Author Topic: another satisfied Guhl reflash customer  (Read 4614 times)

Offline eng943

another satisfied Guhl reflash customer
« on: April 28, 2013, 07:41:02 PM »
It was a good weekend for my C14. I installed an Area P slip on, BBC air filter and my refreshed SCI from Guhl.

After spending an hour or so with the bike I was just amazed with how responsive it is now. Feels like a completely different bike, and honestly, the way it should have run from the factory.

Two thumbs way up for these mods, and the Guhl regulars in particular.
2017 C14 - AST Risers / Peg Lowering kit / mccruise /Garmin 595/Shoodaben MR / Area P / Kawi Touring Seat.
Second Bike 2017 BMW R12R

Offline Cuda

Re: another satisfied Guhl reflash customer
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 08:09:38 PM »
Too bad you did not remove the cats , did you plug that grey hose in the air box?
Today switching lanes and getting on it the front end lifted , handle bars did a wiggle  ( I'm free I'm free) Yeah It feels like a 1400 now ;)
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 12:17:55 PM »
+1 Leo Vince slip on, K&N and Guhl reflash on mine and loving it.

Offline stewart

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 04:23:33 PM »
Can't argue with the butt and the grin on your face.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline Conrad

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 04:58:57 AM »
Can't argue with the butt and the grin on your face.

That's what she said...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 05:24:36 AM »
That's what she said...
pics or it didn't happen

Offline bikelee

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 06:22:04 AM »
If I have this reflash done, will it get rid of that annoying snatching throttle, especially when you close the throttle ? Almost makes the bike slam into the forks. My 2010 did this along with my 2012 doing it now.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 08:29:55 AM »
If I have this reflash done, will it get rid of that annoying snatching throttle, especially when you close the throttle ? Almost makes the bike slam into the forks. My 2010 did this along with my 2012 doing it now.

I don't know about the reflash but these help a ton!

http://www.g2ergo.com/street-bike-g2-ergonomics-products/g2-tamer-throttle-tubes-street/g2-tamer-throttle-tubes-1.html

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 08:42:06 AM »

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 08:48:28 AM »
I just don't feel that throttle "snatch" people talk about but maybe my cables are adjusted better.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 09:00:41 AM »
I just don't feel that throttle "snatch" people talk about but maybe my cables are adjusted better.

No snatch for you?

I'll Fight Ya For It - Snatch. (2/8) Movie CLIP (2000) HD

Son of Pappy

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 09:11:00 AM »
??  Pardon my confusion, but isn't instant on/off what we seek?  Using my F800GS as an example, it was twitchy due to a lean, make the greenies happy, condition, fatten the mixture up and it goes away.  The C14 isn't running lean, it is running fat, which is easily fixed with a flyectomy/PCV or the Guhl reflash.  Chopping the throttle will have the same results regardless of which method you go with. 
I must add, I love the aggressive downshifting the slipper clutch allows ;D ;D  I've seen a few sportbikes get too aggressive which led to long tire slides and soiled britches ;)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 09:44:30 AM »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2014, 05:44:50 AM »
OK, I have to ask...  Ever since I have been flashed, there is more exhaust noise, especially a lower note,  more at certain RPMs, and this is even under light throttle.  Yesterday it seemed particularly noticeable, to the point I was looking for a small exhaust leak when I got home (nope, all noise coming from just the tailpipe).

Could be coincidence with the flash and be totally unrelated.  I did install the windshield extender at the same time, which does make things quieter when I ride.   Anyone else notice anything similar after flashing?  Thoughts about it being something else?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2014, 06:00:25 AM »
Max, I noticed a louder intake noise when I removed the flies. I changed the exhaust at the same time so no help there. Windshield position makes a difference in perceived sounds.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2014, 01:25:15 PM »
Max, I noticed a louder intake noise when I removed the flies. I changed the exhaust at the same time so no help there. Windshield position makes a difference in perceived sounds.

Yeah, I am thinking it is a combination of some from the flash and some from the quieter wind situation.  Will have to keep an eye on it... I mean ear on it.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc