Author Topic: WalMart suspends ammo ordering  (Read 4824 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: WalMart suspends ammo ordering
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 04:40:47 PM »
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 07:34:18 PM »
Wonder how much local latitude there is  in stocking? I've heard as much as 20% of the stock at a WM is local specific and it seems to be so. I've compared their inventory on a lot of things as I travel around the country and there seems to be a significant local flavor. For instance, there are two in my county. One is in the city and has a heavier "ethnic flavor" to its stock. It also (in the past anyway) carried more of the semi-auto rifes and pistol accessories, while the local one (near me) has a slightly differnt mix of inventory. Curious..
2014 C-14 Red

Offline Leo

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 09:05:19 AM »
When I lived in Dallas, three walmarts in the near south suburbs quit handling any sort of hunting equipment, firearms or ammunition.  That was in 2008.  The funny thing, the walmart next to a high crime area still keep their ammo sales going. You could always find 9mm and 7.62 X 39 rounds there.  One store in Indiana actually sells reloading supplies and gun powder as well as the usual guns an ammo.   I think  the individual stores have a lot of options.
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Offline basmntdweller

• The Profile Brotherhood
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2013, 10:56:46 AM »
Here in Indianapolis, none of the stores I have been to sell any firearms but all sell ammo when it is in stock. I talked to a guy at the gun show here in town Saturday from northeast Indiana. He said their store still sells shotguns and rifles but quit selling handguns 7-8 years ago.
And for the record if anyone is listening, I did not buy any assault rifles at the gun show.

Matt
'09 C14
'98 DR-350
'11 Suzuki C50T wife's ride since she hates my Connie
'03 Honda CBR600RR track bike

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 11:30:58 AM »
The Dallas/Ft.Worth local area Walmarts quit selling long guns a number of years ago, but then most of the outlying store started back up a few years ago. Some of the further outlying stores never stopped (Weatherford, Granbury, etc).
My store isn't getting much of the ammo for the .223/9mm/.22LR, but when the do, it disappears very quickly. I've quit even walking by that area of the store. I've had much better success with Academy Sports.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold