Author Topic: After 5 years, my first drop.  (Read 2775 times)

Offline CoffeeRider

After 5 years, my first drop.
« on: September 17, 2011, 04:38:29 PM »
After a long ride through PA today, came to a temp stop light on a mountain road. I knew I should have taken a break sooner but I was anxious to be heading home to do chores. The pavement was uneven so I put down my right foot as well as my left when I was struck with a bad cramp in my right shin and that was the side the lean was on. Down she went in slow motion right in front of 10 other bikers. They all hopped off their bikes and got my bike up and on the stand off the side of the road while I walked off the cramp. Everyone was very sympathetic. The only damage was from a light mount on the side that bent into the fairing and broke the plastic. It is all there, just cracked up with a small piece broken out. I guess I will have to watch the For Sale thread for people parting out a bike. After walking it out and resting, we all took off again and had no more trouble the rest of the ride. The moral of the story is: when you start getting tired even when you are with a group, pull over to the side and take a rest.
2002 Concours (It's not grey, it's SilverDammit)
Targa windshield, Fender extender, Murph's knee savers, bar risers, Optronix driving lights, Garmin Quest GPS, hyperlights, Back off stop light flasher, backrest extender

Offline wendel

Re: After 5 years, my first drop.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 08:11:50 AM »
I have found that the more tired I get, my riding style become sloppy and agree with you.
2012 C14

Offline W14

Re: After 5 years, my first drop.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 09:28:58 AM »
I have found that the ride is no fun when I am tired