Author Topic: Lower cowl grommets? Alternate source?  (Read 1346 times)

Offline Lodogg2221

Lower cowl grommets? Alternate source?
« on: March 21, 2012, 09:21:52 PM »
Hey guys. 
Ive been trying to get the body back on my Connie, but noticed that one of the grommets was just about gone.  Its basically the center portion and thats it.

I can get them from mama Kaw, but dont have a local dealer, and dont really want to pay $10 shipping to get $4 worth of parts.
Is there an alternative?
They are the same pieces used on the front portion near the radiator as well.

Also, I noticed when looking at the parts fiche that Im also missing the insert/spacer, and have been all along.  I plan to get tires at some point over the Summer and can order them when I do that, but would really like to replace the rubber part with something that would at least be serviceable until then.

Any ideas appreciated! 
Anyone have extras laying around?  LOL!
Say what?

Offline gpzrocker

Re: Lower cowl grommets? Alternate source?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 03:56:52 AM »
Let me see what I can scrounge up. I might be able to look today.

Offline Lodogg2221

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 10:42:35 AM »
Any luck? 
Say what?

Offline Stasch

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 12:20:23 PM »
I've used Kawi's online parts finder - they send to the nearest Kaw dealer for you to pick up.   Parts costs are a tad bit higher in some cases, but you do not pay shipping.
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline Lodogg2221

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 07:13:24 PM »
I've used Kawi's online parts finder - they send to the nearest Kaw dealer for you to pick up.   Parts costs are a tad bit higher in some cases, but you do not pay shipping.

Yeah, but like I said, no Kaw dealer close.  Nearest is about 40 miles....give or take. 

Guess Ill just order them and eat the shipping.  Gotta get the bike back together and Id prefer to have the right parts doing the job...have a cobbled together spacer/rubber washer on the one side now, and dont like it much, but it does hold the panel on, and its better than what the PO had on there, which was nothing.
Say what?