Author Topic: EXTENDED GTPP 36 MONTH WARRANTY....now $393...  (Read 189184 times)

Offline tthompsr

• 2009 Black Concours
Re: EXTENDED GTPP 36 MONTH WARRANTY....$339
« Reply #160 on: April 21, 2014, 08:27:55 PM »
Recently renewed my GTPP, still the same price!

Offline TEXREX02

« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2014, 03:44:59 PM »
This deal is still in effect. 

I emailed Ultimate Cycle on the 14th with all of my info and a contact number.  I received a call on the 21st for my cc#.  I received my paperwork from them on the 23rd and I received my card from Kawasaki today.

Awesome deal!
'02 ZRX
'10 C14

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2014, 03:24:02 PM »
We discovered in 11/2014 that Kawasaki has now limited the GTPP to a maximum of two extensions of the original warranty for a total of 9 years maximum coverage (3 year factory warranty + 2 x 3-year GTPP).  If you had already been able to obtain three extensions of the original warranty before the policy change, it should still be honored.

I added this information to the top posting.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2014, 04:00:20 PM »
 ???
Thanx for the assist, I'll go back and re write all of the drivel I originally posted, GTPP is no more, there is a NEW Kawasaki program in place, Uniquely called KPP, Kawasaki Protection Plan...which is why I have to revise. Pete is still providing for all of us / you, the plan, which can be bought twice.... when I get to my computer I'll explain the new program. Fully.

GTPP new program is now called something different, all current GTPP holders are covered.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #164 on: November 14, 2014, 05:00:46 PM »
Thanx for the assist, I'll go back and re write all of the drivel I originally posted,

It is a bit messy :)

GTPP is no more, there is a NEW Kawasaki program in place, Uniquely called KPP, Kawasaki Protection Plan...which is why I have to revise. Pete is still providing for all of us / you, the plan, which can be bought twice.... when I get to my computer I'll explain the new program. Fully.

GTPP new program is now called something different, all current GTPP holders are covered.

OK.  I was going to ask if there are any changes other than just the limit of renewals.  I am afraid to ask, though...

BTW- does any other Kawasaki (other than the Concours) come with a 3 year factory warranty or are they all 1 year?  And were people able to purchase GTPP/KPP for those bikes too?  And what would the extended durations be for those?  (Not that I want a different bike, I am just curious how the Concours compares).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline oldsmoboat

« Reply #165 on: March 31, 2015, 09:58:40 AM »
I know this in an older thread but it's still stickied...
Is this still available at $399?
Is this the factory Kawasaki extended warranty?
I may be buying a 2015 very shortly and this beats the dealers warranty by far.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #166 on: March 31, 2015, 12:28:52 PM »
You should get a three year factory warranty with a new purchase and then add two of these factory warrantys for a total of nine years full factory warranty. This is the same warranty the dealer will sell you for what ever he wants. Local dealer quoted me $800 even after I showed him this quote.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #167 on: March 31, 2015, 01:56:25 PM »
I know this in an older thread but it's still stickied...
Is this still available at $399?
Is this the factory Kawasaki extended warranty?
I may be buying a 2015 very shortly and this beats the dealers warranty by far.

Yes on all questions. This is the exact GTPP warranty Kaw sells for $700+
Oh, its now called KPP, they changed the name, but its the exact same warrenty

We have no idea when this deal will evaporate, but when I talked to Pete a couple months ago, its still a green light.
Get the extension immediatly, it rolls in on the expiration date of the OEM 36 mo one, if you are smart, and plan as I did, to keep this bike forever, as soon as you get verification the first GTTP / KPP is added, buy the second one.... you cn buy 2 total, as noted, get them before they are gone....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2015, 04:49:20 AM »
As noted above, you can add two warranty extensions on to the original 3 year warranty. My 2008 (purchased in 2009) is warranted by Kawasaki till 2018. The extensions have to be purchased while the original is still in force.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2015, 05:34:44 AM »
The extensions have to be purchased while the original is still in force.

