.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike