Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 455679 times)

Offline MrPepsi

Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #2020 on: June 16, 2020, 09:42:58 PM »
I work there and I'm of no help.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline JP

« Reply #2021 on: June 17, 2020, 12:11:10 AM »
Not all.  4th of July is coming...
I digress. Thank you!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2022 on: June 17, 2020, 05:34:24 AM »
I work there and I'm of no help.

Well, at least don't let it happen again!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #2023 on: June 17, 2020, 07:39:58 AM »
Noted.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2024 on: June 17, 2020, 06:34:44 PM »
That outage was the nail in the coffin for them.  We've had issues with their cell service from day one.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #2025 on: June 18, 2020, 02:04:13 PM »

The ice cream truck vendor that drives down your road at 2 MPH with that irritating music blaring.

I know times are tough, I bet his business is down.... so he goes extra slow. 

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #2026 on: June 19, 2020, 01:55:10 AM »
I swear our ice cream vendor has added a 10000W amp to his music system. When he pulls up outside my garage I have to put my fingers in my ears as it's painful. The last time my ears hurt like that was at a Motörhead concert!
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2027 on: June 19, 2020, 05:33:06 AM »
Mine too.  And all it EVER plays is the first movement of "Turkey in the Straw" over and over again.  It is like a recurring nightmare, month after month, year after year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9evcx3OmRMs
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2028 on: June 19, 2020, 05:43:32 AM »
Ours plays Christmas music....sigh.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2029 on: June 19, 2020, 06:24:28 AM »
Ours plays Christmas music....sigh.

It could be worse. Imagine if they played that song about leaving a cake out in the rain. Macarthur Park I believe is the name of that lil ditty.  :pukeface:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #2030 on: June 19, 2020, 06:32:50 AM »
Our is "Greensleeves" played on a cheap electronic piano.  >:( :yikes: :thumbdown
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #2031 on: June 19, 2020, 08:45:10 AM »
ITIL 4 Foundations
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #2032 on: June 19, 2020, 03:13:14 PM »
I stopped the guy last week, and walked up to the truck.. told him "DUDE... start using Guns and Roses' WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE BABY..."  he really didn't appreciate that.. but gave me a free Nutty Buddy... score....

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #2033 on: June 22, 2020, 01:15:28 AM »
Hook your PC to your HiFi system, turn it way up, and then play this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KzGhYhtWo8
 :banghead: :yikes: :thumbdown
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2034 on: July 01, 2020, 04:39:31 AM »
Yet again, I have been infuriated by Walmart.  Was in the area of our local Walmart and popped in to get a few things before the store got crazy.  Went to go pay at a self service checkout.  Scanned the first item and it said it was busy.  It wasn't as I was the only one there.  Hit the ok button for the message and scanned it again.  Same thing.  Told the clerk it's not working..she told me to hit the ok button.  Told her I already did that twice and it still didn't work...just got a blank stare.  Now I'm in IT and that was a system message that users aren't supposed to see.  There was something definitely wrong with it.  Said screw this and found the only checkout with a clerk in the whole store with someone with a cart already there piled up to the ceiling.  Think Sponge Bob...5 hours later...I get to undoubtedly the slowest clerk in the Nation...  Why do I do this to myself?

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #2035 on: July 01, 2020, 05:07:17 AM »
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2036 on: July 01, 2020, 07:11:29 AM »
Yet again, I have been infuriated by Walmart.  Was in the area of our local Walmart and popped in to get a few things before the store got crazy.  Went to go pay at a self service checkout.  Scanned the first item and it said it was busy.  It wasn't as I was the only one there.  Hit the ok button for the message and scanned it again.  Same thing.  Told the clerk it's not working..she told me to hit the ok button.  Told her I already did that twice and it still didn't work...just got a blank stare.  Now I'm in IT and that was a system message that users aren't supposed to see.  There was something definitely wrong with it.  Said screw this and found the only checkout with a clerk in the whole store with someone with a cart already there piled up to the ceiling.  Think Sponge Bob...5 hours later...I get to undoubtedly the slowest clerk in the Nation...  Why do I do this to myself?

I'm sorry to burst your bubble Jim but you did NOT have the slowest Walmart cashier in the nation. That pleasure fell on me yesterday. Naturally I had ice-cream, popsicles, frozen fruit bars, frozen French fries, and frozen hash browns in my cart. Not only did I have the pleasure of waiting on the slowest clerk but also the slowest customer as well.

Don't you just love it when the person in front of you takes FOREVER to unload their cart and then they wait till the cashier has rang EVERYTHING up and then, and only then, will they rummage around in their purse for that magic piece of plastic to insert it into the reader. It's also great fun to watch all of this and then to have this customer give to an incredibly dirty look because she seems to think that you're trying to eyeball her PIN when she enters it.

Did I mention that it was 98 degrees outside at the time? That didn't help my frozen goods much either, even though I had a small cooler in the car with blue ice in it for the cold stuff.     
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2037 on: July 01, 2020, 05:01:02 PM »
She coulda been writing a check.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2038 on: August 02, 2020, 06:21:30 AM »
Yet again, I've been made crazy and annoyed..     BJ's (the store you 12 year olds....easy boys) this time.  I got a call from my wife who was vacationing in Williamsburg this weekend with my daughter and grand kids.  Unfortunately for me I was on a job in the hinterlands of Virginia and couldn't attend.  So whilst I'm cutting a new computer system over I get this frantic call saying that her credit card has been hacked.  She just saw a $55 charge come across her phone.  As she hasn't been to that store in awhile this was concerning and it's her only charge card not store related.  Nothing I can do at this point so I tell her to call the card company.  Card company tells her that they've been inundated with calls of a similar nature from said store.  Seems it's the renewal membership.  No advance warning, nothing...just a charge out of the blue 30 days before it's supposed to renew.  So the charge is valid but the strange thing is she isn't the primary store membership holder.  That's me.  I goes to the website and see that somehow that express auto renewal has been conveniently checked without my permission (that I can remember) nor are there any payment methods under my profile.  So this company uses the last credit card used and renews with that without our permission no matter who's it is. 

So the moral here is that if you are a BJ's member, check your profile for auto renew and turn that f****r off.  We're letting the charge stand as we would have done it anyway but the way they did it is reprehensible.  This will be the last year we use the membership and will not renew it in 2021.  We haven't been going to that store anyway in any great frequency this year.  We don't need stuff in great quantities anymore.  Every time we go to that store it's over a $100 a pop.  I hates them I do. >:(

My sword only works in this realm unfortunately, otherwise I'd gut them like a fish!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2039 on: August 02, 2020, 10:08:15 AM »
And whilst I'm on a rant mode....

Celebrities, politicians, and criminals (not necessarily in that order) who apologize after they've been 'caught'....  I hate that, I mean, why bother?  You don't really mean it.  You're only saying that because you've been caught.