I thought you could purchase the extensions while ANY warranty is still in force, not just the original 3 year.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2015, 08:01:20 AM »
I thought you could purchase the extensions while ANY warranty is still in force, not just the original 3 year.

I'm not sure about that. The first extension has to be purchased while the original is still in force for sure but I'm not sure about the second extension. I know that I purchased my second extension while the original was still in force.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2015, 02:53:53 PM »

that is correct, the first extension must be purchased prior to the OEM expiration date, so don't wait till a couple days before to try to renew... you may miss the window.

Second extension must be purchased while there is an active warranty, meaning either your first active extension, or the original OEM... (yes, you CAN buy a second extension as soon as you receive notification the first extension is recorded, even tho you are still on the original OEM plan) you have to have an active plan to purchase, that's the only stipulation, again, don't wait till a week before extension #1 expires... that in my opinion is cutting it to close, and if you cannot get in touch with the correct people there, you may again miss the window.

carry on, ride safe...

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #172 on: April 22, 2015, 09:18:58 AM »
I take it, its not really possible to get through to Pete without calling him. He doesn't seem to respond to e-mail inquiries.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #173 on: April 24, 2015, 04:54:37 PM »
I take it, its not really possible to get through to Pete without calling him. He doesn't seem to respond to e-mail inquiries.

not really, if he is there... the issue is if he is not in the building, he ain't reading/answering an email... if you call, they may tell you he is not in the building, or maybe they will tell you when he will be...

also note they are not open on Monday...

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #174 on: April 24, 2015, 06:10:56 PM »
OFFTOPIC:

Hey, where ya' been Rich? Good to see you around....

Brian

not really, if he is there... the issue is if he is not in the building, he ain't reading/answering an email... if you call, they may tell you he is not in the building, or maybe they will tell you when he will be...

also note they are not open on Monday...
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #175 on: April 25, 2015, 05:03:04 AM »
I have a 2012 that runs out of warranty in about 30 days.
The bike's warranty info is still in the previous owners name. Not sure how long it takes to get GTPP to change it to my name.
Is there a way to get the 3 years before transfer? Just to make sure it is done in time.
I don't want to have a Concours without the warranty. Just the TPS alone make it worth it.
Last year I got my local shop to come close to matching this price for my 2010. I paid $340 or $350. Well worth it. This time I call for the 2012 and they want $1600. Absolutely nuts. lol. The other guy doesn't work there anymore.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #176 on: April 25, 2015, 07:29:12 AM »
I have a 2012 that runs out of warranty in about 30 days.
The bike's warranty info is still in the previous owners name. Not sure how long it takes to get GTPP to change it to my name.
Is there a way to get the 3 years before transfer? Just to make sure it is done in time.
I don't want to have a Concours without the warranty. Just the TPS alone make it worth it.
Last year I got my local shop to come close to matching this price for my 2010. I paid $340 or $350. Well worth it. This time I call for the 2012 and they want $1600. Absolutely nuts. lol. The other guy doesn't work there anymore.

I'm pretty sure that you can transfer ownership of your bike at the Kawi website.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #177 on: April 25, 2015, 09:08:05 AM »
I call for the 2012 and they want $1600. Absolutely nuts. lol.

I find it amazing what some shops think their margin should be for maybe 10 minutes of paperwork.  No sales, no repair labor, no parts, no inventory, just filling out a form and faxing it.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #178 on: April 25, 2015, 12:19:18 PM »
I'm pretty sure that you can transfer ownership of your bike at the Kawi website.

Thank you. I'll check that out over the weekend.

Joel from Maine.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #179 on: May 02, 2015, 09:59:45 AM »
Went to a dealership and they had it transferred in under an hour. He was hoping to sell me an extended warranty, but his prices were sub par.
Joel from Maine.